• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Yeah, the timing is really weird. Maybe they wanted to push this character forward so they can reveal Balrog during GamesCom lol.

I think its like this you know how ken had a while thing because he represented the retooling of characters and a visually different design and a bunch of new varients in his movesets.

Vega in that trailer looked like vega in sf5 he just had his sf4 alt on. Why waste anyone's time at gamescon with that reveal, you kno what vega is about. Shennanigans. There were some new crazy diagonal air moves, but it was ike " yep... vega "

Mike M

Nick N
Starting to buy "the green box is only SF2" breakdown.

4 reps *total* from Alpha and 3 combined would be fucking criminal, man. Presuming we get any reps from 3 in the starting roster.

Since it hasn't been linked here yet: Vega reveal trailer
THANK YOU. It was annoying as heck reading all these posts about Vega with no links or anything. Seriously peeps, if there's news, make sure someone links it XD

Huh. I totally missed that Vega reveal. I was wondering why I came in here and people were mourning Karin/Mika. I mean, they still have a shot, be it in the main roster or as DLC, but... huh. I guess either the roster we had wasn't finalized, or it was wrong completely. I'll have to check out that trailer after work today, I guess. Maybe we are getting Vega over Juri, so that way the Blondes can take over the roster?
The roster we had was just people stuffing rumours and speculation together :p
It was revealed characters + 4 new characters + siliconera characters + Juri because we assume the last remaining box is in the green area of the roster on the Capcom slide.

I knew that roster was too good to be true: Capcom never dissapoint me when it comes to dissapointing me :p

As for the Siliconera rumour, again, it just said the 4 would be made playable, no time scale was given so them being planned as DLC is just as likely as any other outcome.

That all said... 9 characters in of the 16 and we have 6 'world warriors', 2 alpha characters and 1 newcomer. Still no SF3 peeps yet which is odd... unless we're not getting any in the core roster and the section with charlie and birdie is actually 'alpha' rather than 'non-SF4 vets' :eek:

edit: wow a lot of posts in the time it took me to write that ^.^;

4 reps *total* from Alpha and 3 combined would be fucking criminal, man. Presuming we get any reps from 3 in the starting roster.
I dunno, the green could still be SF4 with a focus on the world warriors. Seems I'm not the only one wondering if we'll end up with a core roster with no SF3 rep at all.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
unbenanntgxosv.jpg

I didn't mind Ken, but this one looks weird to me.

Scotia

Banned

I now fully believe that Capcom/Ono hate the SF3 characters. I honestly doubt we'll see more than a quarter of them again.

This day is fucking shit now.

Kouichi

Hm so if the green box really is returning SFIV characters and the blue is non SFIV then my guess for the last four are:

Juri
Dhalsim
Alex
Urien

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the Bogard one saying vega Dhalsim and sagat (?) as 2 representatives besides ryu, Ken, bison, chun
No, he actually said the opposite: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169759463&postcount=503
"- Only 'Shadaloo member' remaining is Dictator, implying no Boxer, Sagat or Claw."

This one.
But it was already proven fake since Capcom confirmed a 16 characters roster.

Now with Claw announced the list is deader than dead.
Yeah I thought it couldn't be that one, because it didn't have Claw on it.

Roster seems solid. As it seems now 50/50. 8 characters from SF4 and 8 "new" ones.

We all know fan favorites like Mika / Karin / Urien if not in the base game are DLC so Capcom can rake in some fight money.

I think its like this you know how ken had a while thing because he represented the retooling of characters and a visually different design and a bunch of new varients in his movesets.

Vega in that trailer looked like vega in sf5 he just had his sf4 alt on. Why waste anyone's time at gamescon with that reveal, you kno what vega is about. Shennanigans. There were some new crazy diagonal air moves, but it was ike " yep... vega "

Yeah that makes sense, but if Balrog were to be in the game as well I don't think they would reveal him at GamesCom either. Same reason you mentioned for Vega goes for Rog as well.

If they wanted a masked character, I knew the most perfect candidate.

You might not know him though.

Q.Q

Edit: Would rather Dudley over Balrog. Would even take one of the 3 reamining newbies to be a new boxer-ish chap, too.

Zubz

Banned
Hm so if the green box really is returning SFIV characters and the blue is non SFIV then my guess for the last four are:

Juri
Dhalsim
Alex
Urien

I didn't want to believe it, but at this point, I'm guessing that the Green Box really was just SFII characters. I see Dhalsim and Zangief in the green box, and Juri and Alex in the blue one. And, of course, purple box is new characters, which may or may not be Zen, Rachid, and Laura. Maybe Urien will be DLC someday... *Sniff* Maybe...

I really just want the DLC to add in the entire Third Strike roster before they finish SFII's, to be honest. I mean, I know we'll get all 8 World Warriors and the 5 Bosses (Plus Cammy) eventually, at least.

I'm wondering if there is a chance that any of these leaks actually hold water, so Capcom decided to flip the script and push what would have been an early DLC character into the starting roster in order to throw everyone off. Maybe that's also why we stopped seeing teasers at the end of trailers.

Tizoc

Well Claw come out of no where.
Not that I debunk Siliconera's rumors about the 4 characters but those could still be in as DLC/Unlockable.

COME ON GIEF, WE NEED MORE GRAPPLAS!

I don't know if 'meh' is really a reaction you want from your intended audience, nor something all that worth congratulating :p

I don't know how you can say "meh" after watching that video and reading about his new playstyle. I'm not a big fan of Vega, but this character redesign has gotten me pretty hype.

I celebrate is because the R Mika and Karen is just lunacy.
R Mika is coming whether you like it or not :3
Whether she's in the core or not is another matter...

Ick. 2 Girls, 7 guys revealed so far.
That said, I did actually 'main' Vega in SF2 Championship Edition on the SNES (if you can call it 'maining' because I was super casual at the time, albeit still better than my friends by miles) So maybe I could give him a shot in the beta. The stance mechanic with the one-shot claw thing sounds kind of interesting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering if there is a chance that any of these leaks actually hold water, so Capcom decided to flip the script and push what would have been an early DLC character into the starting roster in order to throw everyone off. Maybe that's also why we stopped seeing teasers at the end of trailers.
They would have to have done that a long time ago, then.

SF3 characters will be dlc as Capcom are thinking about slowly progressing the story into SF3's story through DLC. This is their plan to make the story a lot better.

I've figured it out!!!

Crisium

I now fully believe that Capcom/Ono hate the SF3 characters. I honestly doubt we'll see more than a quarter of them again.

This day is fucking shit now.

If Vega wasn't my SF4 main I'd agree with you. Alex and Urien both would redeem them for me though (as long as we get more as DLC later down the line). If they have 0 SF3 characters again for vanilla I will be angry.

I still remember how pissed I was in vanilla SF4. All 12 returning characters were the SF2CE characters (then a week later we got Akuma). Then we got a home version. After 2 more original characters, we were given 6 more returning! Low and behold, another 2 from SF2 and 4 from Alpha. SF3 couldn't even be thrown one bone.

In the end we got 7 of the 15/16 (if you count Gill) SF3 characters. We got all 17 SF2 characters. I never did the Alpha math, but I think they got a better ratio than SF3 did. Always disappoints me. To casual fans that skipped SF3, these characters are basically new to them anyway so including them satisfies pretty much everyone.

Scotia

Banned
The second Dhalsim/Zangief is revealed is the second I give up on this game. Having Vega in the main roster is disapointing enough, but having these two in the main game would be the one thing that would officially make me just walk away.

Tizoc

The second Dhalsim/Zangief is revealed is the second I give up on this game. Having Vega in the main roster is disapointing enough, but having these two in the main game would be the one thing that would officially make me just walk away.

But brah
Gief vs. Alex
IN HD
Brah

But what about the DLC chars. ?

pizzacat

Banned
I wouldn't walk away based off of character selection.

They could put in the dolls, R MIKA, twelve and Left Jack from EX3

AND I WOULD STILL GET IT

IT FEELS TOO GOOD

sounds like you care more about looking at the roster than actually playing the game.

I don't know how you can say "meh" after watching that video and reading about his new playstyle. I'm not a big fan of Vega, but this character redesign has gotten me pretty hype.
I zoned out about halfway into the trailer :p
Reading up on his mechanics makes him sound like yet another interesting redesign though, but as far as actual character choice for the roster goes it's still pretty 'meh' to me: I haven't cared much about Vega since I was lil. Back then I'd be all over an athletic bishie psychopath character but not so much these days :3

Tizoc

You know what?
Fuck it
Oro should be in.
His V-move is the snot ball, direction+buttons determine the trajectory and how the balls go up and down
His max V-move should be the big sphere thing he throws down

Super will be his Grab super from 3S

They would have to have done that a long time ago, then.

I mean, possibly not. I could see them already working on 20 or so characters within the initial development, with 16 being released as the core roster and the rest prepped for DLC (one released each month after the game release or something similar). So if this were the case, enough work could be done on one of these DLC characters that they could be comfortable swapping someone out and knowing they'll be ready in time.

But then again, this is all silly conspiracy theory nonsense and the easier answer is that leakers are liars :)

By the way most of the SF characters will enventually be in.
They put a 44 characters roster in SF4 despite the traditionnal multiple titles disc-based release.
Think of what they will achieve with a game designed around the idea of DLC.

Scotia

Banned
I should have clarified that I would only walk away if Dhalsim/Zangief are in the main roster and no one from SF3 was in. I don't really care for Mika and Karin so they wouldn't be enough to keep interested. I'd probably check in to see who the DLCs are but apart from that I would just lose interest in SFV.

There hasn't been a mainline SF game with Vega that doesn't have Balrog, right? They're always together... I would guess that Balrog is a safe bet at this point. They both debuted with each other in SFA3 also after an absence.

edit: well there's SF EX2/3, but those weren't made by Capcom so...

I zoned out about halfway into the trailer :p
Reading up on his mechanics makes him sound like yet another interesting redesign though, but as far as actual character choice for the roster goes it's still pretty 'meh' to me: I haven't cared much about Vega since I was lil. Back then I'd be all over an athletic bishie psychopath character but not so much these days :3

Fair enough. I definitely want more Alpha and SF3 characters then SF2 characters, but Vega is better choice than Akuma or Blanka imo.

Scotia

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;173952276 said:
sounds like you care more about looking at the roster than actually playing the game.

I'm not a high-level player at all and I only play SF casually so yeah the roster is a HUGE factor for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom