• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

Best top 8 in recent memory. So glad Tokido finally won.

Also, having 9 unique characters in top 8 is damn impressive.

One of my favorite Top 8's ever. Really wanted Punk to take it all, but if he had to lose I'm happy it was to the god Tokido.

The perfect top 8 to have on tv. Good feelings all around.

Was that not the greatest SF grand finals or what? It sure inspired me to pick up this game again and put some serious time into it again. I'm back boys :)

This was definitely one of, if not the best ever, top 8 at EVO. I will certainly be coming back to watch this in years to come.

Village

One. No
Two. No

Yes, street fighters origins are hevily rooted in three things, real martial artists or people portraying martial artists and anime, and later comic books. And this is much later, like 3rd strike kinda and 4.

The character you have as your character right now , is based on someone from a fucking manga

Street fighter has always been " anime" and has always had heavy anime influences. And to deny that, is to deny the reality that is street fighter. Street fighter alpha leaned into that in both style and in character choice ( adding two literal rival school girls and one of them being a ohohoho laughing blond type) .

So yes and yes

Even your avatar is an anime.

Just saw this on Twitter made me laugh:

DE6aHijUwAEZAgM.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Mago didn't even make it out of pools, I hope he can be happy about his friend winning it all, atleast.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Its not just jojo

O528MNk.jpg

This is M bison, they have a multitude of anime influences besides jojo that show up.

Cmon son. The most disingenuous argument ever. Let me one up you. Betty boop created anime therefore all anime is American. You know full well what 'anime' means within modern context. Cut the shit.

Village

Cmon son. The most disingenuous argument ever. Let me one up you. Betty boop created anime therefore all anime is American. You know full well what 'anime' means within modern context. Cut the shit.

I'm talking about being influenced by Japanese comic and animation.

Whatever meme insecure meaning you have attached to it in your own insecurities about the medium is your own thing.

Street fighter is very anime, and is influenced by anime, so tekken, so is KOF that's ok. They also have various other inflences. Also modern context makes little sense... because jojo is in the modern context, dragon ball super is modern context, one peice, one punch man, attack on titains a myriad things that don't apply to your very limited view of what the " modern context" is in whatever you have going on in your head

Hell, Ryu and Sagat and their battle in SF1 were based off of a manga.

SF's been anime from the very beginning.

To be fair Ryu And Sagat are also based on real dudes, the latter IIRC is named actually named sagat.

Yun and Yang also get , IMO mistaken for being based on two anime characters, where they seem to be based on this actual asian skater from the 90's.

I replaced bison's stage theme with this

MCD250

Man, we arguing about the anime-ness od Slpha now? That shit was anime as fuuuuuuuck. C'mon.

Too bad when he fought tokido he spaced his divekicks high up on tokidos body and was blocked and fully punished

Tokido was moving forward to force the divekick to hit higher. He really was playing on another level last night.
Exactly. I'm not even mad tbh.

I might be a little mad. #buffcammydivekicks

A F.A.N.G. player saying this is Abigail sized irony.
OOvKF3b.gif

Also, SF been anime but not anime as the same time.
I always referred to it as anime-lite.

Not quite anime enough (like Guilty Gear or Blazblue) that you can jokingly call it's fans weebs but also enough that you can't really show it fully to other (non-gaming) people without getting some looks like "The fuq is this japanese shit?"

Lulubop

I like his super, it's especially ridiculous because he doesn't prop them up on anything. So good. What's that run attack? a grab? Or the move with the 4 follow ups?

DunpealD

I like his super, it's especially ridiculous because he doesn't prop them up on anything. So good. What's that run attack? a grab? Or the move with the 4 follow ups?

He props them up on the edge of the screen, just like how Laura's super takes her opponent for a ride around the screen.

Baleoce

Haven't played in a while but, is it normal for me to be waiting 20-30 mins in training mode when I have both casual and ranked flagged?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm talking about being influenced by Japanese comic and animation.

Whatever meme insecure meaning you have attached to it in your own insecurities about the medium is your own thing.

Street fighter is very anime, and is influenced by anime, so tekken, so is KOF that's ok. They also have various other inflences. Also modern context makes little sense... because jojo is in the modern context, dragon ball super is modern context, one peice, one punch man, attack on titains a myriad things that don't apply to your very limited view of what the " modern context" is in whatever you have going on in your head

To be fair Ryu And Sagat are also based on real dudes, the latter IIRC is named actually named sagat.

Yun and Yang also get , IMO mistaken for being based on two anime characters, where they seem to be based on this actual asian skater from the 90's.

I replaced bison's stage theme with this

Oh no not my insecurities. Street fighter pulled from a multitude of influences. It has anime influences for sure. Having influence doesn't make it anime. Because its not anime. It cool I'll try to reconcile the difference in my limited view.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It looked to me kinda like he is jamming them up through the top of the screen and they stick there like when a cartoon character gets stuck in a floor/ceiling. They aren't exactly aligned with the top of the screen though so maybe I'm interpreting it wrong.

Who were the other rumored S2 characters? The Egyptian girl and who else?
Zeku, Guy's mentor.

Going through more of vol 2 trials and god damn Karin. Her ones are so much harder than anyone elses. Just finished em and trial 10 is super easy compared to 5 and 8. The timing is mega strict with those. Just hammering out the same combo and and over till it eventually works lol.

Going through more of vol 2 trials and god damn Karin. Her ones are so much harder than anyone elses. Just finished em and trial 10 is super easy compared to 5 and 8. The timing is mega strict with those. Just hammering out the same combo and and over till it eventually works lol.

I can't do her trials on controller should have done it before my arcade stick died lol...

Shadoken

1296.png

They always save the best for last , Cant wait for Zeku.

I really hope they actually add some plot into why he is back like Nash or something ( like some ties to the illuminati or Mad gear or something ).

Not like Gouken , "Yea I wasnt actually dead , just sleeping"

1296.png

They always save the best for last , Cant wait for Zeku.

I really hope they actually add some plot into why he is back like Nash or something ( like some ties to the illuminati or Mad gear or something ).

Not like Gouken , "Yea I wasnt actually dead , just sleeping"

Zeku never died. Guy was supposed to kill him as per tradition but ended up not doing so. So he could literally just be doing whatever.

Top Bottom