• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V being built on Unreal Engine 4

trutrutru

I'll acknowledge all of your silly comments. They're still silly.

so much for it being easy to ignore people with silly comments.

anyway. pointless back and forth aside...

SF4 & 5 dont look all that different. More detailed character models and shader work dont exclude this game from being a little too close to SF4 in terms of art direction....

Now it doesnt need to be night and day to be considered different. But this is too similar...

Skab

The early iterations of 3 tho

Ken and Ryu were in all versions of SF3.

so much for it being easy to ignore people with silly comments.

anyway. pointless back and forth aside...

SF4 & 5 dont look all that different. More detailed character models and shader work dont exclude this game from being a little too close to SF4 in terms of art direction....

Now it doesnt need to be night and day to be considered different. But this is too similar...

You're opinion has been noted. Now please note that the vast majority of people in this thread disagree/will disagree, and move on.

trutrutru

Ken and Ryu were in all versions of SF3.

You're opinion has been noted. Now please note that the vast majority of people in this thread disagree/will disagree, and move on.

Thats fine. I have no issue with that. A difference of opinion is one thing. Acting sore in the rear over it is another. But moving on

yurinka

Why does companys like Capcom don't use or make their own game engines anymore? I don't think that the Unreal Engine is bad, I only think that big companys like Capcom should have their own game engines, to me it feels a little bit strange ;)
It's way cheaper to use a multiplatform engine like Unreal than to create your own one, it speed ups development and makes it easier.
That's probably true ;) But I still think that at least big companys like Capcom should have their own game engines ;) By the way, does Nintendo have their own game engines?
No, Nintendo doesn't make multiplatform engines or multiplatform games. It isn't the same at all. They even can skip the engines because won't use it, since they only make a few games for their consoles, even the sequels of these games won't appear for the same console, so won't be able to re-use it.

It may be one of the reasons of why Nintendo is way behind the other big publishers technology wise.

Top Bottom