• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Edzi

Sneakers, confirm one more thing for us would you? Are they going to try and address some of the presentation issues like clipping and characters looking ugly in certain poses? I don't see why they can't just modify Ken to pose like this at the char select screen:

DFy60O7VYAAn0Ti.jpg

Stuff like Ibuki and Chun's winposes could also use some tweaking when it comes to angles and lighting.

kirblar

Sneakers, confirm one more thing for us would you? Are they going to try and address some of the presentation issues like clipping and characters looking ugly in certain poses? I don't see why they can't just modify Ken to pose like this at the char select screen:
The SFV character select screen won't make it to S5/USFV/etc. It's too small, both in character and stage count, and they're running into a lot of issues. It's almost certainly why they've never fixed Birdie's chain- you don't devote time/resources to fixing things that you're going to abandon.

Stuff like Ibuki and Chun's winposes could also use some tweaking when it comes to angles and lighting.

I wonder if they should just do different lighting for different characters instead of going unversial.

Blueblur1

Your perception is very accurate.

It's almost like they needed a better web client & an updated API for a new build that would integrate into them & the CFN database on the fly. Almost like a new platform that would need to do that remotely was coming. A platform known for a particular mode that has been promised but remains undelivered in SFV thus far. I wonder...

So here's what I'm interpreting from the bold portion above:

Part of the new CFN is preparing for Extra Battle Mode which they will update on some regular basis. Would it be something similar to MKX's Challenge towers and IJ2's Metaverse (which is something I've been arguing SFV needs)??

Or am I totally wrong? lol

Vice

What ports can I open to improve match making on the PS4 version? I re-upped my PS+ and it seems like I can get a ranked match every 10 minutes or so while on PC I get matches near constantly.

That moment when you figure out how to beat a player who was giving you trouble. I tell ya - this game doesn't get anywhere near the credit for being as solid as it is.

I finally took a look at the CFN website. Pretty damn cool I must say. I have a little over 6700 matches between my PC and PS4 account. Nice to finally be able to look at my stats without turning on both versions of the game. And I see that I have 1 "Respect" on my PC account. I honestly don't know what that means but it's nice to be complimented if that's what it was. The only thing I don't like is that they won't show you match results on the website, only who you've faced. It sucks still having to turn on the game and having to search from there instead of being able to take a quick look at the website.

EDIT: I looked up Daigo's CFN just for the hell of it and see that there are around 15-20 accounts parodying his name lol. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I don't know what all talk about motorboating Abigail is about, but I just read that Sakura and the Mayor of Earth are about to be in the same season and I'm HYPE.

So here's what I'm interpreting from the bold portion above:

Part of the new CFN is preparing for Extra Battle Mode which they will update on some regular basis. Would it be something similar to MKX's Challenge towers and IJ2's Metaverse (which is something I've been arguing SFV know needs)??

Or am I totally wrong? lol
Arcade version. I think he's also teasing that said version will also have CFN integration.

Zackat

I finally took a look at the CFN website. Pretty damn cool I must say. I have a little over 6700 matches between my PC and PS4 account. And I see that I have 1 "Respect" on my PC account. I honestly don't know what that means but it's nice to be complimented if that's what it was. The only thing I don't like is that they won't show you match results on the website, only who you've faced. It sucks still having to turn on the game and having to search from there instead of being able to take a quick look at the website.

the site is really nice. it needs to be in the game.

I should check it out on mobile

Marvel

could never
Ucchedavāda;244776849 said:
I wish that game or the CFN site allowed you to "thumbs up" match/set you lost. Like a way to hat-tip your opponent for a good match.
RL quotes too

"Savage!"

"Calculated"

Top Bottom