• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

vulva

If everything was up to GAF then everything would bomb.

That being said, an entire roster of SF2 characters is just

I don't mind SF2 characters, but mix it up a little.

Could be worse, they could put literal nobodies like 12 or Sean in the game.

Sayad

I'm pretty sure the SFV base roster would be entirely SFII characters if it were up to GAF.
It wouldn't, the only thing that would change if SFV launched with SFII characters only is Gaf saying how lazy and un-imaginative it is to not try creating new character!

kirblar

The best thing about Karin's redesign is that they stole half of Yun/Yang's toolset and gave it to her instead, meaning that they don't plan for those two assholes to shit up another game.

I think Ono or one of the other Capcom Reps mentioned that in retrospect an SF3 character should have been swapped to base instead of S1 (probably Alex), and I think they were right.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The best thing about Karin's redesign is that they stole half of Yun/Yang's toolset and gave it to her instead, meaning that they don't plan for those two assholes to shit up another game.

I think Ono or one of the other Capcom Reps mentioned that in retrospect an SF3 character should have been swapped to base instead of S1 (probably Alex), and I think they were right.

Stop grouping Yang with Yun.

Looking for some resources here or for someone to point me in the right direction - looking for a lot of current info on Urien. Mix ups, setups, contextual combos - just any place that has the most current of this stuff or catalogs it.

Spman2099

It wouldn't, the only thing that would change if SFV launched with SFII characters only is Gaf saying how lazy and un-imaginative it is to not try creating new character!

A lot of people claim that almost every decision is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type situation with video games... That being said, this is the best example of that actually being the case. People shit all over returning characters because they aren't new, people complain about new characters because they want their main to return. It is an awful situation for Capcom. I think a season composed almost solely of new characters was a mistake, but I genuinely appreciate the effort.

Also, for all the hate he got, I am super happy Abigail is part of the cast now. I am really enjoying him. He is the character I never knew I wanted; that kind of thing doesn't happen if Capcom plays it completely safe.

Neoxon

Looking for some resources here or for someone to point me in the right direction - looking for a lot of current info on Urien. Mix ups, setups, contextual combos - just any place that has the most current of this stuff or catalogs it.
I could give you some Urien pointers if you need any.

JusDoIt

Also, for all the hate he got, I am super happy Abigail is part of the cast now. I am really enjoying him. He is the character I never knew I wanted; that kind of thing doesn't happen if Capcom plays it completely safe.

Capcom hasn't played it safe at all with SFV. They took a lot of risks and many of those risks have blown up in their faces. But I think in the long term those risks are going to be what makes SFV memorable and stand out.

kikiribu

In addition to whatever info you end up getting, watch Nemo, RB, and Dogura videos.

Ryce

Even with Menat and Zeku, SFV still has the fewest amount of brand new/first time playable characters of the various SF sub-series (II, Alpha, III, and IV). I'd really like to see more more new faces in future seasons.

Even with Menat and Zeku, SFV still has the fewest amount of brand new/first time playable characters of the various SF sub-series (II, Alpha, III, and IV). I'd really like to see more more new faces in future seasons.
Same, just don't make the same mistake as this season with 6 in a year rather than a few in every season.

For people wondering, here's the number of playable characters introduced per final game:
SF - 2
SFII - 16
SFA - 20
SFIII - 16
SFIV - 11
SFV - 7 so far (9 after S2)

Spman2099

Yeah, that's my reaction when I'm around them too. My last roommate was like that.

Also, it's you! You offered me advice on fighting Balrog in January and never replied to my PM. Didn't know you still played this game. Don't know what grand wisdom you had to offer but I was able to rise to 5100LP without it.

It certainly wasn't grand, but I don't think you needed much more than basic wisdom when I contacted you. I originally was planning to just do a little digging into the frame data and let you know if the things you were getting hit by were safe or punishable. Also, I was going to give you some advice on some normals you may have been able to use to punish said (potentially) unsafe normals. However, since you didn't know what you were getting hit by, that plan fell by the wayside. I still intended to reply to you, I just forgot. My bad. Glad to hear you were able to "rise up".

Sounds like your roommate was in a bad situation. I hope he is one of those people that becomes stronger through perseverance. ;)

Ryce

Random lore question: was Laura mentioned by name in any of the old SFIII materials or was Sean just vaguely described as having siblings?

Before Capcpom announced Birdie for SFV, he had literally dozens of fans around the world.

Now that Abigail is out, he'll go back to having only dozens of fans.
No one was asking for Birdie, but they did a great job with the gameplay redesign.
This.

If only he didn't have to play so damn honest much of the time.

Scotia

Banned
Random lore question: was Laura mentioned by name in any of the old SFIII books or was Sean just vaguely described as having siblings?

She's just refereed to as his sister. The name Laura was probably something they created for SFV. I'm pretty sure the origin of Sean having siblings was first mentioned here:

CaKifaXUcAEK9H4.jpg

Top Bottom