• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

FluxWaveZ

Seriously, what the fuck is up with Crapcom? Why would you nerf passion press FURTHER? It's literally garbage now.

As Fchamp says. It's an extremely baffling nerf, if these notes are even correct at all. Mika players don't use this move at neutral: 8f startup (for a medium attack), -8 on block, 20 frames of RECOVERY.

What this means is that it will be harder to confirm into from st.MP. Sometimes now, when you do CH st.LP > st.MP, you're too far from the opponent to then clap them because of the nerfs it had already gotten. A hitbox reduction will mean that it'll be even harder. I already went for st.HP to avoid this scenario, and you'll see players like Luffy and even Fuudo sometimes miss the clap confirm because of this.

I was checking Dhalsim's current st.HP and it's 16f startup, 5f active and 22f recovery. A total of 43 frames, right? So why does the blog post say 44f?

You can't test throw invulnerability off of knockdown. Literally everyone always has frames 1 and 2 of their wakeup throw invulnerable. You have to test off a tick grab or something.

Right! That was the asterisk back when I posted about it; I forgot about that. Balrog players are apparently saying that it was still throw invul on frame 1, though? Maybe I'll try it out in a bit.

joe2187

Banned
Like literally why.......

The original Nerf was fine, but the move is going to be completely useless by now.

Just fucking remove it at this point since it's nothing at all like it was since the game launched now.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;238041240 said:
Damn. I shouldn't have splurged on new colors and a stupid profile theme.

At least with the 50k bonus I shouldn't need much more to buy both the Spain and Thailand stage, and I should still have some trials left to finish for extra FM. But my save-game also got overwritten recently, so I am not sure what I have beaten already.

I just need to do it before the 30th, so that I can grab them on day 1. Not taking any chances this time.

Hmm I'm in a pickle. I'm not sure if I should buy both the Thailand and Spain stage with FM or just one stage (both are so good damn it!) and ED. I'll probably see how Spain stage pans out before I make a decision.

FluxWaveZ

Like literally why.......

The original Nerf was fine, but the move is going to be completely useless by now.

Just fucking remove it at this point since it's nothing at all like it was since the game launched now.

It should really just be a target combo starting from st.MP.

Kikirin

You can't test throw invulnerability off of knockdown. Literally everyone always has frames 1 and 2 of their wakeup throw invulnerable. You have to test off a tick grab or something.
Can't really test off a tick grab either - 2f throw invul is there off of blockstun too.

MCD250

I remember reading that back when the game was in development, one of the ideas they had for Vega's V-Trigger was to have him summon a cage wall that he could climb.

I guess they've been thinking about making Vega climb shit for a minute.

Wallach

So my guess is that actually all of these are older patch note corrections / clarifications from the original S2 patch and not new changes. Not sure about Dhalsim's notes but Passion Press did get a hitbox reduction in the S2 changes that wasn't listed. Edit - whoops I was looking at s.HK instead of s.HP for Dhalsim. So I'm not sure about his notes listed here, but I would still wager that they did not make any actual adjustments since the original notes for this patch and these are all corrections.

MCD250

So I guess these are just notes that they neglected to include in the original 92 page document that detailed the S2 changes?

capcpom-logo.png

To follow up my previous post, file 005 seems to be the original S2.0 patch, since the cancels change for 5HP. And that is also the first file where the number of frames change to 42. So that would further suggest that these are simply old changes that were not listed when S2.0 was released.

HardRojo

Lol, I guess I shouldn't have expected much from this update. Also, please only ban the stage if one of the players is using Vega, I hate having these stages that can't be used in competitive play.

Why is everybody talking about banning the Vega stage? Just let the Vega players jump off the wall for god's sake. Who cares if Vega players always have to use the same stage.

myco666

Vega stage could just have competitive variant as a toggle that removes the wallclimb. Doesn't the new update come with a tournament mode? Or something that lets you set what stages random gives.

Vega stage could just have competitive variant as a toggle that removes the wallclimb. Doesn't the new update come with a tournament mode? Or something that lets you set what stages random gives.

Options? Quality of Life additions?

Capcom is not a fan of that.

MCD250

A new idea for a stage. It's a variation of Rashid's plane, still flying over Dubai, except now there's a pool on it (because Rashid is rich, so he has a pool on his plane) so you're fighting in the water like in Karin's beach. The pool is also surrounded by a protective net (because safety first) that Vega can climb.

A new idea for a stage. It's a variation of Rashid's plane, still flying over Dubai, except now there's a pool on it (because Rashid is rich, so he has a pool on his plane) so you're fighting in the water like in Karin's beach. The pool is also surrounded by a protective net (because safety first) that Vega can climb.
You mad scientist, you.

Oh sorry forgot this is Capcom. Spain stage probably gets removed due to having Italian singing in the BGM.

Portugese*

Wallach

Why would the vega stage be banned? I mean its not that much different than V-Trigger EX Devil Reverse.

It's a fair question for Vega players. It's basically an option that they either have to choose a particular stage to have access to, or - more likely for tournament play - would only get via random select. If it has literally any value to Vega at all they're going to want to be able to use it rather than not. Won't be surprised if this stage is not allowed at CPT events.

MrCarter

Yep it does. I think you can select which stages you want in "random select". As for the wall climb, I think it's a nice little feature that makes that stage unique in comparison to the others. Surprised Capcom even put it in, even going as far as re-animating Vega for that specific climb. Good stuff.

Rymuth

Adding new animations is what I love about this game - makes it feel like it's growing alongside us.

Everyone's gonna get stronger as time goes by.

Except F.A.N.G. - he's gonna be left behind

Adding new animations is what I love about this game - makes it feel like it's growing alongside us.

Everyone's gonna get stronger as time goes by.

Except F.A.N.G. - he's gonna be left behind
The world isn't ready for my Kolin so F.A.N.G will have to make do.

But I've made plans. I've made preparations.

MCD250

I wouldn't mind getting Cammy's English countryside from SFII back, although that's probably one of the more forgettable stages from that game. Vega, Bison, Balrog, Sagat and Guile probably had the most memorable stages, and all of them are in the game by now save for Sagat's (but then it'd be pretty weird for his stage to make it in when he himself hasn't).

Well, I liked Chun's Chinese street a lot too, but it's probably too similar to the China stage that's in the game now.

Top Bottom