• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Urien's 3S stage is mad boring. Give us his 2nd Impact stage, tho:

maxresdefault.jpg

That's ... super visuaaly uninteresting and very loud

This is way more interesting that orange and red nothing

hbfvK.gif

They're both boring. These belong in some kid's fish aquarium.

Give me a crowed filled KoF style stage or cool grass field storm any day over this.

JusDoIt

They're both boring. These belong in some kid's fish aquarium.

Give me a crowed filled KoF style stage or cool grass field storm any day over this.

Put a camel caravan through them Egyptian ruins and make it a different time of day in each round and Urien's 2I stage remake is top tier.

Edzi

Honestly, the SFV stages would look just as good as those if they removed the NPCs and some of the weird filters they're using. That India stage mod proved that.

jett

D-Member
I wish the 2I stages were in 3S. 3S stages are shit in comparison

I dunno why they never offered them as DLC in 3S Online.

Honestly, the SFV stages would look just as good as those if they removed the NPCs and some of the weird filters they're using. That India stage mod proved that.

And fixed the horribly low-res textures, among other things. :p The NPCs are fine to me though. They make it lively. A lot of the stages would look dead without them. Maybe they could alter the color scheme and time of day for the rumored Super edition.

Pompadour

And fixed the horribly low-res textures, among other things. :p The NPCs are fine to me though. They make it lively. A lot of the stages would look dead without them. Maybe they could alter the color scheme and time of day for the rumored Super edition.

If they moved the 30 fps NPCs further into the background and limited their movement they would blend right in. Xrd has some NPCs with stiff movement but since they're not losing their minds in response to every attack they don't stand out as much.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just curious? Since we didn't have South Korea stage so what do we want to see from South Korea?

1. SSF4 stage

rXgxFMe.jpg

2. Completely brand new stage

SF really took a nosedive in stages with SF4
Consistency is really all over the place across the series. SF2 is a mixed bag, A2 has pretty good stuff, A3 is boring, 2I is great, 3S is alright, SFIV is mixed, and SFV is overall great.

We should just be glad we didn't get an SF during the dark ages and get stuck with shitty stages and themes like CvS2, MvC2, and CFJ.

Ryce

Just curious? Since we didn't have South Korea stage so what do we want to see from South Korea?

1. SSF4 stage

rXgxFMe.jpg

2. Completely brand new stage
I'd prefer some sort of Seoul nightlife stage that better reflects Juri's personality and the modernization of the country -- maybe some motorcycles parked outside of a club or something.

JusDoIt

Consistency is really all over the place across the series. SF2 is a mixed bag, A2 has pretty good stuff, A3 is boring, 2I is great, 3S is alright, SFIV is mixed, and SFV is overall great.

We should just be glad we didn't get an SF during the dark ages and get stuck with shitty stages and themes like CvS2, MvC2, and CFJ.

SF2 ain't no mixed bag...

Unless you talking about the CPS2 changes, then you right.

stn

Are Ed's hands (flicker or whatever its called) easy to piano on stick? Thinking to buy a stick so I can play Ed to his fullest, just can't do it on pad at all. Won't even need to transition from pad to stick since his specials are non-motion.

JusDoIt

Are Ed's hands (flicker or whatever its called) easy to piano on stick? Thinking to buy a stick so I can play Ed to his fullest, just can't do it on pad at all. Won't even need to transition from pad to stick since his specials are non-motion.

Yes. Much easier. Pianoing on stick can still make Psycho Uppers come out if you aren't extra crisp, tho.

Instead of pianoing I just slide my fingers back and forth across the punch buttons. It looks scrubby, but it's like shooting freethrows granny-style. Automatic. Psycho Flicker always comes out, never the Psycho Upper. You would be able to use the same "technique" on a Hori Fighting Commander or MCZ Fightpad.

galvatron

Just made Silver, got matched with nothing but silvers and ranked down, then beat a couple and got back to Silver again.

That's the highest rank I've managed and only took actually liking Abigail to keep me grinding.

Guess I'll relax now and watch other people play for a bit :D

Crosspost from FGC thread

I still find it kinda funny that the only major thing really separating SFV and Overwatch (other than genre, ofc) is communication. The OW team has some of the best two-way communication in the industry, while SFV's has among the worst. Otherwise, they are both eerily similar. Colorful cast of charismatic characters (say that 5x fast), both launched barebones but have regular content updates, similar business model (gameplay is mostly free, aesthetics cost money), etc.

Man how do you get better at confirming shit? Maybe practicing against CPU isn't really gonna help? I feel like there's no way to tell if something is gonna hit or not.

mbpm1

SFV's characters are not charismatic like Overwatch I would say.

Although SFV actually has a story while Blizzard sits on its great cast and makes tiny shorts of them.

Although SFV wishes it had something as addictive as lootboxes in terms of the grind. And SFV seems to update slower than OW although I could be mistaken, and doesn't have events or timed costumes nearly as fun as Lucioball. Olympic costumes, or the Halloween thing it did.

On an unrelated note

Qy05hjA.jpg

Top Bottom