• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

JusDoIt

Yeah, unveiling Arcade Edition.

Actually, SFV: Arcade Edition might be a better title than Super lol. (lets you save the SSFV and USFV titles till later.)

Arcade Edition is perfect.

"Super" and "Ultra" are tired prefixes and they don't work for SFV because because SFV doesn't have supers or ultras.

(Nevermind that USFII doesn't have ultras either)

Yeah, unveiling Arcade Edition.

Actually, SFV: Arcade Edition might be a better title than Super lol. (lets you save the SSFV and USFV titles till later.)

Yeah, I always thought it would be SF5: AE over SSF5, ever since 1) they revealed that there would be an arcade version of the game AND 2) the missing arcade mode is basically a meme at this point.

Makes total sense to call it Arcade Edition to let people know that their beloved mode is back.

Im so salty. Negative edge was making me get dp after hp instead of hp qcf+mk.
For that, you should practice doing a hcf instead of a qcf to "trick" the lenient input buffer.
Well that's cool and all but when are YOU cosplaying as Mika?

A SFV GAF Discord was created a couple days ago. Quote this post for the link.

Link has expired.

For that, you should practice doing a hcf instead of a qcf to "trick" the lenient input buffer.

Im trying to go from pad to stick for cleaner and i can get my combos down except Juri's dp into super because i cant buffer super fast enough because it goes dp then qcbx2. I dint have the patience to practice in stick what i can do on pad with no problem.

This will actually make low tier characters even lower tier. Ryu can't kill off of back roundhouse, V-Trigger, lk xx lk tatsu, Denjin CA?

It would be a lot worse for Nash as it's a 50/50 chance of confirming off it and the damage not being great in the first place.

I think he's referring to V-Trigger that buff damage and/or coast to coast combos.

Torry

Neo Member
"But you know what - I can tell even alluding to the idea that I might know something bothers you, so i'm just gonna not allude to shit on here no more. People who wanna ask, they know where to find me." SneakerSO

I look forward to seeing your little teasers on here so don't stop. If you do, then that just means the haters/disbelievers will win.

I would also like to chime in and say I really enjoyed your teasers, Sneaks. Kept things interesting, while not spoiling everything ;-) I like to have my imagination do some work.

I wish they threw in Decapre. They already have the model and some of the moveset complete. Which gives them an excuse to release a charecter on time.

Daigo vs Sabin lives on.

Laura has a good theme
giphy.gif

HardRojo

I miss Urien. Haven't touched him in like 4 months :(

Why do you wanna touch him? Is it the thong?

Urien is cool and was never "broken" or "OP" as people claimed, yeah, his Aegis setups can be frustrating, but he's not the only one who can pull off some BS in with V-Trigger. I need to get the S2 pass and work on my pocket Abby ASAP, gotta vroom vroom some fools.

Moaradin

I just haven't really played the game much at all since March. Mainly just fool around with the DLC characters when they come out.

Definitely have that itch though.

Yodigli

Neo Member
I just haven't really played the game much at all since March. Mainly just fool around with the DLC characters when they come out.

Definitely have that itch though.

I haven't touched since Feb. and that's mostly because I moved and my current internet is god awful.

Definitely have the itch, but there's only so much I can do that doesn't require a good connection.

Why does Abigails normal run vary between having armor and no armor? This character man, I don't get him

Regular run has armor, but it starts late.

Different versions of run having different amounts of armor that start at different times...and then the follow-ups all have different armor/invulnerability timings.

MechaX

I have always wondered, how come more people (besides Poongko) I guess don't use Kolin more? I know there are some people like Smug who put her pretty low, but I wouldn't have thought she would be close to the struggle bunch of Ryu/Alex/Juri/FANG.

I have always wondered, how come more people (besides Poongko) I guess don't use Kolin more? I know there are some people like Smug who put her pretty low, but I wouldn't have thought she would be close to the struggle bunch of Ryu/Alex/Juri/FANG.
I was gonna write a long answer to this but I think it can be condensed into "She's a lot more honest than the current top tiers".

Plus she's new and you have to put in work and no one wants to work fuck that noise.

Top Bottom