• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Don't know about that. I just know I'd like to have the option to play Wi-Fi players or not. The rollback and lag is bad enough every weekend when I play dudes that I KNOW are hardwired..why would I wanna play folks playing internet roulette?

Who would play a fighter on Wi-Fi?
Don't associate with such people unless they didn't have an option

the game basically goes to shit online whenever someone gets stunned lol

That's cause they're trying to mash out of it. It happens a LOT in 4 bar or lower connections.

Game has issues handling such a high rate of inputs from the opponent so it starts to lag. Also happens against those lk turbo people in casual mode. Fight will be perfectly playable by the start but by the end of the match it's lagging and skipping animations to the point where it's unplayable.

There's more to connections than just bandwidth. If you have bad routing to a player it's going to be a bad time regardless.

In such a fast pace game, not being able to see a few frames from here to there makes a big difference. Then add the natural input lag lol. The fact they're giving away points for winning an online event is still crazy to me.

even with the new CFN update I'd bet that one of the features just straight up doesn't work as intended or is just not added in even though it's advertised lol

That's cause they're trying to mash out of it. It happens a LOT in 4 bar or lower connections.

Game has issues handling such a high rate of inputs from the opponent so it starts to lag. Also happens against those lk turbo people in casual mode. Fight will be perfectly playable by the start but by the end of the match it's lagging and skipping animations to the point where it's unplayable.

I search and only play on 5 bar connections lol. So you're telling me that if I start an online match and start mashing like I was stunned from the beginning I can force the game to lag? this is the netcode yall defending?

Edzi

The fact that fast back and forth movements that people use in footsies is enough to make the game lag is hilarious to me. It throws me off so much.

I search and only play on 5 bar connections lol. So you're telling me that if I start an online match and start mashing like I was stunned from the beginning I can force the game to lag? this is the netcode yall defending?
Not entirely sure if that can happen (Turbo mode is some incredibly frequent inputs) but it's possible.

And I stopped even trying to defend the netcode once I played KI and MKXL's new netcode. Really no excuse for Capcpom when most of your biggest competitors are putting out better netcode than you.

Who would play a fighter on Wi-Fi?
Don't associate with such people unless they didn't have an option

I'm convinced the worst games I've played on causal/ranked are Wi-Fi..we're both in America and the shit is running like a flipbook? Yeah..something ain't right..

Numb

lupe1.png

Bob White

I don't think it's mashing. I've been testing this actually when I get stunned. I don't press a thing and it still goes to shit

I don't think it's mashing. I've been testing this actually when I get stunned. I don't press a thing and it still goes to shit

Where's the eventhubs article on this?

"Want to find out why the game instantly goes to shit right when a character gets stunned? Our analysts discuss why we think it might happen"

Honestly, it happens with all sorts of factors. FANG, Ryu, Alex, anyone who has a visible effect after using their V-Trigger tends to start the frame skipping game..at least from my experience.

Bob White

A couple weeks ago, no matter what, whenever I'd do Cammy's super, the game would lose sync. It doesn't happen as often but every now and then it still happens to this day.

These servers are fucking ass and I have no confidence that the new ones will change anything.

MrCarter

Damn some ya'll have shitty connections.

Damn. Was the Marvel 3 code really that bad?

If was awful, almost as bad as SFIV's netcode. No idea why I bought the PS4 version of MvC3 and I'm so glad MvCi is using SFV's rollback netcode. I just hope they improve the one-sided rollback some people have on these poor connections.

Edzi

Damn some ya'll have shitty connections.

If was awful, almost as bad as SFIV's netcode. No idea why I bought the PS4 version of MvC3 and I'm so glad MvCi is using SFV's rollback netcode. I just hope they improve the one-sided rollback some people have on these poor connections.

Are we seeing the birth of a new Lone Dragon?

Marvel 3 didn't even have spectating while you were in a lounge. You had to watch the names of the players jiggling around to look like they're fighting and a gauge of their lifebars until it was your turn lol.

There's more to connections than just bandwidth. If you have bad routing to a player it's going to be a bad time regardless.

Even then it still favors those who have high latency over low ones as well as hardware.

I played against a a Brazilian Ryu who can reach with Anti air St.MP. Meanwhile I try to play in the mess.

It doesn't matter how good your PC or ISP are, it's going to favor the one who has the worse speed.

This game is based on SFxT's netcode which I find it a hell of a lot more playable than V's on the PS fucking 3.

That sounds better than what I've heard for it. You could play on sfiv's code.

You should see USFIV when it was released on Steam.
Turns out that the Steam API showed pathological behavior when you got a lot of P2P connections, and that would cause lag not just in-game but even in menus.

Ucchedavāda;235364281 said:
Turns out that the Steam API showed pathological behavior when you got a lot of P2P connections, and that would cause lag not just in-game but even in menus.

Lol I remember this. It only lasted for a few months but man was it terrible.

mbpm1

oh yeah, I remember that now. It's what I thought of when some of the more egregious sfv problems started showing up

There was a thing where the game would show an error message and prevent you from moving, but the opponent could move.

MrCarter

Damn. Ultron fucked SFIV netcode up even further.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Marvel 3 didn't even have spectating while you were in a lounge. You had to watch the names of the players jiggling around to look like they're fighting and a gauge of their lifebars until it was your turn lol.

At least you really have a nice imagination about it unlike my friends whom always joked about lifebars having a sex.

Also Put in the camp where I rarely get lag matches with MVC3 and UMVC3. So I guess I was extremely lucky with matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom