• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I'm Pakistani. Also a university student.

Go home in your Audi.

Don't have a car at all.
abishrug.png

TakeYourHeart

Neo Member
Hi, everyone. Menat player here. I've been watching some high-level Menat matches lately and noticed GO1 and Sako converting st.MP (orb range) or a light attack into a full V-Trigger combo (MP and MK orbs hit to allow for a followup). I was able to replicate this in training mode by releasing the negative edge on MP and hitting st.MP immediately as the V-Trigger animation ends, but I'm having trouble getting the timing right.

My question is, to anyone who uses this combo, how do you usually do it? Is it really as difficult as what I described earlier? Because what I'm doing now essentially means I have to manually time the release of the MP button. Not to mention, the MK orb also needs a specific timing so I can move forward and combo (but this part is much easier).

Those new Cammy stage and costumes have me fiending to visit my girl even though Spider-Man is here now T_T

Shit looks super good. Played me like a nostalgic fiddle.

Teh Lurv

Tbh I'd be fine with more Chun costumes as long as they're better than the sleepwear outfit. Christ that costume is bad.

And yet that seems to be the only costume people are talking about in the comments of Reddit and Eventhubs. No accounting for taste I suppose.

UncleMeat

Welp I hurt my thumb tendon playing golf a few weeks ago and now I'm going to have to wear an immobilizing splint on my right thumb for a month. Do you guys who play stick think it'd be possible to play only using your four fingers on the right hind? I'm not going to buy one just borrow it from a friend so I guess it's worth a shot but just curious what you guys thought.

Teh Lurv

Welp I hurt my thumb tendon playing golf a few weeks ago and now I'm going to have to wear an immobilizing splint on my right thumb for a month. Do you guys who play stick think it'd be possible to play only using your four fingers on the right hind? I'm not going to buy one just borrow it from a friend so I guess it's worth a shot but just curious what you guys thought.

You should be able to use a stick as long as you're not going to aggravate your injury with the flexing of your other fingers. The only thing I use my thumb for is for pressing LP,LK to throw, but I know other players plank the throw command with their index & middle fingers.

Shadoken

6 more chun costumes? Really? ffs who is even buying these costumes.

I can understand if she gets twice or even thrice as many costumes as other chars. But she gets like 5-6 times as much.

Syntsui

6 more chun costumes? Really? ffs who is even buying these costumes.

I can understand if she gets twice or even thrice as many costumes as other chars. But she gets like 5-6 times as much.
Yeah, why would people keep buying these sexy clothes for this thick af hot girl I wonder. I can't understand this industry.

UncleMeat

You should be able to use a stick as long as you're not going to aggravate your injury with the flexing of your other fingers. The only thing I use my thumb for is for pressing LP,LK to throw, but I know other players plank the throw command with their index & middle fingers.

Throws is what I was concerned about most so I'll try that, thanks. It's definitely a bummer because I was finally feeling ready to play some ranked and move up but now I'm on the IR list. Oh well...

One less Ken online too...happy, haters?!

MrCarter

Thank GOD they fixed the battle lounge connection bars not showing up. I can finally play without having to refresh the damn page a dozen times. Now add region filters, text chat (fuck voice) and let us farm FM via the lounge too and we are good.

Tan

I want to buy the new Halloween costumes but there's no bundle. But now I know that a bundle will come for them next year. So I guess I'll just buy then next year.

lupinko

Thank GOD they fixed the battle lounge connection bars not showing up. I can finally play without having to refresh the damn page a dozen times. Now add region filters, text chat (fuck voice) and let us farm FM via the lounge too and we are good.

If not FM in the lounge, how about at least XP in the lounge?

MrCarter

Just now I went into a lobby with a couple people and as usual as soon as it started, spectating began. Now, usually when the spectating starts and the players are in their second round it annoyingly fast forwards through the ENTIRE first round, however now a small message pops up on the bottom left indicating the second round has started and it will sync up straight away. New feature? Either way it’s still nice to see.

If not FM in the lounge, how about at least XP in the lounge?

You guys basically want ranked lounge?

It’s just wishful thinking lol. XP sounds good but I think FM would be great getting more players in battle lounges.

Shadoken

Yeah, why would people keep buying these sexy clothes for this thick af hot girl I wonder. I can't understand this industry.

Oh wow... what insightful well thought-out replies.

I understand why she is getting more costumes smart ass , But shes getting more costumes than everyone else combined like in the last update? She isnt even among the top most played characters online , heck she is near the bottom. ( and dont bring up tiers , coz it was the same in S1 too ).
If this game had a lot of casual players still playing the game I could understand that there is a large userbase that is hardly playing online. But going by the numbers its mostly just the online players.

Unless people are just buying costumes and never playing as her? lol

remz

I understand why she is getting more costumes smart ass , But shes getting more costumes than everyone else combined in some updates? She isnt even among the top most played characters online , heck she is near the bottom. ( and dont bring up tiers , coz it was the same in S1 too ).
If this game had a lot of casual players still playing the game I could understand that there is a large userbase that is hardly playing online. But going by the numbers its mostly just the online players.

Unless people are just buying costumes and never playing as her?
lol

I buy her costumes and only really play her in casual.

The way I see it the reason she gets so many costumes is a.) She, alongside Ryu basically is Street Fighter, she's the First Lady of fighting games and the queen of Biffage

and b.) Akiman her original designer clearly drew them a fuckload of designs so why wouldn't they use em? Who's gonna say no to Akiman?

Shadoken

Are costumes like this for other big MP games too?

I play a lot of Dota , and the costumes there seem fairly balanced. A lot of the odd ball characters also get premium skins and what not. And its not soo skewed to wafus like how Cammy and Chun have more costumes than the rest of the cast combined.

I buy her costumes and only really play her in casual.

The way I see it the reason she gets so many costumes is a.) She, alongside Ryu basically is Street Fighter, she's the First Lady of fighting games and the queen of Biffage

and b.) Akiman her original designer clearly drew them a fuckload of designs so why wouldn't they use em? Who's gonna say no to Akiman?

Ahh This makes sense. Yea I see Akiman has a lot of love for the character.

I remember the only time Capcom showed any sales Data for Costumes was at Evo 2016. They said the Ken Alpha costume was the best selling one. And Ibuki was the most bought DLC char.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What is in the first music pack btw? I haven't looked up any details besides that they are gonna be a thing.

I'd love a 3s pack or Alpha 2 pack

kikiribu

I understand why she is getting more costumes smart ass , I meant are people really buying "6" times more Chun costumes that others? She isnt even among the top most played characters online , heck she is near the bottom. ( and dont bring up tiers , coz it was the same in S1 too ).

You underestimate time travel, Shadoken. They're from the future. Season 3 Chunbae is unstoppable. All these genius, immaculately detailed costumes she's received thus far is still not enough for how good she's going to be soon. Start stocking up, you won't regret it

I understand why she is getting more costumes smart ass , But shes getting more costumes than everyone else combined like in the last update? She isnt even among the top most played characters online , heck she is near the bottom. ( and dont bring up tiers , coz it was the same in S1 too ).

most people don't play online

most people don't play competitively

chun keeps getting costumes because they're selling, there's no reason to overthink it

Top Bottom