• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

jett

D-Member
Holy shit. They re-use all those assets from 3 and the roster is even smaller than 3? How is that possible?

At least SFV's roster of 16 wasn't pasted together from SF4 assets.

Capcom will fix the balance by reverting to S1 next season.

Honestly I'm not seeing the assets reuse. The models they've shown look different.

Anyway, I'm not surprised Capcom is keeping it light budget-wise, i.e. "low" roster count.* At least it exists!

*Personally I think 28 characters is a lot. People should learn to have realistic expectations.

MCD250

The next female DLC character appears in Ed's character story. She looks Egyptian.

lQLOcIc.jpg
Looks kinda cool. Hopefully the clothing will animate nicely.

Sayad

I'm fine with 28, just fix the faces.

New female looks cool, but are we forever stuck with the original stages for story content so no one get left behind?

Injustice isn't a team game.

People expect larger rosters from team games than they do 1v1.

Being a team game doesn't make creating each character any less costly.

Creating a character doesn't suddenly take less time/money/resources because it's a team game.

In fact, being a team game probably makes it harder to create characters, because balancing must be a nightmare.

Ryce

Ucchedavāda;238604904 said:
Based on this teaser, I think that the lady next to Ed is one of the remaining characters (see 2nd to last):
That's fan-made. Those aren't real silhouettes.

HardRojo

Honestly I'm not seeing the assets reuse. The models they've shown look different.

Anyway, I'm not surprised Capcom is keeping it light budget-wise, i.e. "low" roster count.* At least it exists!

*Personally I think 28 characters is a lot. People should learn to have realistic expectations.

Not the models per se, but the attack animations. If you played MvC3/UMvC3 for a good while you could instantly tell they were reusing animations for some of the characters like Hulk and Thor. Heck, I think even Ultron had a couple of animations borrowed from other characters in there.

Top Bottom