• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necalli's Halloween (along with his samurai) costume DLC is THE BEST in this game. They done such a good job with his werewolf attire they they almost made him look like a new character. Love how in V-Trigger his hair is werewolf-like too.

Haha yeah I loved it so much it actually made me main necalli lmao.

GGs have to go do some other stuff, next time.

Ryce

You don't need to be amazing to clear most character trials. Which ones are you having trouble with?
I haven't cleared:

Chun-Li
Nash
M. Bison
Karin
F.A.N.G.
Guile
Ibuki
Juri
Urien
Akuma

Any combo with more than six steps and/or requiring charge motions is too much for my brain to process.

I personally think Guiles trials are the most difficult. I usually play charge characters but his seem impossible.

Everybody else's are pretty easy outside of trial 10.

Just crouch jab.

As Bison it's better to just stand jab unless there's a spacing factor I'm missing.

Necalli is the same.

Also I want to emulate Eitas style. Go wild but go calculated. I just don't know how to get in all the time with Necalli because I'm too afraid of doing anything medium range.

I'm actually too afraid to most things and stay aggressive. Might take a week to just adjust this style.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I haven't cleared:

Chun-Li
Nash
M. Bison
Karin
F.A.N.G.
Guile
Ibuki
Juri
Urien
Akuma

Any combo with more than six steps and/or requiring charge motions is too much for my brain to process.
That's a lot of FM on the table. If you're serious about getting it and you don't mind spending a bit of time I'd recommend using the method where you break the longer combos into smaller chunks and practice that way. It might even take a couple of sessions to get the harder ones but it works great.

And no matter how long it takes it will still be less than the time you'd waste in survival.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Just fought my old pal Apache81, the Ken-bot. This time he had a new trick... horrible lag.

He (it?) still played the exact same bizarrely robotic sequence as last time I fought him. But he's made it to Gold and I haven't. T_T

Edzi

As Bison it's better to just stand jab unless there's a spacing factor I'm missing.

Necalli is the same.

Also I want to emulate Eitas style. Go wild but go calculated. I just don't know how to get in all the time with Necalli because I'm too afraid of doing anything medium range.

I'm actually too afraid to most things and stay aggressive. Might take a week to just adjust this style.

It was a joke.

Seems like I get to a point where I'm playing matches and having fun, only to eventually grow bored not too long after. I've never been so up and down about any SF prior to this.

I really need to find a way to reinvigorate my fun in SFV. It's becoming non-existent. Not sure why.

mbpm1

Seems like I get to a point where I'm playing matches and having fun, only to eventually grow bored not too long after. I've never been so up and down about any SF prior to this.

I really need to find a way to reinvigorate my fun in SFV. It's becoming non-existent. Not sure why.

Yeah I'm at a stage where I know what I need to play like to get better, but i find that way of playing really boring.

Mizerman

That's how I feel about SF4. If you want my advice, you should step away from SFV for the time being. No use going through something if you're no longer getting any personal enjoyment out of it.

Y'all need to do what Daigo does and just practice shit during matches instead of playing normally. I'll whiff discs to test how people will react to them. It helps me learn the spacing and I get to have fun messing around. And it makes it less stressful.

It's made playing fighting games in general more fun.

That's probably what I'm going to do until the new character/update is released. Maybe I'll feel more up to playing once that happens.

SFV probably makes people feel like playing as optimal as possible because it's so damn explosive. Fuck that. I'm gonna make it fun and make it work with my own style so long as I'm not a turtle.

Matchmaking is booty so I understand if doing that is painful due to wait times.
Also flux you play the dunk master? You gonna have to teach me your ways.

Matchmaking is one of those hit or miss things. When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's dreadful.

Thailand stage is coming this week, so I'll definitely play some matches there at least.

Edzi

GGs Flux, I'm done. lol, nothing about your gameplan with these characters is particularly new or character specific, but you outclass me when it comes to reactions to such a massive degree that I almost don't feel like it's worth playing these long sets. I feel like you've spent so much raw time with this game that you're basically Neo and can see the SFV matrix. The game must be moving in slow motion for you, since I'm fairly certain most pros don't even have the same kind of speed/awareness you do in the game.

And man oh man do you exemplify why Necalli is top tier. You abused the shit out of his DPs, command grab, and jab. Why does he have everything again?

FluxWaveZ

Flux plays Necalli now?

You seem to jump between the top tiers a lot.

GGs. Nah, if I do, it's more of an accident. I started off with Mika before she became notorious in S1 and when her tier placement was unknown. I gravitated towards Balrog when he came out, but I wasn't good enough with him, and he wasn't great either. Then I tried out Guile in S1, because I wanted to be more like NuckleDu, but I wasn't good with Guile either, and he wasn't really considered top tier at the time (well, until Capcom Cup).

Then I tried out Birdie, because he's a lot of fun. One of the most fun characters to play, I think. Then I tried out Kolin when she came out, some Nash... I tried out Laura and Ibuki for a day. Heh, I've pretty much gone through a bunch of them; it's why I don't really like using the term "I main X."

But right now, I'm gravitating towards Necalli for multiple reasons. He's the first character I'm playing for whom one of those reasons is indeed because he's top tier. The character has high damage output, good mobility, pretty much any tool you could want... I feel like I should have just been playing him from the start. Also, him having a command grab is key, coming from my time with Mika.

Edzi

GGs. Nah, if I do, it's more of an accident. I started off with Mika before she became notorious in S1 and when her tier placement was unknown. I gravitated towards Balrog when he came out, but I wasn't good enough with him, and he wasn't great either. Then I tried out Guile in S1, because I wanted to be more like NuckleDu, but I wasn't good with Guile either, and he wasn't really considered top tier at the time (well, until Capcom Cup).

Then I tried out Birdie, because he's a lot of fun. One of the most fun characters to play, I think. Then I tried out Kolin when she came out, some Nash... I tried out Laura and Ibuki for a day. Heh, I've pretty much gone through a bunch of them; it's why I don't really like using the term "I main X."

But right now, I'm gravitating towards Necalli for multiple reasons. He's the first character I'm playing for whom one of those reasons is indeed because he's top tier. The character has high damage output, good mobility, pretty much any tool you could want... I feel like I should have just been playing him from the start. Also, him having a command grab is key, coming from my time with Mika.

The command grab is the one thing I think makes him kinda broken in this game. It's too good.

^^ you guys stopped playing?

I'm still down to play, I just had to take a break from the Flux beat down.

Edzi

That first set was crazy close Producer

EDIT: lol, don't switch to Chun without telling me, I can't fight her without Alex.

EDIT2: GGs, good sets, I think I'm improving with the matchup.

Kashiwaba

I haven't cleared:

Chun-Li
Nash
M. Bison
Karin
F.A.N.G.
Guile
Ibuki
Juri
Urien
Akuma

The only trials i cleared after Rashid and Ryu.I stopped at #8 or #9 for nearly all the other characters, i get more salty when i miss the last button of​the combo than when i lose an online game. I decided trials are not good for my health and i should never touch them again

MrCarter

Oh my lord. Maximilian just said on a recent video of that "SFV looks so similar to SFIV...just a bit less interesting". I don't mean to be rude but he seriously needs to go get his eyes tested. He goes on about how to "casuals" it might apparently look the same and that's why they probably didn't pick it up because of the same type of colour, proportions and visuals etc. *faceplam*

I know Max is a KI and Mahvel shill but when he drones about losing casuals when he was a big fan of SFIII, which failed commercially, it irks me a little due to the hypocrisy. Then to round it off, he says he won't cover any new characters unless he likes the look of them, even though a lot of misinformed people go to his channel to see the character breakdowns.

Edzi

Oh my lord. Maximilian just said on a recent video of that "SFV looks so similar to SFIV...just a bit less interesting". I don't mean to be rude but he seriously needs to go get his eyes tested. He goes on about how to "casuals" it might apparently look the same and that's why they probably didn't pick it up because of the same type of colour, proportions and visuals etc. *faceplam*

I know Max is a KI and Mahvel shill but when he drones about losing casuals when he was a big fan of SFIII, which failed commercially, it irks me a little due to the hypocrisy. Then to round it off, he says he won't cover any new characters unless he likes the look of them, even though a lot of misinformed people go to his channel to see the character breakdowns.

Max has been down on sfv since the betas, and it's unfortunate he has such a massive casual audience who parrot everything he says.

MrCarter

Max has been down on sfv since the betas, and it's unfortunate he has such a massive casual audience who parrot everything he says.

That's what I don't understand. What was so good about the beta's that he didn't like in season 1 and onwards lol. He's so reactionary.

Edzi

That's what I don't understand. What was so good about the beta's that he didn't like in season 1 and onwards lol. He's so reactionary.

He used to claim it was because the game wasn't crazy enough for his liking, though now I get the impression he just parrots the established negatives that the community complains about because it's probably what his casual audience wants.

It's fine that he doesn't like the game, but the way he spins that into making content rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom