• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

With all the recent announcement of new titles I really really hope Super SFV is a real thing. The game really could use a major shake up to the characters and gameplay. It could also really use a rebranding and a budget re release at $40 with with the S2 characters and a bunch of costumes.

Capcom can still keep their promise of you only ever needing the original SFV. Which I'm sure can still be found for $15 at a Gamestop and be completely compatible with S3, Super SFV, or whatever it's called next year. But even if the sales are gone, they could really do more to help clean up the game's image.

While those niche anime titles and a EX Alpha re-skin won't have a big impact on SFV I do think a SSFV will obviously help the game's reception even further. All you mentioned has been rumoured for quite a while now so it's just a matter of time however it won't be at EVO, possibly at the end of the season at Capcom Cup.

You mean like a free update for existing owners, right?

Yeah, of course. but I think they should go further than just a new name and big changes to the game. I think they should put it out there in retail form as well. Pack it with more content for a more budget friendly price to try and draw in more people. It will be re-reviewed and probably receive a warmer reception next time. If their is any chance of gaining a large chunk of new users, it will be through this rather than just a software update.

A Super update with a lot of good changes will help with the current player base, but do little to draw in new players IMO. A re release with more content could give the game a decent bump in new blood. Honestly I know nothing of the business side of things. It just sounds good in theory right?

JusDoIt

With all the recent announcement of new titles I really really hope Super SFV is a real thing. The game really could use a major shake up to the characters and gameplay. It could also really use a rebranding and a budget re release at $40 with with the S2 characters and a bunch of costumes.

Capcom can still keep their promise of you only ever needing the original SFV. Which I'm sure can still be found for $15 at a Gamestop and be completely compatible with S3, Super SFV, or whatever it's called next year. But even if the sales are gone, they could really do more to help clean up the game's image.

Super SFV needs to be $30, have an arcade mode, and include all Fight Money purchasables (characters, costumes, and stages) from the first two seasons. Premium costumes can be left out. Also, it needs a better name than Super SFV.

Otherwise don't bother.

MrCarter

Yeah, of course. but I think they should go further than just a new name and big changes to the game. I think they should put it out there in retail form as well. Pack it with more content for a more budget friendly price to try and draw in more people. If their is any chance of gaining a large chunk of new users, it will be through this rather than just a software update.

A Super update with a lot of good changes will help with the current player base, but do little to draw in new players IMO. A re release with more content could give the game a decent bump in new blood. Honestly I know nothing of the business side of things. It just sounds good in theory right?

I think there was a big thread on the "SSFV" rumours a while back and pretty much everything you said in the two posts were things that were both rumoured from a source on Reddit and from pro players within the SF community. A retail release at a good price would make a lot of sense and a free update to existing players (which was their promise) won't alienate all those early adopters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously.

Speaking of which, we currently have no idea how the game is being funded or published, if at all. That also kinda feeds into my speculation. If Capcom were the publisher, they'd want to keep that secret until the title is officially announced.
At the beginning of the video it says "AZ Library". Does anyone know what that is? Can't really find anything except some iOS Arika test from like 5 years ago.

I think there was a big thread on the "SSFV" rumours a while back and pretty much everything you said in the two posts were things that were both rumoured from a source on Reddit and from pro players within the SF community. A retail release at a good price would make a lot of sense and a free update to existing players (which was their promise) won't alienate all those early adopters.

I know about the rumors. I'm just reiterating the rumor of a SSFV because of all the big announcements today at EVO. SFV wouldn't need this if it was already in a good place. But it's not in a good place. Not with the casuals who bash it non stop or with a large portion of the player base who may like it but have many complaints about it. The "SFV" brand is a toxic one right now. Adding "Super" to it with a bunch more stuff can give it a fresh start as dumb as that sounds. And I know it sound pretty fucking dumb.

A "Super SFV" won't solve all the problems but I see it as a opportunity to try and pursuade people to give SFV another chance. And I feel like the name does matter. "Super" is practically synonymous with the SF series and I don't think it will actually hurt it(not this time anyways).

Too little too late, will be their reply and they wont stop saying that in every thread.

You can auote me on this.

I'm sure thousands will be saying this on the internet somewhere. But if there are still hundreds of thousands of people willing to buy a SSFV then so be it.

MrCarter

I know about the rumors. I'm just reiterating the rumor of a SSFV because of all the big announcements today at EVO. SFV wouldn't need this if it was already in a good place. But it's not in a good place. Not with the casuals who bash it non stop or the a large portion of the player base who may like it but have many complaints about it. The "SFV" is a somewhat toxic brand right now. Adding "Super" to it with a bunch more stuff can give it a fresh start as dumb as that sounds. And I know it sound pretty fucking dumb.

A "Super SFV" won't solve all the problems but I see it as a opportunity to try and pursuade people to give it SFV another chance. And I feel like the name does matter. "Super" is practically synonymous with the SF series and I don't think it will actually hurt it(not this time anyways).

Like I said before, a few niche titles and a re-skinned SF EX Alpha won't have much of an impact on SFV unfortunately. The majority of the complaints are from casuals and due to their toxic and salty attitude it's become memetic. I don't really think SFV is a toxic brand but more of the attitudes towards it. SFIV also had a LOT of complaints it just wasn't as vocal due to less social media back then to create this echo chamber. I do agree with you on the game needing a "SSFV" update though to improve the UI, balance, more modes and mechanics and more improvements to CFN to make it more attractive. Let's see what happens at Capcom Cup.

Nothing SF can do will topple a brand new fighter in a new fighting game and a cross over with SNK. Not even if they were with FL. And a Super edition would have people shitting on the game for waiting to fix the issues.

All these cool fg annoucements at evo. and we get abigail zzzz

twitter memes going in

DE4vzvvXoAASiV6.jpg:large

Village

Why does she look twice as good as Juri?

In quality of model or design?

If the former, I don't know technically her model is worse, but forwheveer the fuck reason, when you put kof models in sfv , they look a bajillion times better. If the latter, preference, you prefer one brand of sexy lady to another

Ryce

I'm really excited to see Abigail after months and months of speculation. What does he look like? How does he play? Is he a bonafide screen-stretching giant?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Other companies straight up announcing new games and very unexpected characters, it's almost unfair. Almost!

MrCarter

Other companies straight up announcing new games and very unexpected characters, it's almost unfair. Almost!

Geese was rumoured/teased by Harada in interviews so that reveal didn't really suprise me. That cross-tag battle game with BlazBlue and Persona was a huge suprise though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"We are pleased to announce that we will be replacing all of Zombegoast's hardware and signing him up for a different service provider. If that doesn't work we will pay for him to move to another location."
He also stopped playing, so they will have to send someone over to do that for him.

Bloy

Neo Member
I've lurked in here for a while. Figured I'd join in for the Abigail hype.

If anyone wants some games after Evo vs a scrubby platinum ibuki/vega let me know!

Pachinko

"We are pleased to announce that we will be replacing all of Zombegoast's hardware and signing him up for a different service provider. If that doesn't work we will pay for him to move to another location."

Hahahah that would be great. "As he is the only person on earth with continual netcode issues , it was just easier this way"

Hopefully there's more than just Abigail and a metro city stage , this character is already a month late after all.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Abigail trailer finishes. We hear "TIGER!". 30 second clip of The King in action. Ends with a message saying 'Sagat available for download TONIGHT free for all players'.

MCD250

I can't play ArcSys games. Too complicated for me. And I've never been huge on team games. But man, it's cool seeing Trunks in DBFZ.

Top Bottom