• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killu4what M.Bison Gold
(just got knocked down but I will be back)

Who I hate the most tier list
A+ Tier
Mika
Ken(low level)
Nash
Ryu(High Level)
Vega

A Tier
Ken(High Level)
Chun Li
Necalli
Fang
Gief
Alex

Skilletor

The feeling I get from having seen opinions of some top players is that she's generally considered fairly middling because her entire neutral game plan is about climbing a steep hill. But that all gets defenestrated when she's right in front of her opponent and that's when the Mika people love to hate appears, because that steep hill has been overcome.

The opponent's goal against her should always be to make her game plan sisyphean, pushing her back down that hill whenever they can and never, ever letting her climb to the top. Well, unless you're Zangief or maybe even Laura.

I love you for using this word.

Shauni

Maybe I'm just not using Mika right then. I don't do very well at the end of the day, but I guess that could just be me not being very good.

vg260

Are we going to get more interactive stages? Bustling City Street is the only one, and I was looking forward to having more. It seemed like a selling point in early previews.

I don't even care about that at this point. I just want everything running at full frame rate so it doesn't look like crap. Only after that should they consider any more stage fluff.

Are we going to get more interactive stages? Bustling City Street is the only one, and I was looking forward to having more. It seemed like a selling point in early previews.

They are changing their tactics and gonna charge you FM for the interactions in the stages. deKappa

Shauni

Is anyone else kind of at a point where they are just really disappointed with the progress they've made in the game? I don't know, I don't know if I'd say I'd played the game super hard, but I've played it for about 1-2 hours a day ever since launch (give or take a day or so here and there). Just feels like I should be much better than I currently am

FluxWaveZ

I'll look through the thread either later tonight or tomorrow then and shove them in the op with a nice graphic. :)

I guess I'll just add my name just for the sake of being active in this thread:

Mika mains:
FluxWaveZ - Platinum - CAN

Is anyone else kind of at a point where they are just really disappointed with the progress they've made in the game? I don't know, I don't know if I'd say I'd played the game super hard, but I've played it for about 1-2 hours a day ever since launch (give or take a day or so here and there). Just feels like I should be much better than I currently am

My improvement is generally proportional to the amount of actual matches I play, but it might be that it's not the case for others. If you feel that way, maybe try varying your approach to training. Lean towards watching more higher level play of your character, or practicing specific situations in Training mode.

Though, sometimes you'll just hit a wall, and it'll just take time to break through it no matter what you do. Asking for tips, posting videos and asking for advice and such can help a great deal.

Train smart, not hard.

What part of your gameplan is a problem?

Onemic

What rank are you?

That reminds me, I have to train up with this game as soon as I finish DS3. I havent played since a week after release lol.

I'm the same. I'll probably do with Guile what I did with Alex and check all his win/loss quotes just to get something story wise out of them haha

They did a good job of setting him up to be a newbie. Hopefully some of the DLC characters get a little plot action.

LakeEarth

I'm the same. I'll probably do with Guile what I did with Alex and check all his win/loss quotes just to get something story wise out of them haha

I could've saved you time with the Alex one. With a few exceptions, most of them are "Oh my god, I know I just beat you but you were amazing!"

I appreciate Alex's win quote against Rashid, because it literally describes Rashid's problem with damage output. "You could've hit me a thousand times and I still would've beat you".

BadWolf

What rank are you?

That reminds me, I have to train up with this game as soon as I finish DS3. I havent played since a week after release lol.

Ditto, haven't touched SF since starting DS3 last week.

Kinda hope Guile isn't released before I finish the game -_-

Renekton

Ditto, haven't touched SF since starting DS3 last week.

Kinda hope Guile isn't released before I finish the game -_-
I'm waiting for one more patch before going deep into DS3.

Maybe DS3 can re-teach me about patient defense with less mashing.

I'm not sure exactly. I mostly just play. I do watch high level replays, but I have slacked on that lately.

I think that is your problem. You need to work out a game plan and use training mode more. Try to look at what you are losing to and figure out how to beat it in training mode.

Maybe upload a couple of replays where you lose to YT and share them here? You can absolutely get better but it takes more than just playing.

Zackat

I'm waiting for one more patch before going deep into DS3.

Maybe DS3 can re-teach me about patient defense with less mashing.

With how abilities queue up for some weapons in that game you will. Can't mash R1 on everything, enemies sometimes just decide to not get hit-stunned anymore. Especially the humanoid bosses.

Fantastic game.

With how abilities queue up for some weapons in that game you will. Can't mash R1 on everything, enemies sometimes just decide to not get hit-stunned anymore. Especially the humanoid bosses.

Fantastic game.

You learn how many strikes it takes to kill an enemy and train yourself not to press the button any more than required.

Certain enemy abilities are stun-proof.

Edzi

EdziPS (EdziPC on PC) - Gold - US, West coast - Necalli

Finally starting to get back into sfv after a week of nothing but DS3.

Shauni

Do you watch your own replays?

I didn't even know you could? Do you have upload them first, I've never done that before.

I think that is your problem. You need to work out a game plan and use training mode more. Try to look at what you are losing to and figure out how to beat it in training mode.

Maybe upload a couple of replays where you lose to YT and share them here? You can absolutely get better but it takes more than just playing.

You're right, I really don't utilize training as much as I should. I do use it some, but mainly for practicing combos and throws (I can't do Mika's command throws very well, so I've been practicing the hell out of those lately bleh). I've never uploaded stuff before, is it easy to do?

You're right, I really don't utilize training as much as I should. I do use it some, but mainly for practicing combos and throws (I can't do Mika's command throws very well, so I've been practicing the hell out of those lately bleh). I've never uploaded stuff before, is it easy to do?

If you're on PS4 then you can use the PS4's share functionality to record replays from your CFN profile and then I believe you can upload them to YouTube from that (I've never used it so I'm not sure). You should definitely be using training mode more and for far more than combos, it is a fantastic tool. I'd recommend uploading a couple of replays to YT and then sharing them here for some advice. I will try to help if I'm around.

Steroyd

Only proportional to the opponents I face, I've got anyone who uses a DP on lockdown now, but I've been fighting so many Ken's and Ryu's that when a Laura or Chun Li pops up I'm a deer in headlights, Laura is manageable, I can at least visualise what needs to be done but with Chun Li it's a goddamn brick wall atm.

Pompadour

It's very irritating that the lack of stage interactivity in the non-China stages was never asked about during the SFV press tour. Now that Capcom is mostly radio silent I doubt we'll be afforded the opportunity to ask them now unless they showcase SFV at E3.

I don't have high hopes. The Guile stage looks great but is clearly the most barebones in the game. That should be an indication of where Capcom's post-launch priorities lie. Plus, it seems to be the trend in long time supported games to be the focus on *new* content instead of just fixing old things. It's a shame because many of the stages were clearly designed to expand (London bathroom, waterfall cave, etc.)

Shauni

It's in your fighter profile (hit the square button in the main menu to access it). You can find your most recent matches in one of the tabs and watch them there.

I had no idea you could watch replays there. That will be helpful.

If you're on PS4 then you can use the PS4's share functionality to record replays from your CFN profile and then I believe you can upload them to YouTube from that (I've never used it so I'm not sure). You should definitely be using training mode more and for far more than combos, it is a fantastic tool. I'd recommend uploading a couple of replays to YT and then sharing them here for some advice. I will try to help if I'm around.

I just finished playing for today, but tomorrow I'll keep this in mind and do some uploads of problem matches I have throughout the day. I think feedback will be really helpful.

Fighting games make me realize how shitty my short term memory is.

I literally cannot recall what happens in Round 1 if we end up going to Round 3.

kirblar

French Tier list miiiiight have a time bias issue-

CgeyC_JWwAA6B08.jpg

Implication is that the "best" ones might be "best" because they're the ones people have been playing the longest.

KingBroly

Banned
French Tier list miiiiight have a time bias issue-

CgeyC_JWwAA6B08.jpg

Implication is that the "best" ones might be "best" because they're the ones people have been playing the longest.

That's certainly an interesting chart, but...

I still think Cammy is lower than people think she is. I also think Laura is higher.

Xeteh

Wait, the OP lost me. Alex is free and Guile will be too until a certain point? I'm confused.

Since Capcom is the only company that can't figure out how to implement a microtransactions store in 2016 they will have free trials for all the DLC characters until the zenny shop releases. Sounds like Guile will be out before that happens.

ElFly

I assumed the delay on the store was due to the server problems where people would load someone else's profiles (and thus zenny).

But that was solved and they are still struggling.

I-hate-u

Too many Rashid(s) on the lower end of tier lists. What do y'all think he needs to be better?

Personally, I think he just needs to deal a bit more damage, but I think his air eagle kicks and air v-skill need a bit more work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom