• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

Zerojul

I don't think every DLC character should be a new character, but Capcom have been nailing these new character designs so I'd love loads of new characters post release. More than like 3 new characters for DLC would be amazing.

So true. Newcomers so far have been nothing but awesome, I want more. The overall quality of those new designs is Capcom's most significant win for this new SF imo.

BokehKing

Banned
Don't think I'm buying this (at launch/@ $60) if Guile and Blanka are not part of the main roster, the more they introduce new faces the more they push me away.

TheOGB

Banned
First tease went up...
kQI48

Blanka will go to Brazil in next week for @BrasilGameShow and preparation signing session at @PlayStation_BR See you

IT'S PIKACHU!

Zerojul

Ono's trolling plans were great. Too bad it's all for naught this time.
What if it's a trap in the trap and Blanka really comes back and is officially annouced next instead of Laura ?

TheOGB

Banned
It's like finding out what gift you're getting for your birthday but your friend had a scavenger hunt planned

Which actually makes me feel worse because my birthday's on the Tuesday after BGS/NYCC

KAL2006

Banned
Can anyone remember for SF4 or USF4 when the last character reveal was before the game released. The reason I am asking is because it seems all the characters are getting revealed too soon. If Zen and Dhalsim are revealed in November. And the game releases in March. That's 3 months gap between last character revealed and the release of the game.

I could see it happening. I mean, we are testing out the game for them with Beta. Eventually we're going to try everyone out.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Man, Ono must be especially pissed at the leak. As someone who doesn't ever need to see Blanka again, I'm glad the leak spared us this little drama.

I'm just happy I dont have to go through the horror of seeing that picture and thinking Blanka is returning. Thank fuck hes not.

Or is he.

Kouichi

Whoa new thread!

Dammit that Ono tease would have been so perfect before the leak. You know a bunch of people in here would be thinking Blanka and going nuts.

Mista Koo

I wonder if we're getting Sakura instead of Dhalsim as the last veteran. We've got Mika's rival but not Karin's, also they're supposedly focusing on the story?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if we're getting Sakura instead of Dhalsim as the last veteran. We've got Mika's rival but not Karin's, also they're supposedly focusing on the story?
They can make up an easy reason for her to be there as the owner of a big corporation. I really don't think we will get Sakura so quickly.

JediLink

At this point I have a strong feeling the "Classic 8" is strictly SF2 characters.

KAL2006

Banned
Dhalsim makes too much sense for the starting roster. He plays nothing like anyone, brings diversity to the roster and is totally unique. He is the Ying to the Yang which is Zangief. Someone this unique doesn't make sense as DLC. Dhalsim is not one of those characters that would sell alot as a DLC character as I don't see many people who want to use him as his pastor is too strange for some people. So for him being forced into the starting roster ensures he gets alot of exposure and adds something to the roster. Looking at the roster overall it seems Capcom has put alot of thought into to ensure there is diversity. Of course people want Sagat, Akuma, Sakura, Alex and etc. But I think Capcom has done the right thing to ensure there is adds good diverse starting roster in terms of playstyle and character nationalities. And peiple probably hate that half roster is SF2 but again I think that was a good idea, this ensures SFV gets casual recognision. People need to be patient the fan favourites will come as DLC which would give the game life throughout the years.

SimSimIV

Dhalsim makes too much sense for the starting roster. He plays nothing like anyone, brings diversity to the roster and is totally unique. He is the Ying to the Yang which is Zangief. Someone this unique doesn't make sense as DLC. Dhalsim is not one of those characters that would sell alot as a DLC character as I don't see many people who want to use him as his pastor is too strange for some people. So for him being forced into the starting roster ensures he gets alot of exposure and adds something to the roster. Looking at the roster overall it seems Capcom has put alot of thought into to ensure there is diversity. Of course people want Sagat, Akuma, Sakura, Alex and etc. But I think Capcom has done the right thing to ensure there is adds good diverse starting roster in terms of playstyle and character nationalities. And peiple probably hate that half roster is SF2 but again I think that was a good idea, this ensures SFV gets casual recognision. People need to be patient the fan favourites will come as DLC which would give the game life throughout the years.

I really hope you are right, as I would love to have Dhalsim in the starting roseter, but I can't help but feeling scared he is not. Both Guile and Sagat are iconic characters from sf2, and they also cover the zoning/spacing play style pretty well.. Also people just seem to hate Dhalsim in general..But that gaming event in India in november gives me some hope.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think Dhalsim would be sick in this game, he would probably be pretty offense oriented.

Nachtmaer

Such a shame Laura got leaked. I really wanted to see the fallout from these teases.

I still wonder what's up with those slides and tweets about one more newcomer and two returning characters. I guess the best thing to do is to just ignore it.

It'd be a shame to have Sim replace another possible 3s candidate, but I don't mind him too much as a character. My personal #1 of SFII character to get the boot for a 3s character (or even Juri) still goes to Cammy. I'm still pretty bitter about how dumb she was in Super and AE and she's the most boring female character after Karin, Mika and now Laura got added. But eh, opinions and all.

I wish Bogard didn't leak her, let alone famitsu. THEN we would be shitting our pants at those teases.
All we had was a name and a country, we knew nothing about her otherwise so you can be damn sure people would be going apeshit over the possibility of Blanka as the last returning vet

Zerojul

I really hope you are right, as I would love to have Dhalsim in the starting roseter, but I can't help but feeling scared he is not. Both Guile and Sagat are iconic characters from sf2, and they also cover the zoning/spacing play style pretty well.. Also people just seem to hate Dhalsim in general..But that gaming event in India in november gives me some hope.
There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Top Bottom