• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

NMS is a different beast, though. It's not on TV, it's not the leader of its genre, etc. Failure for that game is predicated on a few things, one of which is that while there are numerous changes, it doesn't really move the title towards what a lot of people thought the game would be - which is more dynamic.

SFV can still gather SOME of the casual crowd back. I don't think it's impossible. It'll take more than just a fancy Arcade Mode. It needs to have a fresh coat of paint in terms of, well, almost everything. But once it becomes a package, it becomes viable for tons of people to pick up.

The money lies in the DLC and esports, though. Casuals will watch the game, see the better package, and pick it up. But then the game will make money through the DLC/FM synergy, promotional shit, crossover bits, and whatever. The viewership shows that the popularity is there, they just need to make a product worth buying (yeah yeah, not everyone watches and plays at the same time but there's still a large segment that do). It's in Capcom's best interest to cover as many bases as possible while keeping profitable. pie.

They need to learn from Tekken 7 and get Geese in the roster. SFV will be dead otherwise.

Bonus points if you also get Akira from Virtua Fighter.

JusDoIt

If Season 3 ain't Sagat, Sakura, Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Felicia from Darkstalkers, SFV is gonna keep on eating sports like it's been doing.

vulva

Kk, I'm in a stupid spot since my current PS4 I use isn't my actual PS4, it's my girlfriend's. Can a PS4 have multiple accounts using it as their main console? Also whenever I move back to Canada, can I swap my home one back to being my main? Sorry for the dumb questions, this is something I never really had to worry about before.

Can a PS4 have multiple accounts using it as their main console?.
Yes.

Also whenever I move back to Canada, can I swap my home one back to being my main?
You can but first you'll need to disable your girlfriend's PS4 from being your main and THEN make your Canadian PS4 your main.

I've gone through this song and dance myself because my brother's PS4 is set as my main so he can use my digital games.

vulva

Yes.

You can but first you'll need to disable your girlfriend's PS4 from being your main and THEN make your Canadian PS4 your main.

I've gone through this song and dance myself because my brother's PS4 is set as my main so he can use my digital games.
So that means I need to disable my Canadian one first, correct?

vulva

Kk thanks dude. I know I could look into this on my own but I'm on my phone so asking someone with experience made more sense to me

Edit: wait I can only deactivate my old ps4 from the console itself? Gonna be hard when it's in storage across the continent

Ganyc

If Season 3 ain't Sagat, Sakura, Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Felicia from Darkstalkers, SFV is gonna keep on eating sports like it's been doing.
i hope besides Sagat and Sakura, we will get Maki and Makoto in SFV.

btw there won't be any Darkstalkers characters in Street Fighter, but the next fighting game from Capcom is a new Darkstalkers

one can dream

Ryce

Ucchedavāda;246484470 said:
Thanks!
I guess I just overlooked that while grabbing the favorite character pictures back then.
Most people seem to have their favorite stage set to random, so that's probably why you didn't notice.

JusDoIt

btw there won't be any Darkstalkers characters in Street Fighter, but the next fighting game from Capcom is a new Darkstalkers

I know there won't be any guest characters in SF, and frankly I don't want any. I'd personally be fine with nothing but all new characters from here on out. My point is aside from some big gimmicky announcements like that, there won't be no casual influx to SFV that will move the needle.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
after how well they did the tekken characters in sfxt I would be really interested in seeing what they would do with any hypothetical guest characters, but I agree it's probably not very likely.

Does anyone else keep mashing buttons for Abigail Punch long after you're past the 3 extra presses required for the max damage version? It just feels so awesome to try and mash in time with his punches, especially for the EX version.

sure CFN: ChefJoe
Ggs buddy...here's some tips

- Learn when it's "your turn" in every matchup so your not always pressing buttons.
- understand when your opponent is generally unsafe (gotta check frame data on each character, not every move just the most common)
- be less predictable with your setups
- Practice AA Mika's is pretty good and leads to a mixup
- Practice just blocking...your opponent is more likely to take a risk if they can't open you up.
- don't worry about W/L's in rank, focus on improving one or two of the above points until you get really good at it. W's will come...

joe2187

Banned
Ggs buddy...here's some tips

- Learn when it's "your turn" in every matchup so your not always pressing buttons.
- understand when your opponent is generally unsafe (gotta check frame data on each character, not every move just the most common)
- be less predictable with your setups
- Practice AA Mika's is pretty good and leads to a mixup
- Practice just blocking...your opponent is more likely to take a risk if they can't open you up.
- don't worry about W/L's in rank, focus on improving one or two of the above points until you get really good at it. W's will come...

Playing against Kens online have taught me to expect the unexpected and was thrown off by how normal and calm you played so that was a factor. But I also have an impatience problem, I know my opponent is baiting me and I tend to throw out moves instead of normals to try and goad them but Im terrible at my spacing so I get fucked over.

The biggest strategy against me is doing nothing, being super defensive tends to make me nervous and I'm not comfortable with my accuracy of pulling off command throws so I only go for what I know I can do.

I can only react so face to cross ups and everytime I go for the CrMP AA mixup it's always ended in me either flubbing the input or getting EX DPed.

Im also always expecting to get CC'd but when you went for Lows everytime on Wakeup fucked with my head, and I tried to (stupidly) V reversal it and end up eating it every time.

Then I just eat fireballs about 70 percent of the time, mistiming jumps, mistiming the slide or charge kick or just rolling into them because I think I can dodge them only for it to be a setup when I jump over and get DPed.

I know what's coming, I know what's there and I know it's a trap...but i cant help but fall for it all the time.

Thanks for the games and the help. There's so much I have to unteach myself.

Scotia

Banned
You mean E.Honda?

do-not-want.gif

I see that Xian won the Asia online tourney. Despite having tons of points and being guaranteed to get in Capcom Cup at this point he still gate kept his own region and fellow Singaporeans with no money involved lol.

Top Bottom