• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Csr

what? People yell at video games all the time, people yell at talk to and with video games even more when people are with them. Whether it stream form or in real life, its a communal experience. Further more, that's an odd statement to make, when there is documented video of people in the FGC yelling at various fighting games and saying silly and dumb shit or just screaming at exciting shit .

" EY EY EY EY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY"

I agree with most of the stuff you said about maximilian but a lot of those reactions, silly voices, yelling etc seem forced and fake (even if they were sincere they still would put me off tbh) to me just like in a lot of other youtubers. Maybe i am wrong but i can't stand watching that stuff personally.

Mike ross does yell and fake rage a lot but for some reason it doesn't put me off, it is fake but not forced maybe i don't know.

MCD250

You ever fight somebody who seems kinda terrible (no good at anti-airing, doing tons of unsafe things, pressing weird buttons at weird times, etc.) yet seems to have an almost impeccable tech game? It's kinda weird. Like why are you so good at that and nothing else?

FluxWaveZ

You ever fight somebody who seems kinda terrible (no good at anti-airing, doing tons of unsafe things, pressing weird buttons at weird times, etc.) yet seems to have an almost impeccable tech game? It's kinda weird. Like why are you so good at that and nothing else?

Teching is extremely easy. I've been making my way from Bronze to Ultra Gold since yesterday after starting a new account, and newbie players will tech relentlessly with a 100% rate whenever you're close to them. It's just because the window to tech is wide enough that, in the usual situations where you'd go for one, they'll either delay it for long enough that they'd block an attack, they'll tech your throw, or they'll throw you if you didn't do anything for too long.

It's why shimmies are extremely effective against these types of players. Just do it once or twice, and the avenue to throwing opens up.

Max is cool...you guys must have not been in the beta or something. You could combo into sweep with Ryu I think. Ken's step kick was super fast and you could cancel his run almost instantly. Characters were very very broken (or were they?) but really fun. Max was super excited about it at reveal, super hyped, and it genuinely died down. He might go overboard and just look for reasons to crap on it, but he's a YouTube celeb...it's his opinion.

Capcom messed it up for casuals, period...

SFV looks great, but it does resemble a more detailed "how it should have looked" SF4. Maybe something like an oil painted SF3 looked would have been more striking.

Love the game, but there's not denying Capcom took a big step back with S2. It's kinda trash imo, and even pros like infiltration have alreasy mentioned it. The fact that S2.5 is so soon and reversing a lot of stuff is evidence of that. I think it will bounce back, more modes, characters, stages, fun characters helps everything.

Edzi

Max is cool...you guys must have not been in the beta or something. You could combo into sweep with Ryu I think. Ken's step kick was super fast and you could cancel his run almost instantly. Characters were very very broken (or were they?) but really fun. Max was super excited about it at reveal, super hyped, and it genuinely died down. He might go overboard and just look for reasons to crap on it, but he's a YouTube celeb...it's his opinion.

Capcom messed it up for casuals, period...

SFV looks great, but it does resemble a more detailed "how it should have looked" SF4. Maybe something like an oil painted SF3 looked would have been more striking.

Love the game, but there's not denying Capcom took a big step back with S2. It's kinda trash imo, and even pros like infiltration have alreasy mentioned it. The fact that S2.5 is so soon and reversing a lot of stuff is evidence of that. I think it will bounce back, more modes, characters, stages, fun characters helps everything.

You're confusing complaints with Max with complaints about the game. Nobody in this thread denies everything wrong about the game, and some of us (myself included) bitch about it incessantly.

He might go overboard and just look for reasons to crap on it, but he's a YouTube celeb...it's his opinion.

That's kind of the issue.

Man that reminds me just how much I enjoyed the first beta. Everybody was really good and cheap. Why couldn't the game have been like that instead? Well except Karin can't have special cancelable st. MK, that was really fucking cheap lol.

mbpm1

Y'all need to do what Daigo does and just practice shit during matches instead of playing normally. I'll whiff discs to test how people will react to them. It helps me learn the spacing and I get to have fun messing around. And it makes it less stressful.

It's made playing fighting games in general more fun.
That's what I've started doing.

Yesterday I decided I wouldn't tech or wakeup buttons the entire match. Also I didn't move much at all. The result was like 50 seconds of waiting while the opponent threw me multiple times in a row, then continuously hit buttons on me expecting a tech or escape attempt, and eventually ended with a time out. Then the matches after that I just played normally and he couldn't adapt to my suddenly playing like a normal player.

Feels dumb to make the focus of playing...not playing though. it's like if I was rog and the only option for fun was to go for dumb online TAP shenanigans every match.

probably just cause for another break, I really need to finish Mass Effect already.

All that busted shit is cute for a minute, but I remember people having concerns about how broken the game would be upon release from the betas. If the community can't even deal with moves that cost meter to be goofy with, how well do you think they'll take to a whole game of goofy ass shit?

And no, Marvel isn't a good example because Marvel is Marvel. People don't want Marvel shit in SF because at that point they'd rather just play Marvel.

Not that the beta didn't have some fun things that could have been left in and toned down though. But people were dying to give Capcom feedback to make the game fair.

That's what I've started doing.

Yesterday I decided I wouldn't tech or wakeup buttons the entire match. Also I didn't move much at all. The result was like 50 seconds of waiting while the opponent threw me multiple times in a row, kept expecting a tech or escape attempt, and eventually ended with a time out. Then the matches after that I just played normally and he couldn't adapt to my suddenly playing like a normal player.

Feels dumb to make the focus of playing...not playing though.

This is the kind of dirty play people should be doing. Just fucking with people. I'll gauge people's frustrations as Bison and try to land as many crush counter knees as I can throughout the match just to make them mad. If I feel them start to break down, I rush them. Just figuring out what makes people tick is half the fun of fighting games.
Feels dumb to make the focus of playing...not playing though. it's like if I was rog and the only option for fun was to go for dumb online TAP shenanigans every match.

probably just cause for another break, I really need to finish Mass Effect already.

That's dependent on how you perceive your fun. For me, when I do this shit, I'm actively doing it to learn. Most of the time, anyway.

Even though Necalli is boring as fuck, if I'm boxing people in with ground pounds all day, I'm not doing it just for the fun of it. I'm practicing my spacing, my timing, and reactions to it during a match. I'm also seeing how much I can get away with it when I focus on doing just that in order to get more v-trigger, because personally my goal is to get to his super mode ASAP these days. Sometimes, I'll learn what I can do after a ground pound, or use it in different ways. If I do it enough and hit down, some people will neutral jump, allowing me to disc them or at least get closer. Other times, they are just near the right spot in order for me to DP them. It's also helped me use them closer, because sometimes I'll train myself to use them so sparingly throughout a match that I can catch people sleeping with them and get free gauge.

These are things you could probably read about, or do in training mode (some of them, at least), but it's more fun and enjoyable to practice that shit during a match. Sometimes I'll play it straight and go back to doing things normally with a slight addition to my gameplan, but it's helping me evolve a lot faster. Same thing with spacing of normals during a match, and whatever.

Everyone's so wrapped up in winning a match that they sometimes forget the fun of learning during one. It's all about the journey.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone playing?

GGs. Man, I wasn't happy with the way I played there: I kept letting you get away with jump-ins (that I saw coming, but my DP motion wasn't coming out) and I did some insane drops. I'll chalk it up to being tired and still being too unfamiliar with Necalli execution.

Was doing better at footsies when I started incorporating st.HP buffered into medium Disc's Guidance.

I think I should actually be using V-Skill more than I do, but more properly. Have to use it more to bait the opponent to come to me, either through the air or the ground, and respond accordingly.

Producer

GGs. Man, I wasn't happy with the way I played there: I kept letting you get away with jump-ins (that I saw coming, but my DP motion wasn't coming out) and I did some insane drops. I'll chalk it up to being tired and still being too unfamiliar with Necalli execution.

Was doing better at footsies when I started incorporating st.HP buffered into medium Disc's Guidance.

I think I should actually be using V-Skill more than I do, but more properly. Have to use it more to bait the opponent to come to me, either through the air or the ground, and respond accordingly.

GGs. I actually thought you were using the vskill well, i was getting hit by it alot. One thing you should probably do more is his dive kick. It really blows up all of chuns anti air options.

FluxWaveZ

GGs. I actually thought you were using the vskill well, i was getting hit by it alot. One thing you should probably do more is his dive kick. It really blows up all of chuns anti air options.

You sure it's that effective? I thought to try it out, and I tried it a couple of times, but you still managed to AA it with b.HK/st.LK. Maybe the times I tried it were just poor. I did survive an EX SBK one time I did it, though. And I did actually land it once.

I did think I was using the V-Skill better as the set went on. I stopped trying to mainly use it to hit you and build meter, and started to use it more for area control, where you'd approach st.HP/st.HK range. Have to improve using it like that.

AA and defense was my main problem here, I'll focus on that. I also need to just pop V-Trigger once I get it instead of trying to be greedy and always look to extend a combo. His evolved form is too good.

Playing a character who is largely powerful feels nice. I only started playing Necalli about a week ago, and I've taken to him quite nicely. Though my fundamentals help with that.

It's surprising to me how generally few Necallis there are for how strong he is. He's the least played top 5 character.

I would main Necalli if he didn't "talk beast man".

F.A.N.G was so good in the betas.
I wish I could have played the betas, but my PC kept shutting off every 15 minutes no matter what fix I tried. Even now the game gives me issues if I even attempt to run it in windowed mode.
Touché.

And I also agree with your suggestion that backdashes should not be in a counter hit state, that just feels overly punishing to me.
probably stuff like quicker white life recovery, better vreversals, maybe remove counter hit state on backdash and priority system. It kinda sounds like whining but man these systems i mention all favor offensive play lol.
Absolute truth

Counterhits just for trying to backdash is crazysauce. Crush counters are already pretty great without the needless backdash nerfing.

Producer

Still playing?

I can play in about 10 minutes. cfn is 765production

You sure it's that effective? I thought to try it out, and I tried it a couple of times, but you still managed to AA it with b.HK/st.LK. Maybe the times I tried it were just poor. I did survive an EX SBK one time I did it, though. And I did actually land it once.

I did think I was using the V-Skill better as the set went on. I stopped trying to mainly use it to hit you and build meter, and started to use it more for area control, where you'd approach st.HP/st.HK range. Have to improve using it like that.

AA and defense was my main problem here, I'll focus on that. I also need to just pop V-Trigger once I get it instead of trying to be greedy and always look to extend a combo. His evolved form is too good.

Yeah well i at least struggle with that with other necalli's. It seemspretty good and safe to throw out once in a while. But yeah necalli is one of those chars that its ok to just pop raw vtrigger. Its too good

jett

D-Member
Oh my lord. Maximilian just said on a recent video of that "SFV looks so similar to SFIV...just a bit less interesting". I don't mean to be rude but he seriously needs to go get his eyes tested. He goes on about how to "casuals" it might apparently look the same and that's why they probably didn't pick it up because of the same type of colour, proportions and visuals etc. *faceplam*

I know Max is a KI and Mahvel shill but when he drones about losing casuals when he was a big fan of SFIII, which failed commercially, it irks me a little due to the hypocrisy. Then to round it off, he says he won't cover any new characters unless he likes the look of them, even though a lot of misinformed people go to his channel to see the character breakdowns.

I don't want to hate on Max too much since I think he's pretty cool overall but he said some seriously suspect shit in this latest SFV video of his. He even prefers how SF4 plays. Like, his major problem with SFV is how the gameplay feels. The fuck? Then there's having Oni and Evil Ryu at the top of his "characters I wished they'd return" list.

MrCarter

I don't want to hate on Max too much since I think he's pretty cool overall but he said some seriously suspect shit in this latest SFV video of his. He even prefers how SF4 plays. Like, his major problem with SFV is how the gameplay feels. The fuck? Then there's having Oni and Evil Ryu at the top of his "characters I wished they'd return" list.

Yeah he's not a spokesperson for the SF community in any way, shape or form, at least, not as much as he thinks he is. At this point someone like BornFree or Vesper are great because they actually offer constructive criticism, have the knowledge and passion for the franchise and don't just fake it to get views.

Rymuth

Thread right now:

1MGH5a2.jpg

Pompadour

If Max had his way Season 3 would be Oni, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Belligerent Sean, Sagat with flowing blonde hair and a beard, and Q.

Skilletor

So do gootecks and Mike ross just bitch about this game on cross counter? Watched gootecks almost lose to a guile that woke up with buttons every time and then act like it was the games fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom