• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Hey remember when season 2 was going to fix EVERYTHING?

History repeats

Oh man.

While SFV didn't do us right in S2 in terms of a lot of forms, I'm thinking about taking a sabbatical from the internet once the new patch drops. Not to say it's going to be good, or even bad, but the whining that erupted for the first few months was nearly intolerable. The real problems got drowned out, and although we got a patch out of it that made things better (but didn't help certain few characters enough), it still was difficult to suss out actual complaints from kneejerk responses.

It was terrible.

mbpm1

Oh man.

While SFV didn't do us right in S2 in terms of a lot of forms, I'm thinking about taking a sabbatical from the internet once the new patch drops. Not to say it's going to be good, or even bad, but the whining that erupted for the first few months was nearly intolerable. The real problems got drowned out, and although we got a patch out of it that made things better ( but didn't help certain few characters enough), it still was difficult to suss out actual complaints from kneejerk ones.

It was terrible.
This buildup of expectations is just not worth it. Capcom can't meet them and it leads only to disappointment. Best to treat sfv like a side game in that respect

This buildup of expectations is just not worth it. Capcom can't meet them and it leads only to disappointment. Best to treat sfv like a side game in that respect

I have no expectations for any game these days, especially in terms of balance or whatever. Gundam massively disappointed me by not fixing Hot Scramble and buffing suits that have issues with tracking (like my poor GP02A). And the DLC suit prices are incredibly dumb. I doubt they'll add LAN, despite the tournament edition having it.

Tekken still hasn't fixed their online features. I don't even know if the wall bounce off glitch is fixed (it might be, I don't know).

And we all know about SFV. Features missing, needing some defensive options, etc. Nowadays, I just turn on a different game when I get angry at things. Much less trouble. No more searching for perfection, but fun.

I guess I shouldn't say I don't have any expectations, but they are just super low for most games. I don't begrudge those expecting more, however.

Skilletor

The marketing strategy is Esports.

And it's not working.

Seems like it is since it keeps getting picked up to be broadcast on different channels.

It might not be selling hotcakes, but it's consistently selling quarter over quarter.

I really don't see how people can say esports isn't working when it's the most successful aspect of the game.

Seems like it is since it keeps getting picked up to be broadcast on different channels.

It might not be selling hotcakes, but it's consistently selling quarter over quarter.

I really don't see how people can say esports isn't working when it's the most successful aspect of the game.

ZG lives in his own reality.

I have huge Expectations for Guild Wars 2 next expansion, i simply want to see if they learn their lesson from the first expansion which was a HoT mess...

Isn't that game decades old? It feels like it.

Bob White

Season 3 new DLC!

-Laura's twin sister
-Evil Ryu
-Decapre
-"Normal" Nash

System changes!

-Nerfed V reversal! (Abigale has a v reversal that he can get advantage off of. We're bringing it in line with everyone else and their shitty defensive options)

That's it! Buy our new season 3 season pass!

It only sold 300k since May last year.

Capcom is trying to create another Evo moment 37 or like Evo 2009

But it's not making people go out and buy the game after the negative press it gets as a game.

mbpm1

System changes!

-Nerfed V reversal! (Abigale has a v reversal that he can get advantage off of. We're bringing it in line with everyone else and their shitty defensive options)

That's it! Buy our new season 3 season pass!
I would be so mad if they did that lol

I'm sad that this is the case.

I'd much rather have new characters if they keep up this quality. But people will complain about that, so we'll get Sagat and Sakura.

This is my season 3 wish list.
Sakura
Oro
E.Honda
Fei Long
El Fuerte
Dudley.

Never been a big fan of Sagat..

Skilletor

You say that like it's a bad thing.

They haven't done anything interesting with Sakura since her inception. Maybe that will change with SF5.

It only sold 300k since May last year.

Capcom is trying to create another Evo moment 37 or like Evo 2009

But it's not making people go out and buy the game after the negative press it gets as a game.

Ah, yes, because SF3 has sold billions due to EVO moments.

When Sakura joins the roster I need her Alpha 2 stage with the kid playing SNES in the background who gets salty if she loses by Sanfording the control pad.

Blueblur1

When Sakura joins the roster I need her Alpha 2 stage with the kid playing SNES in the background who gets salty if she loses by Sanfording the control pad.

Or include a big LCD screen where you see Sanford blocking all the NYC players on Twitter (like he did two days ago). lol

They haven't done anything interesting with Sakura since her inception. Maybe that will change with SF5..
I always found her fun to play.

Regarding her look, I'm confident it'll be something new and fresh.

They made Akuma, one of the most prolific SF characters, into a sunflower so every character can get a shakeup.

I'm convinced they'll give Sakura a new look if only because that way they can sell her original design as a Nostalgia costume. No way they'd leave that easy money on the table.

Pompadour

I always found her fun to play.

Regarding her look, I'm confident it'll be something new and fresh.

They made Akuma, one of the most prolific SF characters, a sunflower so every character can get a shakeup.

I think the only thing preventing Sakura from having her schoolgirl outfit as her default is because Capcom can sell it as a $4 nostalgia costume.

Sneakers keeps saying to look forward to 2018. One day we will get the details.

I've actually given a few people deets. I'm not some bank vault.

Yes, lots is still coming. Capcom is obviously enjoying the digital attach the game is having, considering they are actually pumping more money into the game's ongoing production. And ESports has been a fantastic success for the game. Personally, I think public sentiment will come around with some of the most requested modes & characters finally hit the game.

If there isn't at least one newcomer in S3 I'll be upset.

We need two per season, with 4 vets.

I've actually given a few people deets. I'm not some bank vault.

Yes, lots is still coming. Capcom is obviously enjoying the digital attach the game is having, considering they are actually pumping more money into the game's ongoing production. And ESports has been a fantastic success for the game. Personally, I think public sentiment will come around with some of the most requested modes & characters finally hit the game.

Oy.

Scotia

Banned
As long as Sakura has costume similar to this;

SKR2.jpg

then I'm good

I can smell the eventhubs article already.

LOL I mean - no big esport game has gone unchanged year to year. Heck, REAL sports don't go unchanged. Saying that there are gameplay changes inbound is an absolute no brainer. Gameplay additions are on their way too, and I believe that was the question Spoiler was truly asking me.

Top Bottom