• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has 950 health once he's first introduced. In the next balance patch, he'll suffer H-E-A-V-Y nerfs. Those nerfs are:

Health lowered by 25

LakeEarth

C-ey-HrUwAASc03.jpg:large

I doubt I'll ever have the patience to do this again.

Congrats, you crazy SOB. Just doing Hard with Urien was painful (and was even more painful when it didn't reward me the fight money).

I really should've done extreme survival during season 1, before the SRK nerf. It's the only thing keeping me from the platinum now. There's the Urien knee dive trick, but it's not fool proof.

Kashiwaba

Congrats, you crazy SOB. Just doing Hard with Urien was painful (and was even more painful when it didn't reward me the fight money).

I really should've done extreme survival during season 1, before the SRK nerf. It's the only thing keeping me from the platinum now. There's the Urien knee dive trick, but it's not fool proof.
I did it with Rashid spamming eagle kick :p

Thank you. It was really tough at certain points. The AI was reading my inputs perfectly and had me close to losing.

Holy shit! You completed Hard and didn't get anything??? How did that happen?

Thank you. It was really tough at certain points. The AI was reading my inputs perfectly and had me close to losing.

Holy shit! You completed Hard and didn't get anything??? How did that happen?

If the results don't get sent to the server successfully at the end then it doesn't get processed. Could be a fault at either end but more often than not, it's the servers.

It's kinda how some bots were able to play games and maintain ungodly win streaks despite actually losing matches. They just don't send the required packets to update the server status.

If the results don't get sent to the server successfully at the end then it doesn't get processed. Could be a fault at either end but more often than not, it's the servers.

It's kinda how some bots were able to play games and maintain ungodly win streaks despite actually losing matches. They just don't send the required packets to update the server status.

Okay, that makes sense.

I'd be super pissed if the server cockblocked me in that way.

If you want to actually for real cheat

If you are on pC you can use a trainer.

Issue is, you can't use the trainer function to give you one hit kills. Because Capcom tracks that. So you just have to give yourself infinite health and... actually play through that hell. I remember people on the reddit getting pissed about that when they started banning folks for the one hit kill thing. I don't know if there any updates on trainers

There was someone in reddit who made a script for a macro that have you block for 15 seconds and then OHK. I can't find the post because they closed the the mod section

myco666

I did beat Hard with Rashid with that trick. Problem is Ryu though, eagle kick spam doesn't work because he's constantly spamming fireballs. And he's battle #100, which makes me fear a loss right at the end.

Just do the pause spam against Ryu. Then you can punish all fireballs like the CPU can.

And that's not counting the animation for winning that you gotta sit through 99 times, the menu in-between, and the loading screens.

Ahhh fun times.

Yup. It takes so long.

Neoxon

Has Capcom shown any character trailer during premier event? I feel like they did but really don't remember.
I think it was during CEO 2016, where they dropped the Balrog trailer alongside the teases for Juri & Urien.

There was Ibuki as well, but I forgot which event she was shown off at.

Bob White

Soooo there's this Mika player in Ultra plat that's been fucking people up named PedroV. I play him every morning (derp match making!) and have been watching him progress from Super plat to Ultra. Currently he is at about 13500 points about to hit Diamond.

PedroV is fucking awful (I think). He only goes for cross up lk and splash. If you're far away enough, he just mashes cr hp. I am not kidding. This is it. Once you finally get tagged it's mika oki guesses and thats it. derp derp derp.

I'm only mentioning this because...WTF is this game? No matter how many times I whiff punish cr hp, no matter how many times I punish the jump ins, he doesn't stop. Like, literally. He'll get up and mash that shit again. I'm at the point where I'm thinking he's actually amazing at the game and just knows "fuck it, I'll get in eventually". How does a person climb this high?

Please, capcom, give characters definitive reasons to make people stop jumping. Because as it is right now. I tag someone 4 times with AA, they have v trigger now and no incentive not to keep jumping. It's like all the control for other characters has just been given to Guile.

Now you get a big reason why people don't like the game.

It doesn't matter if you AA somebody 6 times, if they land that 7th jump-in then they'll get more out of it than you did with those 6 AAs (unless you're Urien). It's something that I've found incredibly annoying since the game dropped.

Just bought that cammy colour 15, this is now officially the best costume in the game, and I'm once again a cammy main, 900 health be damned!

And that's not counting the animation for winning that you gotta sit through 99 times, the menu in-between, and the loading screens.

Ahhh fun times.

Survival doesn't really have loading screens, or maybe it does on ps4, but not on pc.
Still takes like 10 seconds from KO to next fight though.

Survival doesn't really have loading screens, or maybe it does on ps4, but not on pc.
If you're just mashing through the menu then there is a noticeable loading screen on PS4. Every fifth fight where the stage changes, it's longer. Good thing (?) is that the game keeps loading the assets while you're in the menu choosing what enhancement to use so if you take your time to pick one the stage will be loaded by the time you do.

God I regret getting this game on PS4, my PC could have handled this. Sigh.

mbpm1

Soooo there's this Mika player in Ultra plat that's been fucking people up named PedroV. I play him every morning (derp match making!) and have been watching him progress from Super plat to Ultra. Currently he is at about 13500 points about to hit Diamond.

PedroV is fucking awful (I think). He only goes for cross up lk and splash. If you're far away enough, he just mashes cr hp. I am not kidding. This is it. Once you finally get tagged it's mika oki guesses and thats it. derp derp derp.

I'm only mentioning this because...WTF is this game? No matter how many times I whiff punish cr hp, no matter how many times I punish the jump ins, he doesn't stop. Like, literally. He'll get up and mash that shit again. I'm at the point where I'm thinking he's actually amazing at the game and just knows "fuck it, I'll get in eventually". How does a person climb this high?

Please, capcom, give characters definitive reasons to make people stop jumping. Because as it is right now. I tag someone 4 times with AA, they have v trigger now and no incentive not to keep jumping. It's like all the control for other characters has just been given to Guile.

It's SFV

Just do it is the game.

And if that gets stopped, just do the other thing, because they probably can't stop it consistently.

Welcome to online.

LakeEarth

Just bought that cammy colour 15, this is now officially the best costume in the game, and I'm once again a cammy main, 900 health be damned!

There's a good 7-8 seconds of loading on PS4 when it changes the stage.

Blueblur1

I think it was during CEO 2016, where they dropped the Balrog trailer alongside the teases for Juri & Urien.

There was Ibuki as well, but I forgot which event she was shown off at.

The Ibuki trailer was shown at the very end of Combo Breaker's SFV Top 8.

Kashiwaba

I did beat Hard with Rashid with that trick. Problem is Ryu though, eagle kick spam doesn't work because he's constantly spamming fireballs. And he's battle #100, which makes me fear a loss right at the end.

I did both hard and extreme with Rashid, Ryu is the only exception against him use jump>>eagle kick he can't counter that.

jett

D-Member
So today there's gonna be a celebrity SFV tournament on ELEAGUE/TBS. Anyone gonna bother watching this? It will be Lupe Fiasco's glorious return to esports!

LakeEarth

I did both hard and extreme with Rashid, Ryu is the only exception against him use jump>>eagle kick he can't counter that.

Thanks, I kinda want to go for it now.

What's Rashid's season 2.5 changes supposed to be? Anything that could make survival mode easier / harder?

EDIT - looking at the list, the only significant change is a s.lk nerf which probably wouldn't be a big deal in survival.

Thanks, I kinda want to go for it now.

What's Rashid's season 2.5 changes supposed to be? Anything that could make survival mode easier / harder?
  • Hurtbox

Fixed an issue where Rashid's collision boxes would shrink in the reverse direction of other characters if Rashid turned around while crouching. This lead to characters being able to cross him up with certain moves after he landed from mid-air recovery, when they were not supposed to.

• Standing LK
    Reduced the upwards hitbox
    Increased the horizontal knockback distance on mid-air hit

• EX Eagle Spike (V-Skill)
    If Rashid KO's the opponent with EX Airborne Eagle Spike during his V-Skill, he will get the EX flashing screen finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom