• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

It definitely seems like the other way around. Alex has incredible oki pressure, and Abby might have one of the worst wakeups in the game.

That isn't really bad because it's obvious when he mashes for the punishable one.
Alex only has incredible oki pressure in a few circumstances

Nash doesn't have a multi-hitting fireball, and his normal one isn't that great on its own (its strength usually comes from Nash following behind it for an offense), unlike say Guile or a shoto. So Abby can patiently deal with the individual fireballs, while carefully moving forward. Or he can armor through them with his run, and have less to worry about because Nash won't often be using meter to throw 2 EX fireballs at neutral.

No reversal defense options means Abby can do whatever he wants once he's in.

Makes sense. These are the exact issues I have against Abby, though I am figuring out how to manage them. My biggest issue being that he has good tools to keep moving forward. His front flip move to get over projectiles is the main offender here. I still do well against him, I'd say 90% win rate, at my level of course.

FluxWaveZ

What makes the Urien matchup so good? Birdie has to work super hard to get things started, but I always thought Gief would be way more free for Abigail.

Again, not sure. I've seen some other Abigail players say the same, and I don't particularly feel powerful in the MU or anything. But I feel like Abigail can control a lot of what Urien does, so that might be it.

Zangief is still Zangief. If he gets in, it can be lights out. Abigail has trouble against characters with command grabs, because he has no reversal defensive options. His jump is extremely slow and telegraphed, so Abby players don't want to do that too much, especially when he can get AA'd when he jumps out of the corner when an opponent whiffs a throw, if they're quick enough.

I'd say that Gief vs. Abigail is similar to MIka vs. Gief, except Abigail doesn't have an invincible command grab.

Birdie has way more tools to deal with Abigail than Gief, that data confuses me.

I have an easier time dealing with Birdie as Abigail than I do against Zangief. He has worse air-to-ground jump-in capability, and one of Birdie's strengths—doing unsafe shit from good ranges that other characters can't really punish—is somewhat nullified by Abby's range.

Marvel

could never
Huh... Vega's pretty interesting in V.

Just sitting down with him properly now. Might put him in my pocket next to Cammy.

Edzi

It definitely seems like the other way around. Alex has incredible oki pressure, and Abby might have one of the worst wakeups in the game.

That isn't really bad because it's obvious when he mashes for the punishable one.

Lol, nice joke bro. Alex with good Oki? Lmfao

Edzi

Sure doesn't feel like he has bad oki when he's just swinging his arm in your face after a knockdown.

Learn the matchup and you'll see that most of what you're getting hit by is fake. He's only got decent oki off of like two things, most require meter, and even then he'll immediately lose advantage and reset to neutral afterwards.

Everyone is complaining about Laura's St.MK blockstun, and I'm here crying on the blockstun on Rashd's light mixer.

This is the only move that's negative on block that I will mash DP against. I still can't It's just old news though, complaining Laura's st. MK is the hot thing right now.

Vice

Does anyone play Ed in here or have any tips/guides for him? Started messing around with him at a local last week and he's a ton of fun.

Birdie has way more tools to deal with Abigail than Gief, that data confuses me.

Again, not sure. I've seen some other Abigail players say the same, and I don't particularly feel powerful in the MU or anything. But I feel like Abigail can control a lot of what Urien does, so that might be it.

Zangief is still Zangief. If he gets in, it can be lights out. Abigail has trouble against characters with command grabs, because he has no reversal defensive options. His jump is extremely slow and telegraphed, so Abby players don't want to do that too much, especially when he can get AA'd when he jumps out of the corner when an opponent whiffs a throw, if they're quick enough.

I'd say that Gief vs. Abigail is similar to MIka vs. Gief, except Abigail doesn't have an invincible command grab.

I have an easier time dealing with Birdie as Abigail than I do against Zangief. He has worse air-to-ground jump-in capability, and one of Birdie's strengths—doing unsafe shit from good ranges that other characters can't really punish—is somewhat nullified by Abby's range.

Man I've just gotten lucky against these Giefs then. Birdie's haven't been too bad until they begin reading me like a book.

amazing

1BSIbDp.gif

Absolutely disgusting.....
I hate fighting this trash character AKA Laura....

DunpealD

-2 is basically +3 in this game

That really depends. I'm able to interrupt Ryu's 2 x st.MP, but that's only because I expect the first one. There are obviously also times where I miss the timing and get a CH instead.

The risk is always hitting your button too late, which was the case for Punk at that particular point. There are a myriad of reasons why he didn't interrupt it.

kirblar

SFV being a game that "plays like a 3D fighter" but with buttons that are far faster (and w/ more lag than SFIV) may be a design issue that needs to be addressed wholesale in a future revision.

Hey Edzi.

Hey.

Hey Edzi.

Alex is the best character in the game, it's the players not using him to his full po....... fuck I couldn't even get through that, Alex is trash of the lowest kind.

FluxWaveZ

I know man. I get triggered every time james chen is commentating a mov match and downplays how bad chun got nerfed

lol. That's every single time a rare Mika has made an appearance on stream since S2 started. There were commentators even talking about buffs she didn't even get (like people saying her st.HK was now 0 oB; had to tweet at Ultra David to tell him that didn't actually happen).

Top Bottom