• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

Someone on the costume thread saying there's too much stuff releasing next week. You can't win sometimes lol. However he is right, I'm getting a lot of stuff:

- Ryu Stage
- Abigail's Stage
- CPT Stage
- Alex's nostalgia costume
- Maaaybe Ibuki's nostalgic costume

And now

- Laura's sport costume
- Rashid's sport costume

kirblar

Someone on the costume thread saying there's too much stuff releasing next week. You can't win sometimes lol. However he is right, I'm getting a lot of stuff:

- Ryu Stage
- Abigail's Stage
- CPT Stage

And now

- Laura's sport costume
- Rashid's sport costume
That's because this seems to be two updates in one because of Ed getting pushed back.

Ryce

All I'm getting for sure is Abigail, Metro City Bay Area, and Suzaku Castle. I'd like to get Ring of Pride and Alex's nostalgia costume, but it's hard for me to justify some of these DLC costs.

Edzi

You know, one thing this game has taught me is that I'm a leg man through and through. I don't give a damn about Ibuki, but that track costume is nice.

Numb

Next week is Alex nostalgia costume day. That's all that matters.

DGEoPl3.gif

I managed to cheese extreme story mode (thank gods for no chip kills), so now I have money for both stages. And I will be able to afford whatever stage they announce next once I get the 30k.

JusDoIt

- Ryu Stage
- Abigail's Stage
- CPT Stage

And now

- Laura's sport costume
- Rashid's sport costume

I was thinking about copping the nostalgia costumes, but Laura happened. Def getting all the stages. I'm a sucker who bought the CPT pack so that stadium stage is mines already and so is Du's wack ass Guile fit.

Scotia

Banned
I'll be getting:

Abigail
Alex Nostalgia
Ibuki Nostalgia
Rashid Sport
Metro City Bay Area
Suzaku Castle

I might get Ring of Pride, but I'm not sure yet.

kikiribu

- Ryu Stage
- Abigail's Stage
- CPT Stage

And now

- Laura's sport costume
- Rashid's sport costume
That was me but it was more of a compliment to Capcom than a complaint. Everything about the update already looked perfect, especially since Abigail looks amazing to me, so to have these surprise costumes creep up like this and actually be ready to launch on the same day is really surprising. Expected them by year's end after what happened with the nostalgia costumes.

MCD250

I'm getting all the stages. Already got the season pass so I'll own Abigail too.

The new costumes are dope as hell, but I don't use any of those characters.

I might get Laura's anyway just because it's so clean.

Marvel

could never
I have the season pass but I can't say I'll ever play as Abigail anytime soon. I look forward to fighting the hordes of em when he drops though, should be interesting.

HardRojo

I'm sitting on 460k FM (or close to that) and got all stages and their variants (missing Ring of Destiny since I didn't get the CPT bundle), a few Story costumes, some colors and that's it I think. Still missing 4 Normal Survivals (all of the Hard and Extreme ones) and I have yet to get the S2 chars, so that's more FM I can get when I get the S2 pass.

MrCarter

Expected them by year's end after what happened with the nostalgia costumes.

I think they have *touchwood* finally learned not to preview costumes a year in advance before actually releasing them lol.

Also, what happened to those Chun costumes by Aikman?

7daf234a51733268ee8439d7e0f32654.jpg

vg260

Only getting the Ryu and Abigail stages wirh FM, with only a little left over for colors. (boo). Maybe just Abigail once I check the colors I want since those are FM only.

Still hate this model. I'd rather just reasonable prices on everything.

It's funny how this game's model curbed me of my SF DLC costume buying habit. I usually buy everything, but haven't bought one yet. I even like a ton of them too.

MCD250

I think they have *touchwood* finally learned not to preview costumes a year in advance before actually releasing them lol.
I'd be willing to bet cash money that those Alex/Ibuki costumes were ready and intended to be released like a month after they were announced, if not less, and then awkwardly after the annoucement someone at Capcom had the brainwave to hold them back for the 30th anniversary for the "nostslgia".

MrCarter

Only getting the Ryu and Abigail stages wirh FM, with only a little left over for colors. (boo). Maybe just Abigail once I check the colors I want since those are FM only.

Still hate this model. I'd rather just reasonable prices on everything.

It's funny how this game's model curbed me of my SF DLC costume buying habit. I usually buy everything, but haven't bought one yet. I even like a ton of them too.

- 100K FM or $2.99 for premium costumes
- 150K FM or $4.99 for characters

This would be a perfect balance in my opinion.

kikiribu

You buying the Juri nostalgia costume?

Is there a reason why Juri kind of, sort of, seems overly censored in this game? Still no swimsuit (despite Kolin being newer and already having that battle alt which can easily pass as her swimsuit), added sleeves to her nostalgia costume (which requires the code input to remove them). It's inconsistent with the rest of the female cast's costumes, and seems a little odd. Why add sleeves all of a sudden? Seems like Capcom has it out for Juri in this game. Ibuki gets to start with kunai but Juri needs to charge up everything and still get stuck doing depressing damage. Capcom why.

Is there a reason why Juri kind of, sort of, seems overly censored in this game? Still no swimsuit (despite Kolin being newer and already having that battle alt which can easily pass as her swimsuit), added sleeves to her nostalgia costume (which requires the code input to remove them). It's inconsistent with the rest of the female cast's costumes, and seems a little odd. Why add sleeves all of a sudden? Seems like Capcom has it out for Juri in this game. Ibuki gets to start with kunai but Juri needs to charge up everything and still get stuck doing depressing damage. Capcom why.

The code doesn't remove the sleeves, it removes her jacket.

MrCarter

Nobody knows why or how Capcom does things sometimes. They are a mystery. I just hope they give Juri her damn zoning fireballs and possibly her divekick back.

Aren't the sleeves part of the jacket?

Yep.

MrCarter

That would be more appealing to me, yeah.

Premium costumes are Capcom's only guaranteed money from SFV. They ain't offering those up for FM.

Yeah I thought - if they can give away their characters (which takes a HELL of a lot more work) for free, then why can't they do this for premium costumes? The morons over at Capcom just need to to take a look at Overwatch. Not the gambling lootboxes however, fuck that.

JusDoIt

Yeah I thought - if they can give away their characters (which takes a HELL of a lot more work) for free, then why can't they do this for premium costumes? The morons over at Capcom just need to to take a look at Overwatch. Not the gambling lootboxes however, fuck that.

Capcom can give characters away because they charge so much for premium cosmetics.

I'm glad they do it like this instead of what Overwatch does. It looks like OW is just giving everything away graciously, but there's a reason why OW's lootboxes are randomized. They give you junk and make it harder and harder to earn gold so you finally break down and start spending money to get the cosmetic stuff you really want.

Top Bottom