• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakuman runs through my mind every single time I talk to her about manga. It's a bad habit. XD

So I've been reading the Sword Art Online novels in Japanese and I just got to vol. 5.

VAGUE SPOILERS BUT SPOILERS NONETHELESS.
If they plan on adapting through the Fairy Dance arc, they're gonna have a really fantastic point to end the series on. Even if they choose not to adapt anything afterward, it pretty much wraps up the main story that first gets introduced.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 10

Bakajima-kun is good main character, definitely finally dealt with Chisato, which was pretty intense and emotional.

But on the ending moments of the episode
I cant believe Mouri turned out to be some kind of antagonist, I thought he fully supported Oojima, but now to find out it was just because of Kana, and then with Kana and Morishita, who actually was decent, but now that shes a spy is just the worst of the bunch next to Chisato, ugh.

I hope we get a Winnerjima kun somehow, still cant see how they will end it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh wow, Madoka Magica international movie screening announcements!

They're also going to slightly modify the key visual for each region, it seems, though they've only released the United States version so far... (lol)

There's not even any point in me being surprised when the UK is never listed.
My god...the greatest crossover ever!

hvgDn.jpg
ifrLb5pU8BYoE.gif

Your memory scares me.

Defuser

Natsuyuki Rendezvous final
The beginning started out strong and great but it went completely downhill during middle and barely got back within the last 2 episodes with a so so conclusion. Overall it's average. Ghost man is a dick, almost everything got handle over to hazuki without him lifting his finger and staying stoned in the dream. So disappointed.

So I've been reading the Sword Art Online novels in Japanese and I just got to vol. 5.

VAGUE SPOILERS BUT SPOILERS NONETHELESS.
If they plan on adapting through the Fairy Dance arc, they're gonna have a really fantastic point to end the series on. Even if they choose not to adapt anything afterward, it pretty much wraps up the main story that first gets introduced.

Lets look at this way, A1 already cover like 3/4 of Volume 1 and the almost all of volume 2 within 10 episodes and SAO is 2 cour so..... ;)

sonicmj1

Paranoia Agent 10

Well... this was an episode.

I don't like it as much as most of the other episodes, because the guy that they focus on is just kind of pathetic in every way. Even if he
may or may not have been bumping off every other person in the staff
, he's just a lazy, irresponsible guy. We're not given a lot of reason to care what happens to him, despite that classic Kon-styled intercutting framed by his going in and out of consciousness.

The cool (and unexpected) thing here is that the whole episode is set in an anime studio where the staff are trying to crunch and finish an episode of their own. The closest thing I've seen to an anime approaching the production of anime is that short part in OreImo where they're lobbying to make Kirino's LN adaptation better (ugh), and this is much more exhaustive. We even get short rundowns of what role each person has in the making of an anime.

iYB3Qum2PypjO.png

The lead staff are paid in pillows.

It's also pretty friggin' dark. The staff themselves often look pretty disheveled or out of shape, and they're frazzled and overworked trying to meet impossible deadlines. One kink in the chain of command and the whole thing starts falling apart like a line of dominoes. People start taking their frustration out on each other, being abusive and violent. We even get quips from the narration like, "There aren't a lot of girls working in the anime industry, so if you're just a little bit cute, you can easily become an idol." It fits well in the world of the show, but I'd have thought it'd be hard for a studio to make this kind of work about their own industry, unless they were really unhappy.

The preview implies they might be "getting back on track" next episode, but I don't even know what that would look like anymore.

Defuser

Moyashimon Returns Final
Glad to see the old gang back together, professor's wimping and yuki givng sawaki a jealous punch. The france arc is really weak since it focus on 2 people but the festival arc is still awesome.

I want a season 3 :(

fertygo

Moyashimon Returns Final
Glad to see the old gang back together, professor's wimping and yuki givng sawaki a jealous punch. The france arc is really weak since it focus on 2 people but the festival arc is still awesome.

I want a season 3 :(

You mean Silver Spoon anime? :D

Wow at that JoJo ED, they really goes retro.

Joe Molotov

Softenni

So I started watching this show because cute girls doing stuff and whatever, and I knew it was kinda fanservicey but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

wtf this has naked 14 year olds errywhere in it. Oh God, what am I watching? Please don't come and arrest me FBI-sama. :( :( :(

/XX/

He posted a little on AS as well, I think his last post on that forum was "the character designs for AKB0048 are good, what's wrong with them?".
Heh, I can certainly imagine what happened after that!

So I guess that means the dog is in it, after all, even though he was missing from the original key visual.
I'm glad because Danny was obviously essential for this to work well.

Being Jonathan's only support while avoiding the loneliness thanks to him, and to see why the poor thing was made to suffer because of it... JoJo's "maturity" and break from his shunned stance he accepted to really affront things depends of instances like this one.

I don't know of a better substitute to show for key moments like that, on this adaptation.

I guess this CG might've been okay in 2004, but there's no denying that anything in this OVA having to do with actual people is bad. Not just the CG, but the writing, characterization and plot as well. I'm sure that really wasn't the point anyway for IGLOO so I'm willing to cut it a bit of slack for that. The mecha stuff was done much better...liked what they showed off of the Zudah the best (and Char, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom