• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
i tried going through challenge mode with other characters, but i can't do it. looks like i'm a one trick pony. time to buy the season pass i guess

Genki

Dumb question, but is there a list of cross counter punishable moves anywhere? Was playing against a Birdie, which is rare, and realised I had no idea...

Alucrid

Banned
Dumb question, but is there a list of cross counter punishable moves anywhere? Was playing against a Birdie, which is rare, and realised I had no idea...

are you asking for what moves birdie can use to crush counter you or what moves of birdie's can be crush countered? if it's the latter, any of them, as long as the button you hit them with can give a crush counter and it hits in a counter situation

wosaxkud.png

FluxWaveZ

Clearly I need to post less and play more.

Though, to be fair, I mainly post when I'm waiting for the next match, since it takes forever. Like I am right now.

qcf x2

Finally got my first rage mail after 950+ matches; that took a while.

I barely consider that rage mail. Is he a lil salty sure but it's not like he went off on you.

Also my response would've been: Are you prepared for Sagat? LOL that's right there is no Sagat.

FluxWaveZ

they just need to take away that wall bounce. so unfair

If they just outright removed the wall bounce from her throw, it would need to be compensated in another area of her game because, without it, she can't get going and she'll end up in Neutral hell a lot more often, as one of the characters with the least amount of footsie tools.

I barely consider that rage mail. Is he a lil salty sure but it's not like he went off on you.

Also my response would've been: Are you prepared for Sagat? LOL that's right there is no Sagat.

Yeah, it's barely anything compared to what I've had the fun of reading when I was playing StarCraft II. I guess it's the abstraction between CFN and PSN and other factors that makes it harder for people to do it, because I think we'd be seeing a lot more of it otherwise.

Whales

Banned
the big shot of ken's feet on ryu's face made me realize that his feets are weird

like, why do they look like plastic compared to other chars?

Bro, daps.

I'm putting Karin down to try to find a replacement character. 90% of her best offense revolving around Tenko -- which I can't reliably land -- makes her sorta redundant.

Charge characters probably aren't good for new players like me, but I really like Necalli's design as he's one of the best new characters Capcom's made since SF3.

Charge buffering is gonna be the biggest habit I'll need to get into, though.

Genki

are you asking for what moves birdie can use to crush counter you or what moves of birdie's can be crush countered? if it's the latter, any of them, as long as the button you hit them with can give a crush counter and it hits in a counter situation

I mean moves that when blocked leaves the player who used it open to a counter state punish, like shoryuken etc.

Bro, daps.

I'm putting Karin down to try to find a replacement character. 90% of her best offense revolving around Tenko -- which I can't reliably land -- makes her sorta redundant.

Charge characters probably aren't good for new players like me, but I really like Necalli's design as he's one of the best new characters Capcom's made since SF3.

Charge buffering is gonna be the biggest habit I'll need to get into, though.

You're a new player and you mained Karin? I find that she's one of the hardest character to play as.

I actually find charge characters easier to get into when I first started back in SF2.

Genki

That's only because part of the recovery still counts as a counter hit, if you hit it too late it won't counter either.

Ok, cool to know the technical reason. Is there a list of which moves have this property though? I know it has to do with the invincibility of the move's startup, but nothing beyond that.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ok, cool to know the technical reason. Is there a list of which moves have this property though? I know it has to do with the invincibility of the move's startup, but nothing beyond that.

AFAIK, any special move with invincible start-up is like this, and only those moves.

Ryu, Ken, Cammy, and Necalli each have one that can be used without spending meter.
Chun-Li, Rashid, and Karin (and Guile) each have one that costs 1 EX bar.

No other characters have them.

Xeteh

Just fought a Plat player and in the first match where he beat me, both of our leagues suddenly reverted to Rookie, where I had 0 LP and he just gained 55. It reverted back to normal after the second match. Weird stuff.

Heh... close?

Edit: And now, no more matches. Wonder if something screwed up.

Obviously the Guile patch is going live so they can hop on CPT and be like GO PLAY GUILE BITCHES!

Just fought a Plat player and in the first match where he beat me, both of our leagues suddenly reverted to Rookie, where I had 0 LP and he just gained 55. It reverted back to normal after the second match. Weird stuff.

Heh... close?

Edit: And now, no more matches. Wonder if something screwed up.

Guile is launching in 10 minutes that's why.
:(

Genki

AFAIK, any special move with invincible start-up is like this, and only those moves.

Ryu, Ken, Cammy, and Necalli each have one that can be used without spending meter.

Ah, thank you. For some reason I thought everyone had one.

The other 10 have at least one DP if you have all your meter :p

I like the contrast between Nash and Guile. Nash learned how to use Sonic energy in versatile ways (Moonslaught Slash, Sonic Scythe, Teleport) while Guile just stuck with two moves and honed them to perfection.

Steroyd

Nice OT!

I'm suffering from that feeling when you lose a heartbreaker, but then has to immediately stop playing and leave the house. Suffering from salt overload without my runback. Fucking random super!

While I didn't go as far as leaving the house to look into the sunset, I did lose to a salty as fuck timeout where all I had to do was either neutral jump a firebll or v skilled through it and I did neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom