• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
FyyHy4Y.png

Hc3hHIj.png

Note: If you have an interest in discussing the Fighting Game Community, consider joining the Fighting Game Community(Just moved to Community) thread where we try to talk about what is happening in the FGC.

JediLink

Let's continue with the insanity. The stream image said 1 new and 2 old remaining.

Roster Turnabout ?
I'll just copypaste what I said in the other thread:
That's what you'd probably think, but we know it can't be that. We know that there's two more newcomers and only one more remaining veteran.

Something else that might be worthy of note is that the word used to describe the returning characters (復活) means "resurrection" or "revival". I really feel in my bones that they're talking about Alex and Urien here.

EDIT: I also don't buy that it's just a mistake. Why/how would they make this exact same mistake twice?

Lulubop

Of course it's a mistake. I don't think they made the same mistake twice. Obviously they showed that slide at the Mexico event and that's why the retweet was that. It's the same slide it's just a mistake. We have 2 newcomers and a vet left, I mean it's easy to see how the mistake happened. Come on

Soulstar

I didn't notice this was thread 2 so when I clicked the link I was confused that there was so few posts.

Still happy that Karin is in the game.

That's what you'd probably think, but we know it can't be that. We know that there's two more newcomers and only one more remaining veteran.

Something else that might be worthy of note is that the word used to describe the returning characters (復活) means "resurrection" or "revival". I really feel in my bones that they're talking about Alex and Urien here.

EDIT: I also don't buy that it's just a mistake. Why/how would they make this exact same mistake twice?

Yeah, it would be strange to not only mess that up in Mexico, but also at Momochoco's fan event. Still that's what I think it translates too.

BTW, good thing you pointed at 復活 which was used for the Alpha characters in the Japanese slides at TGS. They used レギュラー for the classic characters in their slide.

https://youtu.be/Uv1sfDlYKWk?t=4h25m18s

TheOGB

Banned
I'll just copypaste what I said in the other thread:
That can only mean one thing
vdfXJ2m.gif

DAMMIT
:p

Lulubop

Yeah, it would be strange to not only mess that up in Mexico, but also at Momochoco's fan event. Still that's what I think it translates too.

It's just the same slide they showed on Momochi's stream, it's not messing up twice. That was their presentation in Mexico.

Producer

Of course it's a mistake. I don't think they made the same mistake twice. Obviously they showed that slide at the Mexico event and that's why the retweet was that. It's the same slide it's just a mistake. We have 2 newcomers and a vet left, I mean it's easy to see how the mistake happened. Come on

yea, that makes sense.

It's just the same slide they showed on Momochi's stream, it's not messing up twice. That was their presentation in Mexico.

I know it was, but it's so easy to catch. I'm going to rewatch the Momochoco stream to see if Ayano corrected the slide. I still think they fucked up and meant to say 1 returning and 2 new are left to fill the 16 character slot btw.

JediLink

If I had to bet either way I'd still think it's probably not a mistake, but then again, this is Capcpom we're talking about...

This will be my first competitive street fighter game this time, So I am looking forward to training with you guys this time around.

I won't even put my hope in the DLC. We'll probably get Juri, Sagat, Akuma, Sakura and Guile before we even get credible 3S related rumors. I can see the first 3S character hitting in 2017 and it'll probably be Dudley or one of the females.

Zerojul

So 2 returning chars and 1 new ? Alex and Urien in, Zen is the boss and secret 17th character
, my kawai Dhalsim-chan is DLC in 2018
#believe

It's either a mistake or it means there are 2 more old characters and 1 more new one.
It says 16 chars total, two returning and one new remaining. Absolutely no way to translate this as 16 chars + 2 old and 1 new, no matter how anyway.

Vex_

Banned
So far my favs are:

1. Bro Masters (undisputed)
2. Bae Mika (bae)
3. Giefman (da strong man)
4. Karin (side bae)
5. M bison (still has the Bess villian laugh ever)
Every nyan else

Top Bottom