• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

It was always unlikely that we would have two characters in 2 months so I’m not sure why people are over reacting. If anything, I think we’ll have a blog post for whatever is coming (like costumes/stages) in the maintenance on Tuesday. Or..it’s simply maintenance.

I'm not overreacting but I would be really surprised if Zeku doesn't come out until the end of October. I can deal with early October, but late October means the character might be a no show in the Capcom Pro Tour.

Coming out in late October means that he would only be allowed in two tournaments, NA Regional Finals and Capcom Cup. And I don't think a qualified player would pull out a 2 week to 1 month old Zeku in two of the biggest money tournaments of the year. Is Capcom really have OK with their newest character having very little to possibly no presence in their Pro Tournament series?

Ryce

Have we received any content this month? I think every month this season had something even if it was just costumes.
We didn't get anything in January or March.

December 20 - Akuma, Temple of Ascension
February 28 - Kolin
April 25 - Temple Hideout, school costumes, work costumes, CPT costumes
May 30 - Ed, Flamenco Tavern
June 27 - more school costumes
July 25 - Abigail, Metro City Bay Area, Suzaku Castle, Ring of Pride, nostalgia costumes, sports costumes
August 29 - Menat, 30th anniversary costumes

MrCarter

Was at the EGX final today, good stuff.

I didn't enter the tournament, but a lot of my friends from the FGC in Brighton did. Although they won a few matches, none of them made it out of pools. I gave Daniel Dillips a place to crash for the weekend - he's one of the better Rashids in the UK (often regarded as second best, behind Brian) but he went 1-2 in Pools, I was a little disappointed for him, but he seemed happy all the same.

Everyone seemed to have a good time in fact, despite none of them making it out of pools, they all seemed to enjoy their matches, win or lose. I was busy playing other stuff most of the time, Mario Oddysey and other big titles were available to play at the show, so it was a good event all round, but I may try and enter next year. I need to practice and focus more on the game. Daniel has said he'd drive me to some local tournaments if I'm interested in participating.

Ah nice I was there too! The atmosphere was electric. I met Mago after he lost out and got 9th place, he looked disappointed so I gave him a little chin up and said better luck next time - to which he replied “Yes, China!”. Most of the international players were great sports which is why I thought it was a shame when hardly anyone responded positively or clapped when they won their respective sets. I guess that’s what happens when you are the away team lol.

I managed to play DBFZ too and it looks visually great in real life and plays chaotically. I didnt even know that if you charge Ki it will also charge up your super bars infinitely which makes this game absolutely manic. Other stuff I tried was Ni No Kuni 2 and LOT of indie games as the lines are far shorter or non existent. Great event, definitely interested in going again next year.

MCD250

I know people complained about Marvel moving from 3 on 3 to 2 on 2, but I feel like if it was 3 on 3 PLUS had the infinity gems the game would basically be impossible to follow.

kirblar

I know people complained about Marvel moving from 3 on 3 to 2 on 2, but I feel like if it was 3 on 3 PLUS had the infinity gems the game would basically be impossible to follow.
Marvel flipping from 2v2 to 3v3 with each gen would be a good idea to keep it fresh.

Blueblur1

Every single character released this year has had Capcom straight up TELLING us when they would reveal them.

I don't know why this obvious pattern is so hard for people to grasp.

Dude, what are you talking about? We had to wait nearly two months to hear about Kolin. Abigail was held for EVO in July without a word from Capcom.

Stop being a Capcom apologist for at least a minute.

Capcom hasn't updated the rankings yet but SRK has. These 9 guys are within 100 points of each other with 31 being the cut off for qualifying for Capcom Cup. I think everybody above Mago definitely makes it in. I think even Mago makes it as well even if he doesn't earn another point but I'd definitely still be pretty worried if I were him.

tsl0o2S.png

There are 6 tournaments left that award points, 3 of them are Premier events though so hypothetically someone way below that list could still win 1st place and jump all those guys. One of them happens to be a online event only for the US East Coast so basically there are only 5 events left that everybody can enter no matter where they're from to try and earn those crucial points in the final month.

Ah nice I was there too! The atmosphere was electric. I met Mago after he lost out and got 9th place, he looked disappointed so I gave him a little chin up and said better luck next time - to which he replied ”Yes, China!". Most of the international players were great sports which is why I thought it was a shame when hardly anyone responded positively or clapped when they won their respective sets. I guess that's what happens when you are the away team lol.

I managed to play DBFZ too and it looks visually great in real life and plays chaotically. I didnt even know that if you charge Ki it will also charge up your super bars infinitely which makes this game absolutely manic. Other stuff I tried was Ni No Kuni 2 and LOT of indie games as the lines are far shorter or non existent. Great event, definitely interested in going again next year.

Neat! Were you just spectating too, or did you enter?

And yeah, it was really good fun. I played Dragon Ball too, and quite liked that, but I played against my fiance and she isn't much for competition. I didn't try Ni No Kuni since I thought it wouldn't be likely that it would surprise me with how it played, so I'm happy to wait till release but I did give Monster Hunter a go, and yeah I played most of the indies also.

I think in general the indy lineup was a little disappointing for me. Normally I'm drawn to competitive games or roguelikes, but there wasn't much of that.

As for SFV, top 8 was amazing and as a Rashid player it was good to see Gachikun playing in person. I made a fair amount of notes from the matches, going to be putting more time in just due to how much fun everyone seemed to have.

Blueblur1

X-Kira was right.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...-stage-and-music-packs-available-september-26

New Street Fighter V costumes, stage, and music packs available September 26!
Sep25

05ab8288f2c0ea9d5ac53cab3d089376.jpg

Summer may be over, but there's plenty of ways to welcome in fall. From new school and Halloween costumes, to a majestic English Manor, check out the new content that will be available in Street Fighter V on September 26.

da57f93b91c17348110798aae217e7da.jpg

39e798145c861168b5da918e7d27fa05.jpg

9b4d71a99f55660df984d536928cbd27.jpg

It's back to school season and the start of a new academic year. Cammy, Menat, and Ed are prepared to walk the school grounds in their scholarly attire – hopefully, not looking for too much of a fight. Let these costumes remind you to always stay in school!

2166f146b487a5d06c9fc53bfd51bf01.jpg

Cammy also has two additional costumes from her past that will be available for purchase. The Dolls Costume harkens back to her days as one of the brainwashed bodyguards for M. Bison, a point in time Cammy has battled with since she broke free from his control.

b436d77e7b3c5a23cd8a4861a7bbb014.jpg

The Nostalgia Costume was Cammy's alternate outfit from Street Fighter IV, and is now being brought over into Street Fighter V. Just in time for the cold weather to begin!

41726be31180c073461090ba6aaf21bf.jpg

Chun-Li has three new costumes for all walks of life designed by Akiman. As an INTERPOL agent, Chun-Li often finds herself going undercover to take down Shadaloo.

869a75d1d231a0a4696ed801208b44e3.jpg

When Chun-Li has time for a vacation, you may see her in this relaxing outfit. Don't let the flip flops fool you, her lightning legs are still as deadly as ever.

234598265aa2ef97c0a7684bb45015b1.jpg

Though she spends most of her time keeping the peace, even Chun-Li needs sleep to recover for the tough trials to come. Bring her sleepwear into battle to become your opponent's worst nightmare.

b530b0c6054237ac4aea30e3c5104f14.jpg

3943c740867ce4362f2580435a6dea4a.jpg

05ab8288f2c0ea9d5ac53cab3d089376.jpg

e74946603d8d39503c96f11e0c3c94f2.jpg

3facee975cd77e4347442e8704a35fb7.jpg

The spookiest month of them all is upon us, which means more Halloween Costumes to bring in the fright for Dhalsim, M. Bison, Urien, Birdie, and F.A.N.G! We've got a mummy, a demon, a sibling doppelganger (for all you Gill fans), a butcher, and a mad scientist to make your opponent cower in fear.

2016 Halloween Costume Bundle - If you missed last year's Halloween Costumes, they're back again this year with the option to buy them all in one bundle! Last year's costumes consisted of Alex, Cammy, Nash, Necalli, Juri, Ryu, and Vega. All of these can also be purchased individually. The Spooky Arena stage is included in the bundle, as well!

New Stage: English Manor - This castle overlooks a sweeping landscape with the Northern Lights hovering up above. It'll take all your willpower to not be distracted by the beauty of this picturesque stage. You can purchase the English Manor with 70,000 Fight Money or $3.99/ €3.99.

Background Music Packs – These packs will add a personal touch to every battle, especially since music can change how you approach each fight. If you're feeling nostalgic, there's a Street Fighter II version available!

You can pick up the new costumes on PlayStation 4 and Steam for $3.99/ €3.99 each starting on September 26.

As always, make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest Street Fighter V news.

CAMMY'S STAGE AAAAAH

NEW DESIGN FOR KILLER BEE AAAAAH

SCHOOLGIRL CAMMY AAAAHHH

SFIV ALT CAMMY AAAAAAAH

AAAAHHHH

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Cammy got spoiled this month.

LakeEarth

Well that Halloween update will shorten the list of season 1 characters that only have 3 costumes down to Balrog and ... is that it?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
They revealed all the costumes. Literally all of them.

WTF is this supposed to be though

kGrQP7f.jpg

Yeah this is hilariously bad compared most of these other ones.

Is that devil Alex? Why does that trash character get two god-tier halloween costumes and Ken gets nothing to cover his shame?

Are those Akiman costumes for Chun that were announced a million years ago still coming? Because these ain't them. Interpol Chun is great though.

Devid905

Well, at least X-Kira was right about Cammy stage and the Halloween costume pack DLC. He missed the mark on the release date for Zeku, though.

Top Bottom