• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysuke

Someone translate this please?
sykiEK4.jpg

Also notice on the right how there isn't a wave color for Gief unless he and Ken share it :p

So is rashid a heel in this game? I noticed all the good and bad guys are split.

Ferrio

Banned
I google translated this to ask the Japanese viewers something:

ご挨拶日本。私はグーグルを介してユーザーに話します。私は重要な質問があります。新しいローラ文字がセクシーだと思いますか?

They didn't seem to like her.

So what's the two worst characters introduced in each series of Street Fighter? I'm limiting it to two as 4 has so few new characters.

2: Dee Jay, T. Hawk
Alpha: Juni, Juli
3: Gill, Remy
4: Fuerte, Rufus
2:claw, thawk
Alpha: Rolento, the doll that is just cammy and isn't charge
3: twelve, Remy
4: Rufus, Viper

Qvoth

I google translated this to ask the Japanese viewers something:

ご挨拶日本。私はグーグルを介してユーザーに話します。私は重要な質問があります。新しいローラ文字がセクシーだと思いますか?

They didn't seem to like her.

the question being asked is "do you think the new laura letters are sexy?"
yeah, letters, as in abcdefg letters
what was your original question?

Ferrio

Banned
the question being asked is "do you think the new laura letters are sexy?"
yeah, letters, as in abcdefg letters
what was your original question?

Just was asking if they thought laura was sexy.

edit: Oh I asked if the "new laura character" was sexy. Dammit google.

JediLink

Just saw this on stream

j3wVspD.png

Translation needed. 1 returning, 2 new, right?
I think 残すところ is suposed to mean either "remaining" or "in reserve". Then it's definitely 1 new and 2 returning.

It really sounds like they've got their early DLC planned out already. I wouldn't be surprised if they're announced before the game is released and available shortly after launch.

I think 残すところ is suposed to mean either "remaining" or "in reserve". Then it's definitely 1 new and 2 returning.

It really sounds like they've got their early DLC planned out already. I wouldn't be surprised if they're announced before the game is released and available shortly after launch.
So this is about the characters beyond the first 16?

TheOGB

Banned
I'd boo this harder than I have ever booed anything before.
I like Akuma (and even E.Ryu kinda) but I'd probably boo that too

Interesting. So Laura, Sim (renamed Zen), and Alex, cool

So is rashid a heel in this game? I noticed all the good and bad guys are split.

I wouldn't really call Birdie a villain/bad guy. Dude wanted to be respected in the streets but once he saw how corrupted Shadaloo was he wanted no part of it. He's more of a shady dude that has a good heart somewhere.

So this is about the characters beyond the first 16?

It doesn't seem so in the context of the slide (13 characters on it, stands to reason that the second line is referring to the 'remaining 3' of the '16 characters planned to appear').

If you think of it that way, this means we're going to have an extra returning character, and with the one 'new' character slot taken by Laura who was recently leaked, 'Zen' isn't part of the playable 16 at launch.

Gren

Will wait for an official announcement I can understand, but it'd be great if they'd continune making new characters to go with the returnee DLCs. If they really hit it out of the park with the design, it could sell just as well.

Just hope they tread wisely with the release. With a starting cast of 16, dunno how the general audience would react to paid day-one DLC.

It doesn't seem so in the context of the slide (13 characters on it, stands to reason that the second line is referring to the 'remaining 3' of the '16 characters planned to appear').

If you think of it that way, this means we're going to have an extra returning character, and with the one 'new' character slot taken by Laura who was recently leaked, 'Zen' isn't part of the playable 16 at launch.

That doesn't match with the grid that Capcom provided though. 4 new characters right?

That doesn't match with the grid that Capcom provided though. 4 new characters right?

Right, that's the interesting part. It doesn't jive with the grid or Ken Bogard's leak(unless Zen is an unplayable boss, but that only validates the leak and not Capcom's grid).

Maybe something actually did change, idk.

Kysuke

Also anyone with a ps4 add me or message me to join the fgc group. It's already at 250 members. I tried posting it in the general fgc thread but it got lost in the post. Also it would be awesome if this can be put in the front page or something.

Psn is shinkysuke

I don't know, I think it says of the remaining characters, there's 1 new and 2 old characters as in those 3 will make up the 16 characters. I feel like they made a mistake.

JediLink

That's what you'd probably think, but we know it can't be that. We know that there's two more newcomers and only one more remaining veteran.

Something else that might be worthy of note is that the word used to describe the returning characters (復活) means "resurrection" or "revival". I really feel in my bones that they're talking about Alex and Urien here.

EDIT: I also don't buy that it's just a mistake. Why/how would they make this exact same mistake twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom