• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Pompadour

People can see wonky hit boxes with or without viewers

That's what I mean. Giving info to players that they might not understand out of context and will piss them off isn't an excuse to keep out a requested feature. There's going to be a video of Twitter of point blank grabs whiffing regardless.

It may be a slow-to-adapt Japanese dev thing. Remember when button settings weren't press to set for every game despite that clearly being the superior method?

ElFly

That's what I mean. Giving info to players that they might not understand out of context and will piss them off isn't an excuse to keep out a requested feature. There's going to be a video of Twitter of point blank grabs whiffing regardless.

It may be a slow-to-adapt Japanese dev thing. Remember when button settings weren't press to set for every game despite that clearly being the superior method?

to be fair, buttons were press to set until, I think, Alpha 2

Alpha 3 onwards fucked it up

I'm at a point where I just need to start formulating gameplans with Abby. I like him a lot, but I need to start getting that big damage and learning when I can punish. Since he's slower than most characters I have to get used to it.

Blueblur1

Abigeiru-kun*. Jesus man, if you're gonna weeb do it right.

Sorry, I'm still new. Teach me senpai.

giphy.gif

Bob White

Hey guys

Capcom bringing it full circle. Turning the game into what comes naturally to people when they first pick it up.

RjtR9XH.gif

"We felt that since mashing is intuitive to the core essence of Street Fighter, we should design a game in which mashing truly is the highest level of execution, tactics, and game play."

FluxWaveZ

A very early comparison chart of Abigail MU performance with Poongko on the left, me on the right. I was going to include Valle and Itazan as well, but they haven't played enough for it to be relatively worthwhile.

Again, it's very early. But, if I were to say what Abby's top 3 MUs are, it would be:

1. Cammy
2. Birdie
3. Urien (and I'm not entirely sure why)

The worst would be:

1. Guile
2. Dhalsim
3. Akuma or Rashid

The Nash number intrigued me. Despite it seeming like a bad MU on paper, what I said before seems to have proved true for both of us, for now: we've both done well against him thus far. What I think are Abby's two big weaknesses right now: characters with good mobility AND fire balls, as well as characters with good and possibly deceptive AIR mobility.

Imma go in Training mode more instead of grinding out matches to figure some stuff out. Never thought I'd take to this character like I have.

Necalli could have been so cool... shame.

When he was first announced I thought he was going to stand up right and fight less feral. Like some demon took over his body and he was now actually smarter than he was. Instead he was pretty much the same.

Then he became a jobber.

A very early comparison chart of Abigail MU performance with Poongko on the left, me on the right. I was going to include Valle and Itazan as well, but they haven't played enough for it to be relatively worthwhile.

Again, it's very early. But, if I were to say what Abby's top 3 MUs are, it would be:

1. Cammy
2. Birdie

The worst would be:

1. Guile
2. Dhalsim
3. Akuma or Rashid

The Nash number intrigued me. Despite it seeming like a bad MU on paper, what I said before seems to have proved true for both of us, for now: we've both done well against him thus far. What I think are Abby's two big weaknesses right now: characters with good mobility AND fire balls, as well as characters with good and possibly deceptive AIR mobility.

Imma go in Training mode more instead of grinding out matches to figure some stuff out. Never thought I'd take to this character like I have.
This is really surprising. Why do you think you're doing so well against Nash?

JusDoIt

When he was first announced I thought he was going to stand up right and fight less feral. Like some demon took over his body and he was now actually smarter than he was. Instead he was pretty much the same.

Then he became a jobber.

Capcom kept saying he had a "hidden genius" when promoting him.

That genius is still hiding.

Marvel

could never
But he's popular and people think he's cool?
Not in the story he aint, as a character he got the Jack Swagger treatment.

Ofc this just my opinion, I like the way he looks and plays but damn does he look like a loser after the story.

HardRojo

The Deluxe edition was on sale for 40$ just a few weeks ago, now THAT deal was legitimately good. Base game + S1 + S2.
Yeah, I'm waiting for that deal to be up again so that I can finally play SFV without the disc. I already bought the S1 pass, but for $40 it's hard to pass on the whole package.

FluxWaveZ

This is really surprising. Why do you think you're doing so well against Nash?

Nash doesn't have a multi-hitting fireball, and his normal one isn't that great on its own (its strength usually comes from Nash following behind it for an offense), unlike say Guile or a shoto. So Abby can patiently deal with the individual fireballs, while carefully moving forward. Or he can armor through them with his run, and have less to worry about because Nash won't often be using meter to throw 2 EX fireballs at neutral.

No reversal defense options means Abby can do whatever he wants once he's in.

Shadoken

The Nash number intrigued me. Despite it seeming like a bad MU on paper, what I said before seems to have proved true for both of us, for now: we've both done well against him thus far. .

It could also be the player skill. There arent really any Master Nash apart from Bonchan and Infil. So maybe the Nash players you are fighting are lower skill than the other characters you are facing?

Nash also isnt really good until you really optimize your stuff and are on point. Unlike a character like say Guile who is more prevalent in the higher ranks and also easier to play.

No reversal defense options means Abby can do whatever he wants once he's in.

Actually this is probably what really makes it harder lol. Doesnt help that his V reversal is kinda useless against abigail.

What was his point and role in the story again?

He is just there so Ryu has something to do , until he eventually saves the day.

FluxWaveZ

It could also be the player skill. There arent really any Master Nash apart from Bonchan and Infil. So maybe the Nash players you are fighting are lower skill than the other characters you are facing?

There's that, and also why the MU chart certainly isn't anything conclusive, eespecially at this point. The Nash players I face usually aren't that high up in rank relative to others I fight.

1. Cammy
2. Birdie

The worst would be:

1. Guile
2. Dhalsim
3. Akuma or Rashid

What makes the Urien matchup so good? Birdie has to work super hard to get things started, but I always thought Gief would be way more free for Abigail.

In my experiences, Alex has a bad time against Abigail.
It definitely seems like the other way around. Alex has incredible oki pressure, and Abby might have one of the worst wakeups in the game.

Everyone is complaining about Laura's St.MK blockstun, and I'm here crying on the blockstun on Rashd's light mixer.
That isn't really bad because it's obvious when he mashes for the punishable one.

Top Bottom