• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I feel like S3 might be pushed back to Jan because MvCI's getting some DLC in December and Capcom wants like zero overlap between them.

Marvel

could never
Fatal mistake

yxvetfqm

Trickster

Man, lost 400lp in like 3-4 matches because the game decided I should be used as a punching bag for players about to hit super gold..

Village

Nobody knows how to make dnb or jungle in 2017.

They do tho, they got mix albums of that shit coming out to this day

Now I don't know if anyone at capcom knows how to do that

u know the remix will suck

hopefully a modder comes thru tho

That wouldn't really take a modder , putting any song into sfv is easy . It would take a person to make a better remix on youtube.

I would litterally pay em one and be like " make a liquid funk drum and base version of uriens theme"

I was getting annoyed by a squeaky Sanwa button on my stick so I went to buy a replacement button, but while I was browsing my eye caught a glance at Crown/Samducksa buttons and I impulsively bought a set. They all came in today and I'm trying out the Crown buttons and I didn't really have any expectations for what they'd feel like but... they're clicky! I'm tempted to swap out my buttons for them now but I am so lazy.

Marvel

could never
Ah wasn't super difficult that combo but he thought that chip would kill. Lol

Can't fuck up when Urien has v-trigger and CA, nasty comeback dmg. It's been fun trying him out again today but I mustn't stay with him too long otherwise I'll fuck my bison muscle memory xD

Out of all the characters, Nash needs a damage buff.

Without any use of meter, his max damage combo is one of the lower one next to Chun Li and Dhalsim. But those two benefit for having a useful Vtrigger while Nash is a one and done deal.

Lulubop

Without any use of meter, his max damage combo is one of the lower one next to Chun Li and Dhalsim. But those two benefit for having a useful Vtrigger while Nash is a one and done deal.

😪😪😪😪😪😴😴😴

I don't know I think his damage is fine. I'd prefer they revert anti air nerfs, dash nerf (to S1), and revert slowing down some of his normals (like s.hp) and I'll be good.

Out of all the characters, Mika needs a damage buff.

Without any use of meter, her max damage combo is one of the lower one next to Juri and F.A.N.G. But those two benefit for having useful V-Triggers while Mika's is a one and done deal.

Kashiwaba

Out of all the characters, Rashid needs a damage buff.

Without any use of meter, his max damage combo is one of the lower one next to Ryu and Vega But those two benefit for having useful V-Triggers while Rashid's is a one and done deal.

HardRojo

I swear sometimes I'm playing against fucking psychic people. 4 out of 5 times I won't challenge their wakeup and they do nothing, but the one time I do challenge it they wakeup with EX DP. And it goes that way for all 2 or matches. Then I start challenging it one round and they abuse the EX DP, so I got back to playing cautiously and again, they do nothing until that one time I challenge and they wakeup with EX DP... How do they do it?

Other times I would end a blockstring and try to keep the pressure going with a poke, they EX DP for no apparent reason, so I stop doing it and they don't EX DP, then the one time I throw out the normal they fucking do EX DP. HOW!? Teach me!

Vega's V-Trigger can be pretty useful. Scary as shit if they have CA on deck.

True, but I still think it falls on the less useful side of V-triggers. Without CA it doesn't have much use aside from converting from a claw normal or punishing a fireball. Still miles better than F.A.N.G.'s though.

HardRojo

And I just realized I don't know shit about the Birdie MU. I felt like I got hit by stuff that I wouldn't if I played against Birdies more often, EX dive after command grab is something I should keep in mind, and I gotta search how positive or negative that push forward he does is, as well as his armor properties, because either I was messing up my meaties or I wrongly assumed Birdie's armor from EX moves doesn't start on frame 1, but it actually does, gotta look that up.

FluxWaveZ

True, but I still think it falls on the less useful side of V-triggers. Without CA it doesn't have much use aside from converting from a claw normal or punishing a fireball. Still miles better than F.A.N.G.'s though.

Compensating for his V-Reversal, Vega's is also one of the few that's an immediate get-out-of-the-corner V-Trigger. I agree that his isn't one of the best in the game, though.

Speaking of buffs can they buff Juri's funness? I can take a shitty character if they're at least fun to play. I had a blast with Alex when he first came out.

Also for whatever reason changing my avatar made me want Sakura really bad.

mbpm1

Speaking of buffs can they buff Juri's funness? I can take a shitty character if they're at least fun to play. I had a blast with Alex when he first came out.

They have listened to you and will buff Juri's funbags

What would make her fun for you? I only ask because for me it would take some sweeping changes to her overall design. Sadly, I don't think that's likely.

HardRojo

Felt like punishing this EX DP with a little something other than your typical dash after CC st.HP:

h4htGvz.gif

This was a hard read lol, I knew he'd wake up with something so I simply decided to YOLO and super. He woke up with V-Trigger (?) and the camera zoom got a little crazy:

7eph3IY.gif

What would make her fun for you? I only ask because for me it would take some sweeping changes to her overall design. Sadly, I don't think that's likely.
Pretty much the same as you. I don't know what would make her fun, I just know that she isn't as is.

They have listened to you and will buff Juri's funbags
That's the last thing she needs.

Honestly wouldn't mind if they nerfed her chest in a patch randomly. Juri was perfectly fine with her slimmer, sleeker physique. I hope she's smaller in SFVI.

Trickster

That feeling when wonky hitboxes causes you to do an attack to the wrong side, robbing you of a crush counter and receive a punish from the other player instead....

Sayad

That's the last thing she needs.

Honestly wouldn't mind if they nerfed her chest in a patch randomly. Juri was perfectly fine with her slimmer, sleeker physique. I hope she's smaller in SFVI.

Unless the SFV version get fixed, we're probably never seeing her again I'm afraid. :(

MrCarter

Cross post.

Suprised to see ARMS having better legs than Tekken 7 at NPD. I can understand Injustass as it's DC but a new IP performing better than somewhat a popular one is very impressive.

Cross post.

Suprised to see ARMS having better legs than Tekken 7 at NPD. I can understand Injustass as it's DC but a new IP performing better than somewhat a popular one is very impressive.

No surprise considering it's a Nintendo game on a popular console verses one of the hardest fighting games to play.

Trickster

Is Ed's weird ex evade/uppercut move just a dragonpunch? Feels different but I don't play him enough to really understand how he works yet

Is Ed's weird ex evade/uppercut move just a dragonpunch? Feels different but I don't play him enough to really understand how he works yet

The EX uppercut move is his invincible reversal. It can also be CC'ed if you punish it after blocking so it's just like an EX DP in many regards.

Trickster

The EX uppercut move is his invincible reversal. It can also be CC'ed if you punish it after blocking so it's just like an EX DP in many regards.

Yeah I knew I could punish it. Just looked so different from a regular DP that it felt like something else

Edit - Met the same Ed again, gah what a frustrating character when you don't know him very well. At least I broke his 9 win streak

Top Bottom