• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

Do not want Gill as final boss, didn't like him in 3 (he has a regular ass name, ice/flame gimmick is lame), and I don't like Seth as a copycat boss. The good aspect of Gill was that he didn't seem super evil like Bison, but eh.

Give me just super Bison, like in alpha 3, or just a rival system like in Alpha 2. Or someone more interesting than Gill/Seth.

Dunno what I want, I only know what I don't want!

Pompadour

Do not want Gill as final boss, didn't like him in 3 (he has a regular ass name, ice/flame gimmick is lame), and I don't like Seth as a copycat boss. The good aspect of Gill was that he didn't seem super evil like Bison, but eh.

Give me just super Bison, like in alpha 3, or just a rival system like in Alpha 2. Or someone more interesting than Gill/Seth.

I want a new final boss like every SF game (except Alpha, I guess). I can see Urien being the final boss here, though.

Scotia

Banned
So when's the next reveal scheduled to be? Ono constantly announcing events he's going to months in advance is kinda throwing me off a bit.

yurinka

I want Maki.
Me too. But I smell we'll get this instead:

cutcaster-photo-800970284-Traditional-Japanese-food-maki-rolls-on-a-wooden-board.jpg

There doesn't need to be 2 at PSX. I suspect the announcement at PSX will be the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour announcement.
99.9% of Street Fighter players aren't pro players and aren't interested at all in Capcom Pro Tour even as spectators.

PSX is a Sony PR event so its announcement must be something mainstream to appeal most players. So expect the announcement of at least one highly popular (between all players, not between the most hardcore ones) returning character. And maybe some cool stuff for PS users, like the next beta being open to every PS4 PS+ players, a SFV PS4 demo or something like that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is not the time for Alex to make his SFV debut. It's time for another Lady to be revealed.

I meant as anytime in future. In fact, I don't care if he didn't make in initial roster but at long he would shown up in SFV in the future. If he didn't make in then I'm glad that I already have a character ready!

Scotia

Banned
Should I expect to see your meltdown again if we didn't get Alex announcement this week?

I want Alex in too

No, I won't have a meltdown again (although I was more bothered by the reveal being another SF2 character than it not being Alex). If it's a SF2 character I'll just scream internally.

I don't really want Mika, but I can't complain about this roster anymore now that we have Vega. I didn't dare to dream he would be in, now the roster is perfect. Here's hoping for a shirtless alt though.

Also, my roster prediction is still spot on. I don't think I had Mika though, I'll have to check. I had Vega as a "I don't know who the fuck will be here" joke guess.

99.9% of Street Fighter players aren't pro players and aren't interested at all in Capcom Pro Tour even as spectators.

PSX is a Sony PR event so its announcement must be something mainstream to appeal most players. So expect the announcement of at least one highly popular (between all players, not between the most hardcore ones) returning character. And maybe some cool stuff for PS users, like the next beta being open to every PS4 PS+ players, a SFV PS4 demo or something like that.

I never said they wouldn't reveal a character there. I only said that they wouldn't do two of them because capcom pro tour announcement will likely take place there. And although most people aren't interested in it, the actual Capcom Cup Finals are happening at the PSX and the audience does understand money. Announcing a 1 million dollar prize pool for next year's CC would still be a huge deal.

Maligna

Banned

We need Ingrid for the final boss. They've never had a lady final boss and she's the strongest character canonically.

ZdkDzk

It would be really weird for the boss to be Urien, considering how weak he is compared to half the cast of 3. All the bosses up until 4 were supposed to be leagues stronger than almost everyone on the roster. It would be really weird to step down from Gill, leader of the illuminati and new world messiah, to Urien, who lost to his brother (even while Gill was trying to throw the match) and Chun-Li. They can still twist the plot of 3 since the story is kind of in flux, but it's clear Urien isn't on the same level as Bison and Gill.

Lulubop

It would be really weird for the boss to be Urien, considering how weak he is compared to half the cast of 3. All the bosses up until 4 were supposed to be leagues stronger than almost everyone on the roster. It would be really weird to step down from Gill, leader of the illuminati and new world messiah, to Urien, who lost to his brother (even while Gill was trying to throw the match) and Chun-Li. They can still twist the plot of 3 since the story is kind of in flux, but it's clear Urien isn't on the same level as Bison and Gill.

Could be Illuminati eye, powered up Urien. But yea, he seems like a jobber canon wise.

If shes a favorite of Onos then I am hopeful she won't be redesigned. Fingers crossed she is revealed!
redesigned or not there'll still be some level of change just from interpreting her from 2D to 3D, plus the whole story thing of time having passed.
I just hope they focus on her silliness and over the top personality rather than mistaking what people like about her with what detractors try and paint her as. In line with that concern I'm also hoping against hope that we don't get a repeat of Cammy's camera's 'choice' angles for her :s

Maybe they can go to the old, four bosses format (instead of the dumb rival thing, where the "boss" is just some regular character): Urien, Psycho Bison, Gill, New Guy (I don't know. Abyss?).

All hints point towards Mika or Blanka.

So you can be 100% sure its NOT them
Because Ono.
Any other favorite characters of his? I think he likes Juri a lot because he helped create her (was reading some older quotes about him talking about the character).

And to make Urien more interesting, they could make his V-skill give him armored moves. Aka he transforms into a more powerful form like his intro animation but x10. So a true mecha gief kappa.

It can't be, unless Ono is ultimate trolling (which sadly is possible) it's gonna be R. Mika.
After the horrors of the Kuma costume and Decapre reveal, my brain can't even process the possibility of them revealing Mika. Every time I try it just goes "DON'T TRUST THEIR LIES" XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom