• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Blueblur1

Here are some datamining updates from X-Kira.

6 more Chun costumes means the list is legit! lol

MrCarter

Waifu Fighter. All you fgc people need to accept it. SF is now just as much a waifu fighter as DOA. Just team Ninja has better designers of their art and dlc.

One (or two) popular female characters get more costumes than the rest and now it’s suddenly waifu fighter. Pipe down lol.

Also it’s hilarious Chun is getting 6 more costumes after we just got 3 haha. Must be spread out across the year though.

I want this game to be Waifu fighter. I've already spent more money on costumes in DoA5:LR, a game that I've never played online, than I have in over 1.5 years of SFV.

Meanwhile here I am putting legitimate, lengthy thought into whether I should spend the $6 i got from selling Steam cards on Nostalgia Juri, one of Cammy's new costumes, or the Halloween bundle.

For the record, the only money I've put into SFV other than the game itself (and the stick if that counts) was on SP2. SFV is the game I've probably put the second most time on out of any game in my life (~500hrs, beat by what I assume must be like 700 in TTT2).

What's the problem with spending money on something you enjoy?
With 500h it's honestly pretty weird to me you're hesitant to spend even a little bit.

SCOTIA GODDAMN IT
mrw-my-computer-shuts-down-out-of-nowhere-24442.gif
That "goddam it" reminds me of the first track in Perturbator's I am the night album for some reason. Now I've gone and done something stupid.
I don't have to tell you things are bad.
Everybody knows things are bad.
It's a Fang costume depression.
Everybody's out of fight money or scared of losing their buffs.
4.99 doesn't buy a bundle's worth, online monsters are going bust, Akuma players keep a gun under the counter.
Punk's Karin is running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to the standing light kicks
We know the air is unfit to jump in and our Ryu players unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local Capcom rep tells us that today we had fifteen Cammy Costumes and sixty-three Chun-Li outfits, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.
We know things are bad - worse than bad.
They're crazy.
It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go to our locals anymore.
We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my arcade stick and my monitor and my steel-chassis gaming laptop and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone.
I want you to get salty!
I don't want you to protest.
I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your Combofiend because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write.
I don't know what to do about the DLC character impressions and the Chun costume inflation and the balancing and the frauds in the street.
All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
You've got to say, 'I'm a FANG PLAYER, God damn it!My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now.
I want all of you to get up out of your chairs.
I want you to get up right now and go to the window.
Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M as mad as hell, and I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change.
But first, you've gotta get mad!...
You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the fight money depression and Infiltration and the Hakan oil crisis.
But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M as mad as hell, and I'M not going to take this anymore!"
I should whip myself for mangling the amazing lyrics lol

LakeEarth

When you make the wrong choices but God got you.

Twice now with Alex, I've won a round trying to dash forward then c.lk, but my opponent jumped forward, and my c.lk somehow turned into an autocorrect light rising knee antiair. I think I must've hit downback twice going for the c.lk, and it registered as an SRK shortcut the other direction.

Rymuth

Waifu Fighter. All you fgc people need to accept it. SF is now just as much a waifu fighter as DOA. Just team Ninja has better designers of their art and dlc.

Exactly lol. At least with DoA, they put in effort to make sure every characters gets a decent amount of costumes and that they're "fresh".
Not knocking DOA or anything but Sooooooo many of those costumes are just lingerie. Like, how many times did they rehash the ribbon motif?

joe2187

Banned

DOA costumes are nothing more than flimsy scraps of clothing and even then 70% of them are just fan service cross over costumes...with tons of cleavage.

I mean, they've got a shit ton of content but.....better designed? I'd like some of that DOA crack you been smoking.

Not knocking DOA or anything but Sooooooo many of those costumes are just lingerie. Like, how many times did they rehash the ribbon motif?
I dunno, I only bought the ones I liked for my characters and thought were well made *shrug*

DOA costumes are nothing more than flimsy scraps of clothing and even then 70% of them are just fan service cross over costumes...with tons of cleavage.

I mean, they've got a shit ton of content but.....better designed? I'd like some of that DOA crack you been smoking.
Fall back nerd.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
With 500h it's honestly pretty weird to me you're hesitant to spend even a little bit.
I'm definitely getting to that point where I'm like "why am I worrying about fight money and why am I agonizing over buying a stage or whatever?" This game has provided me the most value of any game that I can remember and, after 2 years of spending no additional cash on the game, I can buy a season pass if I feel like it.

If I played a bunch of characters and wanted costumes that attitude would get me in trouble but as a Ken player there's literally no threat of having to buy a costume.

Pompadour

I'm definitely getting to that point where I'm like "why am I worrying about fight money and why am I agonizing over buying a stage or whatever?" This game has provided me the most value of any game that I can remember and, after 2 years of spending no additional cash on the game, I can buy a season pass if I feel like it.

If I played a bunch of characters and wanted costumes that attitude would get me in trouble but as a Ken player there's literally no threat of having to buy a costume.

Yeah, I'm not excited that the costumes are 4x what they cost in SFxT (which was reasonable) but it has no impact on me at all. The constant updates in SFV keep me playing this game regularly and I'll eventually eclipse the amount of time spent playing SF4's various iterations in the next year. $4 here or there doesn't bug me at all.

I'm playing non-fighting games less and less so how I'm spending my money is even less of a concern because I'm spending less overall. After my big investment in a PS4 stick my money spent on videogames is way down and that's including how I buy nearly every fighting game and lots of DLC. SFV is long past the point where I'd wring my hands over buying DLC because I'd fear I may suddenly lose interest. That's definitely not the case.

SIX Chun-Li costumes
SIX

.....bruh

SFV is a Chun-Li fashion simulator now.

ShinMaruku

One (or two) popular female characters get more costumes than the rest and now it’s suddenly waifu fighter. Pipe down lol.

Also it’s hilarious Chun is getting 6 more costumes after we just got 3 haha. Must be spread out across the year though.

It was always waifu fighter, just in 5 they focused on the ass and called to it. Cammy never wore pants, Chun Li's stun animation always looked suspect, she has always had these outfits. It is just more out there now. Also looking on the reaction after Menat reveal and the reaction fans had and how she animates, you must admit game is quite fan service heavy.

Just the other one was an acceptable target because people had no intention of playing it.

Pompadour

It was always waifu fighter, just in 5 they focused on the ass and called to it. Cammy never wore pants, Chun Li's stun animation always looked suspect, she has always had these outfits. It is just more out there now. Also looking on the reaction after Menat reveal and the reaction fans had and how she animates, you must admit game is quite fan service heavy.

Just the other one was an acceptable target because people had no intention of playing it.

I think Capcom catered hard to the fanservice crowd. Between pre-release moon tits and nipples, bathing suit alts, all the women getting breast implants, and everything about R. Mika it's clear they're going in hard on dudes who drop $100 on anime statues. As much as I don't like a lot of those choices it may be keeping the game alive.

lupinko

Capcom has to fuck a good thing up.

No? Because the CPS1 songs are completely different than the CPS2 songs.

Basically all the WW characters present in the game now have the option to alternate or select a specific song. So basically I dumped all their SFV themes in favour of their SF2 CPS1 themes. GOAT Guile and Boxer themes all day every day from now on.

lupinko

They are likely going to release a CPS2 Super/ST music pack and I hope when they get to Alpha they can include or give the option to buy the Arranged Tracks because Nash Arranged Alpha 1 is GLORIOUS.

https://youtu.be/lVBjTC14VfM

And any future DLC characters in said music packs should be retroactively added but I doubt it since Capcom is hard up on money. Basically if they release say Sagat then I should get his CPS1 theme already.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ken's got the christmas pimp outfit and the dope CPT costume (which admittedly costs as much as three 2011 releases during a Steam sale) and now he's getting one more Ken [1]Yeah, slink back into your pit.

Tuxedo had me seriously considering it, but it's actually pretty dorky looking in action IMO. I especially don't like the alt version. The only Ken alternate costume I see in use regularly is the story costume. Ken is a failure as a DLC vehicle.

jett

D-Member
It's all for MOV.

MOV the gawd.

Chun Li was the first character I attempted to learn in this game. I had to give up because I obviously fucked up with this decision as a casual newb.

The only BGM packs I would buy are for 3S and EX3

In fact just give me EX3 right now.

With Arika's mystery game trailers using EX music in them, I wonder if they hold all rights for them.

MOV the gawd.

Chun Li was the first character I attempted to learn in this game. I had to give up because I obviously fucked up with this decision as a casual newb.

One would think a casual newb would have an easier time of it since she's so T-H-I-C-C and has a lot of eye candy. Liking your characters goes a long fucking way to enjoying the game, believe me.

I'm practically a kid in college with no income, minimal/no savings, and I hold onto money extremely tightly unless I feel like I absolutely need to spend it. In other words, I'm an Arab.
Can't mod me for that shit because my parents actually are Middle Eastern.

I'm not great at managing money, but at least I'm the kind of bad with money that lives uncomfortably because he's stingy rather than somebody who suffers because he throws it all away on shit he wants and doesn't have enough for what he needs.

I'm practically a kid in college with no income, minimal/no savings, and I hold onto money extremely tightly unless I feel like I absolutely need to spend it. In other words, I'm an Arab.
Can't mod me for that shit because my parents actually are Middle Eastern.
I'm Pakistani. Also a university student.

Go home in your Audi.

Top Bottom