• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MCD250

Am looking forward to all the memes that the community will come up with using old/young Zeku. You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about, dad/daddy, etc.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Someone on Reddit wrote up almost all of the overlaps between Geki and the Striders.

Here's the one he forgot.
SmallFlamboyantImago-size_restricted.gif

Oh, hey, it's that guy from the Strider Citadel.

He's also missing the fact that his battle costume has a primitive Cypher and a climbing sickle.

Here's Zeku's full theme. And before you ask, yes, 1:44 (which is around the end of the theme before the loop) is a reference to Strider.

At this point, I'd be shocked if Zeku didn't lead to the creation of the Striders in some way.

That's some good-ass music.

Can Capcom outright just change the Strider story like that? They dont own Strider property right?

It's jointly owned, they don't need a license or whatever.
It's just copyright, which means they can do whatever the fuck they want, they don't even need to inform the other owners what they are doing cause it's not a patent or venture or whatever, just copyright.

How do we think Zeku shakes up the lore tier list?

Cody
Oro
Akuma
Gill
Ryu
Zeku?
Bison
Gen
Dhalsim
etc.

Out of that list?

In no order

Godly
True/Akuma, Gill, True Bison, Awakened Ryu, Oro

Demi-God
Ryu, Bison,

Stupidly Strong
Gen, Zeku?, Cody

Strong
Sim

The "Cody is da strongest" meme needs to end.

Neoxon

It's jointly owned, they don't need a license or whatever.
It's just copyright, which means they can do whatever the fuck they want, they don't even need to inform the other owners what they are doing cause it's not a patent or venture or whatever, just copyright.
Yeah, Moto Kikaku did was the Strider Hiryu manga, & they only really give Capcom a thumbs-up whenever they want to use Strider stuff in their games.

That reminds me, can we expect Moto Kikaku to be added to the copyright section of SFV?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Makoto would be a great pick although she isn't the kind of character you can sell multiple skimpy outfits for.

I'd like to see Gouken because he's a very mythical character in Street Fighter and his appearance in SF4 didn't really live up to his status. I'd also be happy with him not actually coming back to life because Akuma has been looking weak as shit with all the dudes he kills coming back to life.

I mean, you just give her a swimsuit or a school uniform (like she had in SFIV) and the people will come running.

I'd love to see her with a bit of a redesign, though. Like Ken with the sports top/under armour vest and gi tied around her waist.

Gouken I don't care how they do it, I just want him back. He was a surprise hit for me in IV. I love how different he feels from the other shotos. Love his slow, heavy-hitting combos. I'd also take Goutetsu as a brand new pick. Always had a thing for the "old master" characters.

How do we think Zeku shakes up the lore tier list?

Cody
Oro
Akuma
Gill
Ryu
Zeku?
Bison
Gen
Dhalsim
etc.

Guy beat him, so...either Guy needs to be godlike, or Zeku isn't that godlike.

But, I'd have a hard time thinking the presumed founder of the Striders would not be godlike.

Why the fuck you making tiers for a character that has canonically fought a single battle? At least wait until after playing his story.

So can we agree that Zeku's two forms should be known as O.Zeku and N.Zeku?
Y.Zeku. You call a younger person young, not new.

Edit: Sorry for DP

Guy beat him, so...either Guy needs to be godlike, or Zeku isn't that godlike.

But, I'd have a hard time thinking the presumed founder of the Striders would not be godlike.

I'd assume the alternatives are that Zeku let Guy win so that he could find his own non-Bushinryu path, or that Zeku's new non-Bushinryu style that leads to the Strider's could be more powerful than original recipe Bushinryu.

What annoys me is that the form that looks like a Strider is the one that uses Bushinryu while the one that looks just sorta random is the one with the Strider moves like Gram.

Edzi

What annoys me is that the form that looks like a Strider is the one that uses Bushinryu while the one that looks just sorta random is the one with the Strider moves like Gram.

Makes sense though. Older Zeku is the one who would have developed those techniques.

Shadoken

I'd assume the alternatives are that Zeku let Guy win so that he could find his own non-Bushinryu path, or that Zeku's new non-Bushinryu style that leads to the Strider's could be more powerful than original recipe Bushinryu.

Nah breh Zeku gotta hold dat L. Its a fight to the death for the title of Bushin Master. But apparently Zeku and Guy are the only two who let their Masters live.

Nah breh Zeku gotta hold dat L. Its a fight to the death for the title of Bushin Master. But apparently Zeku and Guy are the only two who let their Masters live.

He held it hard too. He caught that fade way back in Alpha 2 and is just now showing his face in society again.

JusDoIt

I mean, it makes sense tho. When Zeku was young he did Bushin things. Then Zeku got old and invented Strider things.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
He does, but it's a special move. I think only young Zeku has it though. It can be used as a combo ender if you use EX shoulder to set it up.

It was kind of hard to tell from the trailer if it was a ground to air aka wingless airplane or a normal air throw.

Like a lot of people, I'm also very interested in learning Zeku. Not just the young Strider look alike, but also the more zoning style old man. But I feel like I'll drop the guy after 30 minutes give or take. I'm already struggling so much with Akuma. Being a one character lifer is making is so hard for me to get use to playing just another shoto. I feel like Zeku will melt my mind, although I still want to give it a shot.

25 years of playing SF and the only time I ever learned a non shoto character was when I picked up Yun as a secondary in AE 2012. And that took a while, several months actually since I kept getting frustrated and would stop using him only to go back because I really liked the way he played. Which is a polar opposite of the slower pace zoning style I had with Evil Ryu.

On another note, I just realized this is the first weekend without a CPT tournament in forever. I think the last time we had a weekend without one might have been back in May. Feels weird, almost like it was done intentionally to build up Canada Cup even more. And that's going to be super important.

Quick question guys:
Owner of Street Fighter V here, with no season pass bought. When the Arcade Edition releases, will I get the characters from the upgrade ? Or will I have to buy the two season passes priced higher than the AE ?

Ganyc

Quick question guys:
Owner of Street Fighter V here, with no season pass bought. When the Arcade Edition releases, will I get the characters from the upgrade ? Or will I have to buy the two season passes priced higher than the AE ?

you will have to buy the two season passes.

Or you can buy them with fight money that you earned ingame

Quick question guys:
Neither Season Pass is not included with the free update. Man, I needed to edit this post. Love editing.

kirblar

Quick question guys:
They should both go on sale for 10 each, S1 just did this weekend, S2 should go down in January.

Top Bottom