• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I'm just hyped for all of it. I hope it's all good. SFV should get some more shit though. But I don't want crossover characters 2bh

I have to agree with this, Capcom would just weaken the character to make it fit with their weak ass characters...Capcom vs SNK is proof of that..

Teh Lurv

When is the big reveal going to be during the EVO top 8?

Been playing a lot of Eds this weekend. The more I play against online Eds, the more they feel like the love-child of scrubby Kens & Uriens. EX Psycho Uppers at the end of every block-chain & wakeup, with all their execution practice drilled into juggling combos using that ball they saw on Youtube.

For me, guest characters are cool if they're from another game. I love that Akuma and Geese are in Tekken and would love to see Kiryu in, but I greatly dislike things like Jason or Leatherface in Mortal Kombat.

Zackat

the only thing that will make a lot of noise after today would be if they showed a trailer with Sagat

there are so many fighting games, lord. how am I gonna learn to play all of these

Hyun Sai

For me, guest characters are cool if they're from another game. I love that Akuma and Geese are in Tekken and would love to see Kiryu in, but I greatly dislike things like Jason or Leatherface in Mortal Kombat.

I only really like if they're iconic characters from other fighting games franchises. Namco did a stellar job on that point for T7.

MCD250

I feel like that too. I might even stretch it to say that I prefer guest characters to be from other fighting (or fighting-ish) games only, but I can live with characters from other games. But stuff like Darth Vader in Soul Calibur and whatnot...eh.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Abigail trailer finishes. We hear "TIGER!". 30 second clip of The King in action. Ends with a message saying 'Sagat available for download TONIGHT free for all players'.

Sure would be nice to get a genuine amazing surprise like that. More realistically, it would nice if they showed all 3 remaining characters tonight. Even more realistically, they're going let themselves be totally outclassed by all the other announcements and just show one character that has already leaked despite SF being the premier game at EVO and supposedly the premier game in the genre.

Edzi

Sure would be nice to get a genuine amazing surprise like that. More realistically, it would nice if they showed all 3 remaining characters tonight. Even more realistically, they're going let themselves be totally outclassed by all the other announcements and just show one character that has already leaked despite SF being the premier game at EVO and supposedly the premier game in the genre.

Only thing they can do to compete tonight is a super sfv announcement that addresses most of the game's problems. So yeah, prepare to be disappointed.

Naarmight

I have to agree with most people here, just an Abigail reveal is going to be weak compared to what everyone else has done, but that is all we are going to get. Even if they had more they would sandbag it until SDCC. And yeah Sagat is the only way to get the hype back

Really hope there is something more, but I am not getting my hopes up

kirblar

I have to agree with most people here, just an Abigail reveal is going to be weak compared to what everyone else has done, but that is all we are going to get. Even if they had more they would sandbag it until SDCC. And yeah Sagat is the only way to get the hype back

Really hope there is something more, but I am not getting my hopes up
SFV stuff won't be sandbagged till SDCC because they're doing their next big MvC:I dump there.

MCD250

I don't expect any announcement other than Abigail and I guess his stage.

I'm fine with it though, since it's what I expect.

Capcom, if you're reading this right now, please just add a black frame with text saying "Get Ready For Some SUPER News At Playstation Experience" to the end of the trailer.

If you're not teasing the other two characters a la Boxer last year, that's the least you can do to save face.

If I were Capcom, I'd make a trailer that's just a quick second-each reel for 30 characters (every character up to S2, plus Sagat and Sakura, the first S3 characters), putting an extra second on the last 2 for emphasis, and ending with an image that just says "SUPER... coming 2018" on it.

anyone wanna play real quick before the top 8 starts?

cfn 765production

I would, but you'd beat me and then I'll get salty and continue playing online to make up for my lost. I will end up doing this for at least 2 hours because I'll continue losing to other people and the cycle will continue. I can't do that to myself with SFV Top 8 coming up so soon.

Capcom, if you're reading this right now, please just add a black frame with text saying "Get Ready For Some SUPER News At Playstation Experience" to the end of the trailer.

If you're not teasing the other two characters a la Boxer last year, that's the least you can do to save face.

If I were Capcom, I'd make a trailer that's just a quick second-each reel for 30 characters (every character up to S2, plus Sagat and Sakura, the first S3 characters), putting an extra second on the last 2 for emphasis, and ending with an image that just says "SUPER... coming 2018" on it.

I don't think they could cut the trailer fast enough to fit it in.

I HOPE they show off the new characters but there are too many announcements to "fight" against. Had Capcom been abreast of the situation they could have done something. Better to take it on the chin and just go hard in announcing shit in the next couple of weeks.

Producer

I would, but you'd beat me and then I'll get salty and continue playing online to make up for my lost. I will end up doing this for at least 2 hours because I'll continue losing to other people and the cycle will continue. I can't do that to myself with SFV Top 8 coming up so soon.

Lol i am probably worse than you. But no lie i go through the same thing as you do haha i hate it. I always gotta end the night on a win

How the fuck do I play that he's not a grappler he's so big I like his moveset what was that v-trigger though Day 1 he seriously looks like a FF dude in both moves and fucking look

Is it possible to do a size comparison between Abigail and Hugo? Just wondering because Abigail somehow looks much bigger, and his arms are the size of Hugo's waist.

Bob White

16-abigail-announced-street-fighter-5.jpg

:/

Pachinko

I was of mixed opinion with Ed because they made him a beefcake for no real reason and his outfit is kind of odd looking .. then I played as him and really wasn't a fan at all.

Abigail though... I expected to hate this character but he actually looks like a ton of fun in the most literal sense possible. Interesting that his trailer didn't show lifebars and such , wonder if they'll zoom out like KI does for Aganos or if he'll just take up 40% of the screen at all times... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Top Bottom