• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

Lulubop

So 2 returning chars and 1 new ? Alex and Urien in, Zen is the boss and secret 17th character
, my kawai Dhalsim-chan is DLC in 2018
#believe

It says 16 chars total, two returning and one new remaining. Absolutely no way to translate this as 16 chars + 2 old and 1 new, no matter how anyway.

And it's a mistake. Like why are you guys doing this to yourself.

NEO0MJ

Just two more characters left. After that it will months of discussions about who should be in the first wave of DLC characters.

GorillaJu

So 2 returning chars and 1 new ? Alex and Urien in, Zen is the boss and secret 17th character
, my kawai Dhalsim-chan is DLC in 2018
#believe

It says 16 chars total, two returning and one new remaining. Absolutely no way to translate this as 16 chars + 2 old and 1 new, no matter how anyway.

I know dude. There are 3 remaining characters. 2 of those will be returning, 1 will be new. Unless it's a mistake.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think the real explanation is that they didn't think they would squeeze in two more entries (4 and 5) between the events of 2 and 3 when they made that game.

There is so much wasted V-Trigger on this stream, it's frustrating.

Crocodile

I'm really curious to see if Capcom makes good on its promise to have a narrative and story mode worth a damn. I remember hearing this same sort of talk for MvC 3 came out and we know how that all turned out. At least Capcom only has to answer to themselves with this game so that should make development easier here.

Spman2099

I'm really curious to see if Capcom makes good on its promise to have a narrative and story mode worth a damn. I remember hearing this same sort of talk for MvC 3 came out and we know how that all turned out. At least Capcom only has to answer to themselves with this game so that should make development easier here.

I really hope that Capcom is embarrassed by how much better NRS did their story mode in Mortal Kombat 9 and X. I hope it has encouraged them to try to match them. I doubt they will be able to pull off something great, but even a genuine effort would be very encouraging.

Kysuke

I really hope that Capcom is embarrassed by how much better NRS did their story mode in Mortal Kombat 9 and X. I hope it has encouraged them to try to match them. I doubt they will be able to pull off something great, but even a genuine effort would be very encouraging.

I love the mk story but I hope it won't be like that in sf. I think alpha 2 did it best out of all the street fighter games, and out of all games, blazblue has the best structure.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Gief's SPD damage is pretty low, I guess they acknowledge his many options with this?

Kain

Yo, thread 2, we are legion.

Soooo we have 2 returning, 1 new, the new is Laura I guess? This confuses me because Zen. Zen might be a revision of an old character or something?

And did you guys see Kuma in Zangief's stage? Possible Tekken chars coming?

Yo, thread 2, we are legion.

Soooo we have 2 returning, 1 new, the new is Laura I guess? This confuses me because Zen. Zen might be a revision of an old character or something?

And did you guys see Kuma in Zangief's stage? Possible Tekken chars coming?

It's not Kuma, it's just a bear. Zangief wrestling bears for training has been part of his backstory since SF2.
And as for now the roster is missing 2 new characters (Laura & Zen), and 1 returning character:
oyyZeJI.jpg

TheOGB

Banned
I just had a horrific thought: what are the chances of Capcom putting x2 Fight Money codes in bags of DORITOS® brand tortilla chips?

Why did we make a new thread?
Getting close to 20,000 posts which is the normal cut-off point for threads, and from IntelliHeath:
Reason: I mightn't able to be online for next few days depend on how bad my location would be affected by Hurricane Joaquin.
Hope you don't get hit too hard, Heath.

mbpm1

Thought:

If Ono is revealing stuff at NYCC I hope regardless of whatever character he gives us we get a New York street stage with food vendors and obnoxious tourists and annoyed taxis and it takes place in Times Square

Just go all out

Zombine

Banned
Is there a street fighter panel at NYCC? I didn't hear about it.

Thought:

If Ono is revealing stuff at NYCC I hope regardless of whatever character he gives us we get a New York street stage with food vendors and obnoxious tourists and annoyed taxis and it takes place in Times Square

Just go all out

Have the tourists looking up ignoring the fight and stopping abruptly for no good reason.

TheOGB

Banned
Thought:

Just go all out
The return of Hadouken Cabs

they pull up for everyone except Rashid, Necalli, and Laura
because they're new

Shadoken

I remember in the last thread some people were saying Zen could be to Dhalsim what Oni is to Akuma.

Could that be possible ? Laura Zen and Urien are the final characters ?

mbpm1

Have the tourists looking up ignoring the fight and stopping abruptly for no good reason.

Every once in a while a local in a business suit will walk directly through the fight stage, passing in between the fighters without even looking or saying excuse me

Scotia

Banned
dlc should be just new characters to SF and everyone would have to hold that shit

I don't think every DLC character should be a new character, but Capcom have been nailing these new character designs so I'd love loads of new characters post release. More than like 3 new characters for DLC would be amazing.

Top Bottom