• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

FluxWaveZ

Ggs Flux...

I see Abigail has some nice tricks up his sleeve. Hard to play passive against him since one mistake can kill you lol. He does seem weaker to Knockdowns and corner pressure than most of the cast though.

GGs. Playing on Training mode made it better than last time, but I guess there's nothing much that can be done for our connection due to the distance.

I'm used to no defense on KD, playing Mika. Dealing with FBs can be a bit troublesome with Abigail, though. I need to experiment more with b.HP cancels to see how I can properly advance in the neutral. Probably need to rely more on flips that aren't close enough to be clipped by the opponent.

Marvel

could never
Reply with a smiley face.
5l8wcauy

Smiley face? Bruh I'll give him a replay of the buss ass lol. But seriously, to get so angry you message a stranger lol

Order

The only hate mail I got was someone beating me and then telling me that my Ryu was garbage

This was the first week of the game

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have a feeling that E. Honda and his SF2 stage might be added to SFV via Season 3. It's just a nagging feeling that I had for few days.

joe2187

Banned
I'll agree with E Hondas bath house stage, and the fact that Honda is indeed poo poo.

Just add in more final fight characters and stages.

GGs. Playing on Training mode made it better than last time, but I guess there's nothing much that can be done for our connection due to the distance.

I'm used to no defense on KD, playing Mika. Dealing with FBs can be a bit troublesome with Abigail, though. I need to experiment more with b.HP cancels to see how I can properly advance in the neutral. Probably need to rely more on flips that aren't close enough to be clipped by the opponent.
lol yeah, this is the best it'll get between two counties.

Next time I'll try out my Akuma, that should be interesting since it's like one touch from Abby should kill Gouki

FluxWaveZ

lol yeah, this is the best it'll get between two counties.

Next time I'll try out my Akuma, that should be interesting since it's like one touch from Abby should kill Gouki

I do get some really good connections against some U.S. players, actually. Always depends where they're from, though.

I won't play an extended set as Abigail vs. Akuma, haha. I'd play Guile or something in that situation.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
With the amount of effort it takes to get through the menus to send hate mail, you know when someone does it they really mean it.

Marvel

could never
All we need is Honda, Blanka and Sagat to complete the set.
Maaan, do we have to have that furry green pos?
With the amount of effort it takes to get through the menus to send hate mail, you know when someone does it they really mean it.
So true lol, it was a little bit of a comeback so yeah he was pissed. I can honestly say in all my years gaming online I have never searched out and rage messaged anyone. Too lazy even I have been salty.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I've convinced myself that he's going to be a ghost stand user, and I'm going to be upset when I'm wrong.

I did this about ed being a keep-away boxer with a psycho-power stand. gonna hitch my wagon to this new unfounded stand user hype train if you don't mind.

Ryce

What makes you think that? Is there something in his lore that suggests that?
The latest update has information for four new NPCs in the vein of Nadeshiko, and it seems too early to start prepping season three characters. I'm thinking either Extra Battle is coming with enemies beyond the story mode cast or that Zeku will be a summoner -- in which case, utilizing the spirits of the 37 deceased Bushinryu masters makes sense to me. There'd certainly be no mistaking him for Guy.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
All we need is Honda, Blanka and Sagat to complete the set.

Why not? Season 3: Sagat, Sakura, E. Honda, Sodom, Blanka, Hakan

I just realized that Hakan didn't even get his own home stage in SFIV so hopefully we would get Hakan and his home stage. Honestly, I have a doubt that Hakan would make in this game despite he would fit in this game very well.

I've convinced myself that he's going to be a ghost stand user, and I'm going to be upset when I'm wrong.

You! I'm going to blame you if it didn't happens. (I wouldn't anyway but it would be intriguing to see this to happens)

The latest update has information for four new NPCs in the vein of Nadeshiko, and it seems too early to start prepping season three characters. I'm thinking either Extra Battle is coming with enemies beyond the story mode cast or that Zeku will be a summoner -- in which case, utilizing the spirits of the 37 deceased Bushinryu masters makes sense to me. There'd certainly be no mistaking him for Guy.

What if those assets are for Story Mode #2? Well, they probably already worked on Season 3 characters at the moment since they always works on assets in advance.

KingBroly

Banned
So now that Menat is out, this means that content will pick up, right?

It's obvious they put more effort into making her than any character they've done so far

JusDoIt

So now that Menat is out, this means that content will pick up, right?

It's obvious they put more effort into making her than any character they've done so far

I'm not sure how obvious that is. She's the most popular, for good reason, but it doesn't seem like their process was any different for Menat than the other DLC characters.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know about that. Menat's got some cool unique touches like unique dialogue based on super input or Perfect round win animations, but Abigail has built-in taunts and animations after the end of a lot of his moves.

That sounds really cool.

I usually don't care for stand users but I'll hop on your wagon. I would be disappointed if he was just a slightly modified Guy.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm not sure how obvious that is. She's the most popular, for good reason, but it doesn't seem like their process was any different for Menat than the other DLC characters.

I don't know about that. Menat's got some cool unique touches like unique dialogue based on super input or Perfect round win animations, but Abigail has built-in taunts and animations after the end of a lot of his moves.

Animations, easter eggs and the complexity of her moveset. They put A LOT of effort into her that isn't really found in other characters.

Top Bottom