• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Birdy the Mighty:Decode 02 - 4

iNXdpsaQsnjrN.jpg

ibi9iVwUU31tOF.jpg

iHJV2EwGCmBZg.jpg

I thought this episode had some nice art direction.

Well, the opening scene of this episode was pretty bad. I don't know why we need the idol/otaku scenes because they're just not very good and they have nothing to do with the rest of the show. Fortunately the rest of the episode has nothing to do with it, but that just raises the question of why you would open an episode with an irrelevant scene.

The rest of the episode was quite good, dealing with some heavy subject matter with a deft touch that avoided melodrama or trivialization. A nicely directed episode from Takahiro Harada.

Westlo

Any Muv-Luv VN fans in here? Can I play the VNs without spoiling Total Eclipse for myself? I heard the first 20 hours of Muv Luv has nothing to do with the sort of thing in TE... but I would like some confirmation that it's safe, or at least the first part is.

The best news about 2-cour is we might see a Supercell OP.

Holy shit.

They'll probably keep that otaku shit to the ED and go for something more "mainstream" for the OP, gotta have dat international appeal.

BluWacky

They'll probably keep that otaku shit to the ED and go for something more "mainstream" for the OP, gotta have dat international appeal.

What international appeal does Ling Tosite Sigure have? What international appeal, frankly, does any Japanese band have? And even when they do go with a band with international appeal for anime tie-in songs the songs inevitably get stripped out of the foreign releases because licensing costs are too high...

Horizon s2 10

My favorite part of Macbeth is when Macbeth and Duncan turn into giant mechs and fight to the death.

There were some pretty good lines in the 2nd half there, and that one track that played for like 8 minutes straight was great. When does the soundtrack for this come out?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
has there been any animated footage of psycho pass yet, or is all this hype excreting out of duckroll?
All from Duckroll and I'm still trying to figure out why. Every time I ask I get no answer.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that he's somehow affiliated with noitamainA/IG.

Westlo

What international appeal does Ling Tosite Sigure have? What international appeal, frankly, does any Japanese band have? And even when they do go with a band with international appeal for anime tie-in songs the songs inevitably get stripped out of the foreign releases because licensing costs are too high...

It's not jpop! Can always do a TOA and just keep the instrumental as well.

There were some pretty good lines in the 2nd half there, and that one track that played for like 8 minutes straight was great. When does the soundtrack for this come out?

10th of October.

Edit - Well beaten.

All from Duckroll and I'm still trying to figure out why. Every time I ask I get no answer.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that he's somehow affiliated with noitamainA.

Did he hype Guilty Crown up?

Jarmel

Banned

I think it's pretty clear at this point that he's somehow affiliated with noitamainA/IG.

Seriously?

If you're serious it's because it has Urobuchi writing and the visuals are being done by the Guilty Crown crew. Not to mention pretty much everyone involved in the project is pretty much considered topnotch. There isn't a reason not to be hyped for this.

fertygo

I will keep my expectation in acceptable range for PSYCHO-PASS
We smack BONES all the time, but I.G made these in just few year.

Eden of the East, Blood-C, Guilty Crown.

Amazing..

fertygo

How dare you forget RICK'S BREAD!

That's intentionally shitty made anime though.

Those anime that I listed supposed to be "great" (And two of them have staff that saying this is their next GitS just like "cough""cough") and we see how it goes.

Westlo

RICK'S BREAD IS GOOD YOU BAKAS!!

e: this is where i realize that fertygo is implying eden of the east was bad

I stopped watching after the special effects incident.. more due to time than anything, isn't the series considered generally good but the movies are shit?

Soma

I'm not sure if it's funny or sad that I literally forgot the actual title of Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan (just now had to look it up) since I've just had that show mentally checklisted officially as "Rick's Bread".

So I am going to watch Sengoku Collection 1-24 when I return from work and I feel that everything wicked in my life is just me tempting fate.

You can not save a man from himself.

I will keep my expectation in acceptable range for PSYCHO-PASS
We smack BONES all the time, but I.G made these in just few year.

Eden of the East, Blood-C, Guilty Crown.

Amazing..

but Usagi Drop and Kimi ni Todoke were good, maybe they should make more animes for girls.

Branduil

Birdy the Mighty:Decode 02 - 5

ihqQRtYh0OvHP.jpg

Dat technobabble.

Quite a lot of stuff happened in this episode. It didn't feel rushed, so I guess that's a credit to the editing and direction.

There was some really nice sakuga animation in this episode. The hair in particular during the fight scene was really nicely animated. I also thought the scene where Tsutomu wakes up had an unusual amount of expressiveness put into it. Maybe I'll gif it later.

I was wondering if the show would ever examine the discomfort of
being a teenage boy trapped in an idol's body.
See, the difference between these scenes and the one in the previous episode is that they actually added to the story and characterization. It was pretty amusing to see
Tsutomu
have to deal with being objectified.

Ninja Scroll series fin

What a bad show. I wanted to give this a good score but almost everything was bad about it, especially Jubei and the flat characters wich had no development at all.

3/10

Any Muv-Luv VN fans in here? Can I play the VNs without spoiling Total Eclipse for myself? I heard the first 20 hours of Muv Luv has nothing to do with the sort of thing in TE... but I would like some confirmation that it's safe, or at least the first part is.

Total Eclipse features completely different characters in a different setting than the VNs, so you don't have to worry about spoilers, at least with anything from the show so far.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not sure if it's funny or sad that I literally forgot the actual title of Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan (just now had to look it up) since I've just had that show mentally checklisted officially as "Rick's Bread".

Ricks Bread showed me the lovely character that is Xiaomei. I am forever grateful.

Westlo

Ninja Scroll series fin

What a bad show. I wanted to give this a good score but almost everything was bad about it, especially Jubei and the flat characters wich had no development at all.

3/10

To watch a Jubei that isn't flat I suggest you watch Jubei Chan the Ninja Girl 2!

Total Eclipse features completely different characters in a different setting than the VNs, so you don't have to worry about spoilers, at least with anything from the show so far.

Thanks, guess I will dive in, by the time I get to the meat of the VNs Total Eclipse will probably have finished airing by than.

fertygo

Thanks, guess I will dive in, by the time I get to the meat of the VNs Total Eclipse will probably have finished airing by than.

The VN is great, its make me jump to the untranslated VN's for the first time to read the side-stories/extension.

Too bad TE's anime is so shit for its visual, as expected from Satelight (The CG is good tho, would be not different from what I see from the VN anyway, although sometime the slideshow from VN sprite look better lol), the only reason I keep watching because its gonna help me when I read the VN one day.

To watch a Jubei that isn't flat I suggest you watch Jubei Chan the Ninja Girl 2!

I wouldn't be surprised if Total Eclipse eventually heads in a direction that has some potential spoilers for the Alternative VN, it just hasn't happened so far.

Soma

Kokoro Connect 6-10

inOUKhK8rMdBZ.jpg

Well that was pretty alright.

Definitely what I expected out of the conclusion but I do like how it all transpired. I found the drama and acting was pretty convincing for the most part. I appreciate that this arc felt more toned down than the last one. As much as I find the antagonist's motives silly I do like him for the fact that he's basically
that little push to get these kids' silly high school problems dealt with
. The development at the end was nice to see even though everyone saw it coming (except good ol' Taichi of course). So I'm interested to see where that goes. So in the end, my thoughts on the show are pretty much the same. It's definitely not as bad or as frustrating as I had my low expectations set on, however I honestly don't see myself coming back to this show years or possibly months after. It's just kinda above average for me though there is definitely a chance that this could change by the end of the show. I don't regret catching up on this.

Now I'm trying to decide on what to watch next.

I honestly don't have much motivation to finish up Natsuyuki Rendevous anymore. I should probably catch up on Binbougami Ga! since I've been hearing relatively positive things about it lately.

Might start up Joshiraku since I hear it's not as boring as the first episode looked and maybe even Mystery Imouto because I could use some silly smut in my life. Still need to finish Soredemo and Eden of the East too now that I think about it.

fertygo

I wouldn't be surprised if Total Eclipse eventually heads in a direction that has some potential spoilers for the Alternative VN, it just hasn't happened so far.

I dunno if TE gonna cover
Operation Ouka
or not, but Westlo maybe would not know how big the deal is even if he catch it on TE's anime first and just realize it when he reach that part in Alternative's VN.

Westlo

I feel like its going to be a mediocre show just by looking at the name. ;P

It's leagues better than Ninja Scroll TV and Ninja Resurrection, why the fuck you watching Resurrection for? What's next? Sword of Truth?

Ahk, well hopefully fertygo is right.

Its not a bad show.

Good man. Btw he doesn't need to watch Jubei chan 1 to watch 2 right? And 2 was much better than the first as well yeah?

Thoraxes

I Hope I Don't Accidentally Sleep With My Imouto - 10

At first my heart exploded into a million pieces... Then I saw this:

bh2E0.jpg

and completely lost my shit laughing.

cajunator

Banned
It's leagues better than Ninja Scroll TV and Ninja Resurrection, why the fuck you watching Resurrection for? What's next? Sword of Truth?

Ahk, well hopefully fertygo is right.

Good man. Btw he doesn't need to watch Jubei chan 1 to watch 2 right? And 2 was much better than the first as well yeah?

Im not sure actually. I only have the first one.
It has moments of cuteness and badassery though and a ninja girll with a heart eyepatch. I mean its not fine art but its fun.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
One of my favorite students wants to be a mangaka. She's still in junior high, but I told her I support her and her dream 100% and if she ever wanted to talk or needed help, to come to me. She looked like she was gonna cry. I don't think anybody's ever told her that!

She be guud at the arts. I think she draws doujin as well.

A2rJTJuCQAIo2vP.jpg

Awwww! That's so awesome! And her art is super cute too! :3

Go_Ly_Dow

Every time I see a gif like that I ask myself why I'm not experiencing Kingdom for myself.

because it would destroy us all?

One of my favorite students wants to be a mangaka. She's still in junior high, but I told her I support her and her dream 100% and if she ever wanted to talk or needed help, to come to me. She looked like she was gonna cry. I don't think anybody's ever told her that!

She be guud at the arts. I think she draws doujin as well.

A2rJTJuCQAIo2vP.jpg

awesome!

dB2fH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom