• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V story mode key art, screenshots

That high quality looking Azam in the preview images looks a lot like he could be a Season 2 contender.

I'm beyond excited to play this. I had no idea that I could get a chance to play Urien before he officially comes out.

This game is dead in retail. Capcom won't spend a cent more. There will be no season 2.

Remember: Killer Instinct for Xbox One launched with six characters, and barebone features, yet got TWO additional seasons with a breadth of new content with each season. I think Street Fighter V will be just fine.

LakeEarth

The fights in story mode are going to be one round AGAIN? Could they at least double the health so that the fights don't last 8 seconds?

dan2026

CkhIovGUUAERcsa.jpg:orig

Why the hell do they keep using this guy for the art?
He's fucking terrible.

Hey, a lot of (weird) people love GGXrd's story modes. All the convoluted storylines of C-Tier anime with none of that fighting game gameplay to get in the way.
I liked Xrd's story mode :/

Nowhere near the reason I bought the games, but still.

And yeah, Balrog notwithstanding, the art looks fine.

Pompadour

I liked Xrd's story mode :/

Nowhere near the reason I bought the games, but still.

It's just so bizarre people trumpet that as a fighting game story mode done right?

They're literally getting rid of the thing fighting games are best known for (the gameplay) and focusing entirely on arguably the biggest weakness of the genre (the story).

Toxi

Banned
I think I literally fell asleep at 3 different points of that uh.... incredible... story
It is seriously the most boring fucking story in a video game I've ever seen. Considering the amazing colorful cast of Guilty Gear, that's an achievement.

Also, I-No barely appeared in it, so it automatically gets an F.
He's wearing a suit in that art just like he wears a suit at the beginning of matches before he rips it off.
I'm guessing he'll not rip his clothes off at the start of a match and instead do it for his V-trigger.

Piccoro

The fights in story mode are going to be one round AGAIN? Could they at least double the health so that the fights don't last 8 seconds?

One round fights make sense story wise. When you're fighting an opponent you encountered on the street you don't have a referee saying go to your corner, then begins round 2, lol.
Multi round fights are for tournaments.

It's just so bizarre people trumpet that as a fighting game story mode done right?

They're literally getting rid of the thing fighting games are best known for (the gameplay) and focusing entirely on arguably the biggest weakness of the genre (the story).
Oh, didn't know people went that far, lol

It was enjoyable, sure. Wouldn't champion it as an example of doing anything right, though.

ElFly

Even if Urien doesn't rip off his clothes during his V-Trigger, chances are his story mode clothes will be banana hammock.

Skilletor

One round fights make sense story wise. When you're fighting an opponent you encountered on the street you don't have a referee saying go to your corner, then begins round 2, lol.

That's what my thinking was. This isn't supposed to be arcade mode.

Even though we've heard time & time again that there will be future content & support, that Capcom has always intended to support SFV for years, and that Street Fighter games do well over a long period of time, we still get posters who are either wishfully hoping that they stop supporting SFV, or just refuse to believe they will.

This game will be supported for years to come. Stop fooling yourselves.

Tizoc

Guilty gear's story mode in the xx games was 1 round fights

So hype for Juri, and glad to hear they just dropped the weird Zenny system

I wonder what the initial reason for it even was? To get people to spend more to buy "packs" of money to get what they want (presumably)

what's up with the auto pilot sfv apologies?

They just scrapped an unreleased feature 4 months after launch and they are announcing that the new mode is basically half assed.

Step up your fucking game, people.

spending real cash to buy fake cash to buy in game stuff being replaced with spending real cash to buy in game stuff isn't scrapping a feature

Agreed. I really didnt want to see a guy in a thong prancing about. Now, Juri on the other hand...

I don't think Urien is one to "prance about" but sure continue with this line of stupidity

I liked it because I could get through the story, which was pretty enjoyable in GG, without the stupid Blaz/MK thing where everywhere a character goes it's "Hey guy who's been my best friend for years, I heard you said my shirt was ugly so now we have to have a three round fight in the middle of this world ending event!" And then I have to stop and fight the shitty brain dead AI (although according to SF threads that's actually what most people buy the games to do, so what do I know).

spending real cash to buy fake cash to buy in game stuff being replaced with spending real cash to buy in game stuff isn't scrapping a feature

It shows that the planning for this game was a fucking mess and that the development was rushed (as it shows the subpar product they shipped in the first place). It doesn't matter if the feature was terrible (IMO it was), that's not the point i'm trying to make.

Well at least Balrog won't have those lips in-game.

...At least I hope not.

Ibuki's character model was outsourced to a Canadian artist. If Balrog was handled similarly by a westerner, the model will probably be way more racially sensitive than that Bengus mess.

ethomaz

Banned
Absolutely amazing.

That was better than my best expectations.

Now stop to work on SP and fix the online Capcom.

Top Bottom