• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

banners8shs.jpg

00-news7uslb.png

00-updatesous9n.png

The most recent bugfix: July 13th
CAMMY
Fix: Cammy's Fatal Leg Twister, a throw attack that is not meant to throw opponents in a crouching state, is no longer able to throw an opponent who is inputting a crouch while coming out of a damage motion/animation.

NASH
Fix: Set the collision box of the Sonic Boom motion to reach Nash's feet, so that the opponent character cannot pass through him.
Fix: Adjusted Nash's collision box when in a stunned state so that its position matches Nash's appearance on screen.
Fix: Corrected this issue so that when Nash's V-Trigger is activated at the same time as the opponent's V-Reversal the camera no longer moves incorrectly.

F.A.N.G
Fix: Adjusted M. and H. Ryobenda so that the collision box is consistent throughout the entire motion of the move.

RASHID
Fix: Flap Spin, V. Spinning Mixer, and Dash Spinning Mixer, are now able to force the opponent to empty guard.
Fix: EX Eagle Spike from Front Flip will come out even if there is a one frame gap between the kick buttons that are pressed simultaneously.
Fix: Increased the size of V Eagle Spike's collision box so that Rashid doesn't pass through the opponent.
Fix: Adjusted Assault Beak so that when it hits as a counter, the distance created between Rashid and the opponent is the same as when Assault Beak hits are a normal hit.
Fix: Initial jump frames can now be canceled into Altair.

BIRDIE
Fix: There is now a throw box throughout the entire motion of Bull Slider.

ALEX
Fix: When J. LP or J. LK is guarded by the opponent, Overhaul's effect is negated.

KEN
Fix: V. L. Shoryuken landing animation after being whiffed or guarded is no longer cancelable into M. Shoryuken, H. Shoryuken, or EX Shoryuken.
Fix: Made it difficult for Ken to gain the upper hand when the first part of an H. Shoryuken trades with an opponent's attack.

RYU
Fix: Adjusted Jodan Sanrengeki so that when it hits an opponent transferring into a couching state, the opponents hit animation behaves normally.
Fix: Corrected this so that during V-Trigger, the second half of a successfully performed Mind's Eye can be canceled into another Mind's Eye.

M. BISON
Fix: The hit box of the second stomp in EX Head Press (including while V-Trigger is activated) has been expanded, making it easier for it to hit.
Fix: Lowered the amount of meter gained by the side taking damage from being hit or guarding Psycho Inferno.

DHALSIM
Fix: Lowered the empty guard box on Yoga Gale, making it easier to force opponents to guard.

GUILE
Fix: Because this was an unintended circumstance, Sonic Hurricane has been adjusted so that in cases when it hits and only on hit, Guile will be able to move before his opponent.

VEGA
Fix: This has been corrected so that when the V-Tigger (Bloody Kiss - Rojo) is used without the claw on during wake-up or after guarding it can be used as a reversal.

CHUN-LI
Fix: Widened the hit box of Yosokyaku towards Chun-Li's backside very slightly so that when the move hits or misses is consistent regardless of which side Chun-Li is on.

VEGA
Fix: This has been corrected so that when pressing down (any crouch input)+LP+LK during reversal timing with Vega (w/ claw) will result in a normal throw when Vega becomes movable.

IBUKI
Fix: Added a hurtbox to Ibuki during her landing frames after an activated Tobizaru.
Fix: Corrected this so that even when holding down HP, Tenrai can be used without being charged.
The most recent content patch: July 1st
This update includes a ton of new content, including the highly-anticipated cinematic story mode titled “A Shadow Falls” as well as the next two characters to join the roster: Ibuki and Balrog. The story mode is available to all players as a free downloadable content, which must be "purchased" from Steam or PSN to download (no charge). All released post-launch characters can be purchased using in-game earned Fight Money or real currency.
01-info7usoy.png

NEW AND RETURNING CHARACTERS
Birdie and Charlie Nash make their long-awaited return to the Street Fighter universe, where they join newcomer Necalli and classic characters like Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Vega and M. Bison. Many more new and returning characters will be added to the diverse roster, offering a wide variety of fighting styles for players to choose from.
NEW STRATEGIES AND BATTLE MECHANICS
Highly accessible new battle mechanics, which revolve around the V-Gauge and EX Gauge, provide an unprecedented layer of strategy and depth to the franchise that all players can enjoy.
V-Trigger: Unique abilities that use the entire V-Gauge, giving players the opportunity to inflict damage when activated.
V-Skill: Utility skills (such as evasion) for each character that can be activated at any time.
V-Reversal: Unique counterattacks that use one stock of the V-Gauge.
Critical Arts: Ultimate attacks that use the entire EX Gauge.
PS4 AND PC CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY
For the first time in franchise history, the online community will be unified into a single player pool, allowing for even more rivalries to be born.
NEXT GEN VISUALS
Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the realism and next-gen visuals to new heights, making this latest entry the best looking and most immersive Street Fighter game of all time.
02-editions5uswx.png

PlayStation 4 Physical Standard Edition - £44.49/$59.99/59,98€
PlayStation 4 Digital Standard Edition - £44.49/$59.99/59,98€
PlayStation 4 Deluxe Edition (includes 2016 Season Pass) - £69.98/$89.99/89,98€
PlayStation 4 2016 Season Pass - £24.99/$29.99/29.99€
Steam Standard Edition - £44.49/$59.99/59,98€
Steam Deluxe Edition (includes 2016 Season Pass) - £69.98/$89.99/89,98€
Steam 2016 Season Pass - £24.99/$29.99/29.99€
03-sticksd2sl4.png

*All PS3 sticks are compatible with PS4 - but a DualShock 4 is required to connect them*
te2pluszrs99.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2+ for PS4 & PS3 - $229.99
  • Extremely Accurate and Durable Sanwa Denshi Parts
  • 8-Button, Vewlix-Style Arcade Layout
  • Chassis Hinges Open for Easy Modding
  • Ball-Top Lever Operates as Left or Right Analog Stick
  • L3 and R3 Buttons for Extra In-Game Control
  • Total Control in Touchpad-Compatible PS4 Games
  • For PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 Systems
te2nksrq.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 Chun-Li for PS4 & PS3 - $229.99
  • Chassis Hinges Open for Easy Modding
tesaoscb.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S+ for PS4 & PS3 - $199.99
  • L3 and R3 Buttons for Extra In-Game Control
fightstick-alphaahs9z.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Alpha for PS4 & PS3 - $79.99
  • Compact Design is Small in Size but Big on Features
  • Properly Scaled 6-Button Layout Simulates True Arcade Conditions
  • Ball-Top Lever Functions as Left or Right Analog Stick or D-Pad to Play Games from other Genres
  • Extensive 9.8ft (3m) USB Cable Minimizes Latency
04-padsc7s6e.png

fightpadzrsrd.png
Street Fighter V Arcade FightStick Alpha for PS4 & PS3 - $47.99
  • 6-Button Arcade Layout and Iconic Vewlix-Style Design
  • Fighting-Style D-Pad for Precision Character Movement and Combos
  • Multi-Use Stick Functions as Left or Right Analog Stick
  • Utility Switch Rearranges Operation of Triggers and Shoulder Buttons
05-vsystemsestp.png

v-guagegfs8s.png

This is the V-Gauge; it's found in the bottom corner of your characters' side of the screen. V-Gauges can contain either two or three bars, depending on the characters. Your V-Gauge fills up mostly by taking damage, and bars are required to use a V-Reversal move (one bar) or V-Trigger (all bars). V-Skill does not require any bars.
v-skillv5s80.png

V-Skills are unique to each character and can be used at any time, with no effect on V-Gauge. Activated by pressing mP + mK at the same time.
v-reversals3s4y.png

When one or more of your V-Gauge bars is filled, you can use a V-Reversal. V-Reversals are counter attacks to break out of your opponent's pressure, and costs 1 bar of your V-Gauge. Activated during guard by pressing forward + lPmPhP or lKmKhK at the same time.
v-triggerjrs3b.png

When your V-Gauge is complete full, you can use your V-Trigger. V-Triggers are character specific; some drain the V-Gauge slowly, while others deplete it as soon as the move is used. Activated by pressing hP + hK at the same time.
06-characterskhsth.png

CHARACTERS - will be updated soon, need to get new pics and stats for DLC characters
07-dlc70soe.png

DLC - pictures will be added soon, as well as Fight Money + Real Money prices
08-screensaushg.png

09-upcoming7use6.png

This section will feature datamined content, which is not currently available for purchase with either Fight Money or Real Money, but will probably be available in the next content update.
010-faqnrsgn.png

Q: Who are the remaining DLC characters?
A: While they are all technically playable in the game now, either in Story Mode or via mods on PC, the characters that are yet to be officially released are Juri and Urien. Presumably one of them will arrive in August, with the other in September.
Q: What happened to Zenny?
A: Cancelled. Paid DLC is now bought via the PlayStation and Steam stores respectively.
Q: How can I get Fight Money?
A: Fight Money is only available if you are connected to the server; if you are playing Street Fighter V in offline mode, you will not earn any Fight Money, even when you log back in. You can earn Fight Money through the following activities:
  • General Story
  • Character Story
  • Trials
  • Ranked Match
  • Casual Match
  • Survival (don't do this to yourself, please)
Fight Money cannot be earned in Battle Lounges.
Q: Why can't I chip people out?
A: Chip damage can only KO an opponent if it is chip damage from a Critical Art.
Q: What is the priority system?
A: Supers > Specials = Heavy > Medium > Light.
Q: Can you crouch-tech throws?
A: No, to tech a throw you must be standing up.

With a new OT we can start fresh. Today I managed to hit 3K LP and enter super silver league after abandoning ranked for months. The highlights must have been crapping on a 5 win streak DP spamming Ken and destroying the inevitable Rashid that stood in the way of reaching 3K LP. It's always fucking Rashid when I'm about to level up and their DPs are even more predictable than Ken's which is sad.. Also, I made a Balrog quit. How do you quit on Karin? She is about the least BS an A tier character can be.

I'll say this: Story Mode made me despise FANG and Rashid as characters.

I played in Japanese. I shudder to think what the dub sounded like.

The English voices for almost all the cast are actually pretty good. Bison, Cammy and Birdie's in particular are godly.

Ibuki's English voice is absolute shit and Laura is just bad on both JP and Eng.

All the grappling characters are going to need buffs in some shape or form and Chun Li is just ridiculous. I hate having to fighter her, Ken or Ryu.

There's only the one grappler who genuinely needs buffs, and he's at the tippy top of the first page of this thread.

HotHamBoy

The English voices for almost all the cast are actually pretty good. Bison, Cammy and Birdie's in particular are godly.

Ibuki's English voice is absolute shit and Laura is just bad on both JP and Eng.

Laura's JP voice isn't great but it's far better than her Eng voice. I do happen to have Cammy and Birdie in English for normal play. Balrog and Guile, too.

With a new OT we can start fresh. Today I managed to hit 3K LP and enter super silver league after abandoning ranked for months. The highlights must have been crapping on a 5 win streak DP spamming Ken and destroying the inevitable Rashid that stood in the way of reaching 3K LP. It's always fucking Rashid when I'm about to level up and their DPs are even more predictable than Ken's which is sad.. Also, I made a Balrog quit. How do you quit on Karin? She is about the least BS an A tier character can be.

As a Karin player, she is plenty BS.

Neoxon

I mean, Bison's English VA is on-point, but his Japanese voice is too godlike. But yeah, the only real stinker as far as English VAs go would sadly have to be Ibuki. Laura perhaps, but both of her VAs are annoying, & English is honestly the lesser of two evils.

I mean, Bison's English VA is on-point, but his Japanese voice is too godlike. But yeah, the only real stinker as far as English VAs go would sadly have to be Ibuki. Laura perhaps, but both of her VAs are annoying, & English is honestly the lesser of two evils.

I almost always prefer playing with English voices whenever I have the option but I just switched Ibuki to JP like 5 minutes after using her. It was so incredibly annoying.

I do kinda want to hear that JP Bison sometimes too, but the Bison's I face are usually too busy getting their butt whooped for it to really matter since it's all the same grunts and screams.

Not saying that I'm amazing, it's just that I find Bison a really easy character to beat.

Zerojul

Subscribed to that sweet, sweet OT. Thanks a bunch for your awesome work Garett.

Is this the thread we post in while waiting for KOF XIV?

Yes !

Woo hoo, a new OT and with it, a fresh start for the complaining!!

Yes ! What happens if I lose in a Guile mirror though ? Should he be buffed and nerfed at the same time ?

In this thread, we will be talking about how Sakura is OP.

#believe

Not before we talk about how Sagat's V-Skil is useless and Sodom's redesign is awesome.

#believeevenmore

Buff Gief. And I don't even play the guy.

Agreed.

Hyun Sai

Sure, are there any HORI sticks I should add?

Delete your acc please

Thanks for including the Hori pads and sticks. I suggested this long ago in the first OTs, but they never did it for obscure reasons, so I thought these threads were sponsorised by Madcatz lol.

Bigg_Oggy

Thanks for including the Hori pads and sticks. I suggested this long ago in the first OTs, but they never did it for obscure reasons, so I thought these threads were sponsorised by Madcatz lol.

I assume the Mad Catz sticks/pads are in the OT because they released about the same time the game did.

There are so many sticks/pads out there that adding more might clutter it up.

Also, this OT is awesome. Well done Hawke.

MadGear

For fellow keyboard players using AutoHotKey. If you are also having issues with keys getting stuck you might want to change the way you remap keys in your script.

Instead of remapping your keys with the shortened version
Code:
*a::b
use a more explicit one instead
Code:
*a::Send {b DownTemp} 
*a up::Send {b up}
Translated by AHK there is a small difference between the two but that small difference resulted in 2 hours of gameplay without a single stuck button. I either got extremely lucky or, hopefully, this is a solution to my ongoing problem with AHK and SFV.

Usually I would get quite a few matches with stuck keys, resulting in dropped combos, involuntary jumping like an idiot or running into my opponent when I actually want to block (since forward overrides back). This might be my fault however because it seems that this is related to me accidentally hitting the Shift key when playing (my finger always rests on Shift due to shooter habits). Either way, I just wish Capcom would finally update the PC build with both DirectInput and proper Keyboard support already. I just don't get whats taking them so long.

Top Bottom