• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide : Squad; Kill The Justice League | Review Thread

Freeman76

Anyone who plays this game to the end, finishes those boss fights, see's their "conclusions" and rates this anything higher than a 4 is a fucking hack.
There are still hundreds of thousands of ppl which such a severe addiction to the newest thing it will sell just based off that. Lots of ppl dont care if its a dialled in load of shit (check the OT for proof of that) they will still buy it hoping it fills a void and then convince themselves it was worth it.

There will also be a small group of players who genuinely enjoy it.

BUT

I agree, any serious or hardened gamer trying to defend this shit excuse for a game needs a reality check, to go from the best trilogy in all of gaming to this shit is indefensible.

Nydius

VGC:
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a visually stunning anti-hero romp

Respectfully to the VGC reviewer, I submit the following suggestion:

E86FiBi.jpg

MiguelItUp

How can they. They are owned by Warnerbros which stated all gaas all the time. Even Mortal Kombat is not safe. They want to court the fortnite kids, but they are busy with fortnite. Shit they probably don't even know who suicide squad is. Don't understand how they can not make single player games for people like myself who will buy them. Oh well, it was a good run, 4 batman games will have to do.
That's true, and WB have been doing the whole "buy coins" thing since, what? Shadow of War? I can't recall, but they've been implementing purchasable currency in their full priced games for awhile now, unfortunately.

Honestly, bright and colors shouldn't automatically equate Fortnite IMO, unless it had a similar graphic style too. But I think it's clear they wanted to make something different, and they did. I think it's also why the game takes place in Metropolis and not Gotham. But it's clearly something that a lot of people were never onboard with.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rocksteady was under constant pressure from WB to make the game what it is today. It's now clear that GaaS isn't something they excelled at in the first place, and a lot of people apparently agree.

It's a shame that WB is the way they are. They've got their hand on so many great IPs, but things are just getting worse and worse.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Dude Sefton HIll and Jamie Walker are long gone. They might as well have been the Dr's from BioWare. The Rocksteady you want just isnt there anymore. Forget it.

Hill and Walker already started a new studio. Id start paying attention to that if you long for that old Rocksteady goodness.
You might be right...but I'm still hoping some of the talent has remained and the ship can be righted. Such a shame for such a Legendary game studio to go from Top of the World to Bottom of the Barrel with just one game release.

MiguelItUp

You might be right...but I'm still hoping some of the talent has remained and the ship can be righted. Such a shame for such a Legendary game studio to go from Top of the World to Bottom of the Barrel with just one game release.
I'd blame WB Games for anything and everything, personally.

Can someone playing this game post a SS of Wonder Woman bio?
I'll see if I have access to it, if so I got you. I haven't even looked at the codex stuff.

MiguelItUp

What’s funny is the reaction to MTX in Shadow of War was so bad, Monolith were given permission to remove it. Despite this, WB brass keep forcing their studios to do it at the cost of the studios reputation.

“This one is sure to be a hit!”

The gaming industry is bizarre.
Yeah no kidding. The same thing in Mortal Kombat 1 hasn't been doing it any favors at all. It's all such a mess. Apparently WB loves to act like they need more money when they don't.

MiguelItUp

I saw someone on Youtube saying that her bio mention 'toxic masculinity' and franquily I do't believe it.

Now I see that is true after all. This is really Sweet Baby doing, no douby anymore.
Lol, I was wondering why you wanted to see it. TBH I didn't even bother reading it. Well, Rocksteady isn't being forced at gunpoint to work with them, or listen to their ideas. So it was either their fault, or WB. Or both. 🤷‍♂️

Not like Sweet Baby kicked the door in and was like, "WE CHANGE IT ALL NOW!"

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Had this been an Arkham game I would have already preordered. I am glad I skipped this. I just don’t like the Suicide Squad.
According to the reviews, the best thing about the game seems to be the cutscenes…

So just watch the cutscenes on YouTube, it’s free and you save a lot of time.
I did this and shut it off. It’s the same plot as the film (in a way). I get how it’s different. I don’t know if I’ll trust Rocksteady after this. They hit a home run with the Batman games.

Gambit2483

You just know a woman/feminist wrote this dribble. That's not the problem. The problem is them actually putting this bullshit in the mouth of Lex Luthor...Give me a Break!

Putting feminists in the game industry was a mistake. They can't respect the Fandom or the legacy of the character(s) and instead feel the need to inject their own political views and biases into well established characters or worse, self inserts. I hope the industry course corrects when this shit eventually backfires on them.

peish

I watched youtube snippets of this game, oh dear how can anyway stand the constant quipping of shitty humor?

Lmao.

They "solved" toxic "masculinity...bruvs, I haven't kept up with the current continuity, but no males were allowed on paradise island on punishment of DEATH rofl; I guess being a bunch of toxic cunts themselves it cancels out the toxic polarity...

Also in new 52 the amazons literally raped fishermen and then drowned them by throwing them overboard, so they could reproduce.
happy zapp brannigan GIF

MiguelItUp

WW from injustice gives her a run for her money
I was going to say, her model is light years better than the Injustice 1/2 one...
lets hope Monolith do a better job with their WW game lol
I mean, the game experience will probably be more appealing to the masses than this was. But if you have "problems" with writing or anything, I'm sure those things may still exist as it's still a WB Games published title.

FeralEcho

AreaJugones gives the extremely polished Suicide Squad a 4/10.

Last year they gave the unfinished trainwreck of Redfall a 7.5/10.

Honestly, they should be taken off Metacritic for their lack of editorial coherence between their various reviews.
If it's an extremely polished turd does it even matter, it's still a turd in the end? I haven't played redfall but perhaps they thought it was a buggy broken release that at least had some redeeming qualities although a 7.5 is still too high for that pos but maybe that was the thought process.

Perrott

Gold Member
If it's an extremely polished turd does it even matter, it's still a turd in the end? I haven't played redfall but perhaps they thought it was a buggy broken release that at least had some redeeming qualities although a 7.5 is still too high for that pos but maybe that was the thought process.
If Suicide Squad is a turd, then Redfall (which I'm taking as a reference for being a recent, well-known example of a fully broken game on all levels) is like being shot in the knee and having your wallet stolen.

The kinds of games that get (and should get) scores below Redfall are the ones that belong to the league of Gollum.

Suicide Squad is certainly not a Gollum and far away from being Redfall.

Remember, Redfall was a first-person shooter with janky gameplay, dull open-world and level design, straight up broken enemy AI, bugs everywhere, technical issues and in DF's words "an unacceptable PC port".

Suicide Squad on the other hand is a serviceable open-world third person shooter that has very high production values, is well-written and has an engaging storyline. It's biggest issues are that the gameplay style chosen for the title feels a little forced given the IP that it's working with and that the pseudo-RPG and live-service elements add nothing to the experience.

Those are the reasons why you'd give that kind of game a 7 or a 6 at worst instead of a higher score, but they certainly don't justify rating it worse than, again, a broken game and on par with freaking Gollum & Co.

Last edited:

Freeman76

What’s funny is the reaction to MTX in Shadow of War was so bad, Monolith were given permission to remove it. Despite this, WB brass keep forcing their studios to do it at the cost of the studios reputation.

“This one is sure to be a hit!”

The gaming industry is bizarre.
There was none of this in Hogwarts so I'm not so sure it's just WB brass to blame, if there is a franchise to sell skins and battle passes its HP

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Shroud looks to be enjoying it.

One good thing is I think the go woke go broke narrative is finally breaking through. All this pandering in games is really turning people off and these western cevs are going to have to accept that they are going to work themselves to be unemployed.

Good

Top Bottom