• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Tempted to get the season pass, already in on Akuma as my obligatory shoto of the game, and I reeeeeaaaaaallly want the first silhouette to be Kolin, it's hard to see that silhouette as not Kolin.

Blueblur1

Not touching the second season pass until all of the characters are out and proven to be good. I find most of their newcomers to be awful so I'm saving my money.

Historically, how good is the community at predicting the impact of balance changes? Is this something where it's wise to wait a little while to see how it shakes out in practice, or are the initial estimates (e.g., "[character X] now top tier") usually pretty good?

Historically, how good is the community at predicting the impact of balance changes? Is this something where it's wise to wait a little while to see how it shakes out in practice, or are the initial estimates (e.g., "[character X] now top tier") usually pretty good?

Fucking awful.

Edzi

Lol, the community is garbage at predictions. Just gotta wait and see how it plays out.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Awful and top players are not worth listening to, either.

Moaradin

Remember when people thought Dhalsim was the best character in the game and the changes to Ken from the beta to release made him a bad character?

Absolute shit.

JayEH

Ahhh beta and week 1 tier discussions were good times. Bison, dhalsim, and Laura were top tier while Ryu, Ken, Chun, Mika, and Nash were trash.

SephLuis

Everything we say turns out to be completely wrong. Expect mika to be beyond god tier level in S2.

Mika has definitely gotten nerfed sure but she's still a vortex character than can kill you in 10 seconds if she successfully gets you to the corner.

Irish whip still gets you a bounce if you actually hit the corner, and even if it doesn't then a double dash forward still gets you oki.

She still has her brimstone loops, she still has her 3-frame jabs, she still has NADESHIKO, She still has her amazing f+hp.

They simply nerfed her ability to suck you into a vortex from just one successful hit even if it's mid-stage.
Omg please don't touch Dhalsim. Did anything happen to Sim?

BRO. FCHAMP IS SAYING HE's GONNA BE GOOD NOW.

Crouching Medium Punch has better horizontal hitbox can hit chars further away.

- Stand Heavy Punch is now a crush counter, beware fireball throwers.

- Hitstun on limbs is now plus on hit, so it means you will have to respect his far limbs a lot more.

- Previously, Dhalsim's far reaching limbs were minus or 0 on hit, so you didn't have to respect him after being hit, now it's different.

- Yoga Anvil (Back + Heavy Punch) reduced in startup from 12 frames to 10. No more brainless jumping in.

- Back + Medium Punch went from 8 frame startup to 6 frames now.

- Hearing V-Skill has much faster startup, and float jab has more hit and blockstun so you can't just hit him out of it.

- Standing Light Kick went from 5 frames to 4 frame startup. Dhalsim can punish easier now with it.

- Standing Heavy Punch feels way faster!

- Slide Trigger buffed, flame doesnt go away anymore.

- Some of his far reaching limbs can be cancelled into super. Far range st.HP crush counter xx Super is a combo.

- Air Heavy Punch is slower.

- Down-Back + Medium kick is a real low which is ideal for midrange foosties.

- People overall seem pretty hyped about how good Dhalsim can be in this version right now.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So new Akuma is a re-skin of this dude? Dat Red Earth homage.

latest

myco666

This is probably the best thing I've read today.

How's the theme? Or do you not get that until the 20th.

Ehh fine I guess. The top bar thing has image of Ryu from the cover and and dashboard wallpaper is picture of Akuma from behind and it has very muted colors to the point of being black and white with the Kanji being red. Chunli theme from first season pass is way better IMO.

They gave balrog a DP , what the actual fuck?

They turned his screw upper into a DP motion instead of the d+u charge move. Remains to be seen what the properties of the move actually are, if they've even been changed.
I want Sim to be good, but not "now everyone uses him" good if that makes any sense :p
Oh don't you worry, Sim's never gonna become popular. He's now just legitimately good at zoning even against patient characters. And his anti air game got buffed to compensate for the jab AA not being as good.

His defense is still poo poo and he's still susceptible to the same things he was before.

Pompadour

The worst part of 2017 having 5 "brand new" characters is that the obvious picks like Sagat and Sakura get pushed back to 2018 so I'll have to hold out hope that 2019 has someone I want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom