• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

What if the reason they never fixed Ken's pose is because they knew they were gonna scrap the vanilla CSS anyway?

Yes that's a tease.
So you're telling us the reason this game has been mocked endlessly for 1.5 years over Ken's face on the character select screen.

Is because they're gonna change it eventually?

Moaradin

What if the reason they never fixed Ken's pose is because they knew they were gonna scrap the vanilla CSS anyway?

Yes that's a tease.

I always figured they would eventually need to do this anyways. They're running out of space and they can't just keep shrinking the characters forever. Not much space on the stage selection as well.

"And that's when Lulubop realized, banana's are more than just a fruit for him."
What do Lulu and bananas have in common?

Scrap as in change the layout or scrap as in all new poses/artwork?
Well if S3 is gonna be a big refresh they can't just slap SUPER on the title screen and call it a day.

No idea if it'll actually be called Super, though.

So you're telling us the reason this game has been mocked endlessly for 1.5 years over Ken's face on the character select screen.

I don't know about the first 14 months (that was prob either inorance or laziness), but since they haven't touched up the CSS since the Ed patch (iirc), there's probably no reason to mess with it again since the next major patch is (probably) just gonna get rid of it anyway.

SFV is about commitment
Lmao

Marvel

could never
i think he's cute
6r1yrrpe

Mizerman

From looking like Owen Wilson in SF4 to looking like midlife crisis dad in SFV, Ken usually gets shafted with looks.

Yes that's a tease.

Eh, I figure that SFV's character select screen will be restructured staring from S3 and onwards.

Lulubop

lol
'
its a good CSS so I hope they don't change it too much, but of course they're gonna change it up eventually.

No breaking news, I hope that's not a hot leak from Sneaker.

Eh, I figure that SFV's character select screen will be restructured staring from S3 and onwards.

ya

Blueblur1

It makes a lot of sense actually. If they have a limited amount of staff (which they probably do) and have a laundry list of things they want to get to (which they probably do) a revamped CSS would be at the bottom of the list. The amount of time meetings and dev work required would be better put to use elsewhere. So they might as well put off stuff like Ken's face, heavy clipping and wonky physics until much later when a CSS revamp is almost a necessity functionally. Plus, it refreshes the interface after being static for 2+ years.

kirblar

Birdie's chain never getting fixed + the quickly evaporating room for new stages made it pretty clear S3 would have a select screen overhaul.

It makes a lot of sense actually. If they have a limited amount of staff (which they probably do) and have a laundry list of things they want to get to (which they probably do) a revamped CSS would be at the bottom of the list. The amount of time meetings and dev work required would be better put to use elsewhere. So they might as well put off stuff like Ken's face, heavy clipping and wonky physics until much later when a CSS revamp is almost a necessity functionally. Plus, it refreshes the interface after being static for 2+ years.
I know but just the way Turb said it made me laugh.

Marvel

could never
they needa overhaul the menu screen, it needs some fucking soul and personality.
For sure.

I saw an amazing pc mod for the entire main menu and everything, looked great and made me sad for what we actually ended up getting lol

bcf29s88

Something like this pls

Waaayyy too much empty space in that image. Cute for a big screen showoff but other than that looks pretty basic.

What we have now is serviceable. I don't need a million clicks to get to shit. Just make it look prettier and I'll be fine.

mbpm1

I like the minimalist design of that one, but I'd like it more if we could just have some of the better stages as the background

Edzi

I like the minimalist design of that one, but I'd like it more if we could just have some of the better stages as the background

Eh, I really like the globe theme it's got going on, it just needs some reworking with the menus to make stuff more intuitive to navigate to.

Speaking of stages though, I'd settle for NPC/filter toggles on the existing stages.

MvCi will be mocked forever for a Chun Li face that only existed for a couple weeks in an unreleased version of a video game.

If they changed Ken's face immediately, that wouldn't have stopped the mocking.

So, might as well take your time dealing with other things that actually matter...like creating characters that all managed to not be broken, despite being added mid season.

Producer

we just need all the CFN info displayed in the home screen. fuck going into CFN tab, and then favorites tab, just to see whos online. what were they thinking

mbpm1

Things I learned tonight

Laura's cr mk is better than it looks
I will be even more trash when i next play since I can't play for 2 weeks on vacation
I can beat Diamond Sims who aren't trying, that means I'm basically Idom

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If you guys haven't voted yet you should check the r/StreetFighter polls and vote. The r/StreetFighter mod team will be sending the results directly to Capcom USA. Set aside a couple minutes and vote!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...minder_that_polls_for_sfv_community_feedback/

Just got around to this. Who are these fucking idiots who think "player 2 rematch" is more important than getting more FM, being able to try characters for free, and battle lounge filter improvements? It's a goddamn meme, not an actual problem. It's the shit a KingBroly tier shitposter would use to pad his list of grievances.

Top 4 issues are spot on, at least.

FluxWaveZ

Just got around to this. Who are these fucking idiots who think "player 2 rematch" is more important than getting more FM, being able to try characters for free, and battle lounge filter improvements? It's a goddamn meme, not an actual problem. It's the shit a KingBroly tier shitposter would use to pad his list of grievances.

???

I'm kinda tired of having to thumbs up my opponent to let them know I'm ready after every tournament game, or tell them to go to character select if they're player 1. It's not a meme; it's something every single person who goes to locals/majors needs to deal with, and it'd be a more efficient use of everyone's time if the option was in there.

I certainly would personally care more for that than more FM or trying characters for free.

Shadoken

For a game with a supposed "eSports" focus. Its fking stupid that it hasnt been fixed yet.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's something that should be fixed, but it's something that affects such a small proportion of players a small proportion of the time. Where it's ranked in the survey suggests that either A) the sample of respondents is heavily over-representing tournament players or B) a lot of people for whom it's usually irrelevant are making a big deal of it.

If A is the case, then so be it, I respect that tourney players want that feature more than most others. If B is the case, I stand by my complaint.

All that said, it's definitely something that should be fixed and probably could be fixed in like 5 minutes, so I get why people would ask for it to be fixed. It's just in this ranking context that I'm baffled by it's high priority.

mbpm1

I think it's also a factor that it's been in the game for so long.

Imo, if its a year and a half where Capcom has given no word, it's a lost cause. 2 player matches will never be fixed. Clipping will never be fixed. Ken's face will remain. They could address it in a statement or otherwise but they haven't so it's done.

Marvel

could never
Good day with Urien today, really enjoyed using him again and applying newly learned combos/setups. Back to Bison tomorrow though, onwards in my quest to Lv.50.

Top Bottom