• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Hells

Definitely a tale of two halves for me. I really enjoyed the first half's bizarre setting, the crazy cast, the unique visuals, and the overall mystery to Linne's presence in Hell.
The movie lost me during the flashback to the world's first murder
. Consequently, I was left bored in the second hour for the most part while waiting for it to end.

Not to say there wasn't some high points in the latter half, namely elements like
Mario manning up, Stealer's sacrifice, the great sense of scale on the powered up sins, and Cain's redemption
but I was no longer invested in the story so the lengthy dialogue that accompanied some of these things seemed wasteful. Also, while I thought the animated sequences were better in the second half, I felt like it wasn't anything particularly unique visually and that I'd seen this sort of thing before. Anything involving Stealer would be an exception here though.

s7QXZl.jpg

This shot early on definitely made a good impression to start.

VVrWcl.jpg
nIwUAl.jpg

FtVjnl.jpg
dQkL0l.jpg

I adored the backgrounds early on and was disappointed they got away from this sort of thing.

The real highlight?
xHB4vl.jpg

8cTsS.gif
Classroom full of monster girls.
qaCet.gif

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 09:

- "incredibly talented"
- Vetti: human random flattery generator
- finally, the origin of the legendary gif
- 10% + 30% > 60%?
- Bibi's accent.......oh god. Amazing things ahead.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 10:

- what the fuck is Bibi supposed to be wearing
- no seriously, she's like a purple female Jabba the Hutt
- "the flaccid illusion of peace"
- I'm sure that Cleo would settle Vetti's score given the chance, ifyouknowwhatimean
- fuck these are the sharpest roses in the universe
- THE HORSE SCENE AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHG

Ultimadrago

Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe - 10

Unfortunately, this episode largely lacked in hilarious QUALITY.

Sul45.png

Well...at least there was a crazy hat and
that tension-filled horse scene
!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 11:

HAVE YOU EVER FOUND YOURSELF MOIST WITH TEARS OF SHAME

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

SOUP OF SHAME

IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT FOR BEING SO GODDAMN PRETTY

AAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHH

LIKE A BITCH IN HEAT.

FABULOUS
rape

"Gee, Cleo, what are we going to do tonight?

The same thing we do every night, Michel--TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD"

undoubtedly the best backstory episode of anything ever. Transcendent. I cried.

Ultimadrago

Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe - 11

r3I0b.png

Beat it, Sankarea.

This single episode beats you in the
creepy father
quota by miles, amongst other things.

Finally, lolRalph
so jealous
and lolEimer
asking "The Wind" if she has gotten "sexier"

Ultimadrago

Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe - 12

This episode consisted of high speed space vessel warfare with constant closeups on the hideous, but "amusing to witness" glass ship for 15 or so minutes. This added along with the glorious lines exchanged between Cleo and Vetti made for another fun ride with the wind.

Jex

I'm pretty sure "the usual way" includes 100% more cock in mouth. This is doujin 101, Dresden. For shame.

Dresden is just filtering what he posts because he understands that this is a family-friendly thread and here you are talking about filth. For shame KO, for shame.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If nothing else, it was a relief to have everyone shouting YUUKI RINRIN, CHOUKYUU SHOUBU! for once instead of Nao blurting it out at random like she's brain-damaged.

Articalys

Apparently A-1 Pictures wanted even more work, so they're doing a special anime commercial for the manga Denpa Kyoushi, to start airing next month.
The wraparound jacket band on the third volume of Takeshi Azuma's Denpa Kyōshi - He Is [an] Ultimate Teacher manga is announcing this month that the manga is being adapted into an anime commercial by A-1 Pictures. The commercial will begin airing around October.

The story centers around Junichirō Kagami, a young man obssesed with manga, anime and games. He was a young genius who published papers in the journals Nature and Science when he was only 17. However, after graduating collage, he became a NEET absorbed in his anime blog. Unable to watch Kagami throw away his life, his sister Suzune gets him to work at the Ichō Academy she attends. The head of the school's board, Koyomi Hiiragi, assigns Kagami to his new life as a teacher.

wonzo

Banned
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 09:

- "incredibly talented"
- Vetti: human random flattery generator
- finally, the origin of the legendary gif
- 10% + 30% > 60%?
- Bibi's accent.......oh god. Amazing things ahead.
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe - 9

Vetti has quite the...erm...err... way with words.

Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 10:

- what the fuck is Bibi supposed to be wearing
- no seriously, she's like a purple female Jabba the Hutt
- "the flaccid illusion of peace"
- I'm sure that Cleo would settle Vetti's score given the chance, ifyouknowwhatimean
- fuck these are the sharpest roses in the universe
- THE HORSE SCENE AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHG
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe - 10

Unfortunately, this episode largely lacked in hilarious QUALITY.

Sul45.png

Well...at least there was a crazy hat and
that tension-filled horse scene
!
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 11:

HAVE YOU EVER FOUND YOURSELF MOIST WITH TEARS OF SHAME

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

SOUP OF SHAME

IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT FOR BEING SO GODDAMN PRETTY

AAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHH

LIKE A BITCH IN HEAT.

FABULOUS
rape

"Gee, Cleo, what are we going to do tonight?

The same thing we do every night, Michel--TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD"

undoubtedly the best backstory episode of anything ever. Transcendent. I cried.
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe - 11

r3I0b.png

Beat it, Sankarea.

This single episode beats you in the
creepy father
quota by miles, amongst other things.

Finally, lolRalph
so jealous
and lolEimer
asking "The Wind" if she has gotten "sexier"
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe 12:

I feel deeply violated by Satelight.
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe - 12

This episode consisted of high speed space vessel warfare with constant closeups on the hideous, but "amusing to witness" glass ship for 15 or so minutes. This added along with the glorious lines exchanged between Cleo and Vetti made for another fun ride with the wind.
glassfleet12.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Smile Precure 29

Once again, Cure Peace steals the show.

Otherwise this episode was just plain fun all around, complete with 2d go-kart racing.

Cure Peace is a miracle of the Universe. she is like the manifestation of pure Cute, sent down to keep us animu heathens at bay.

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai 11-12 ONA 1-4
Man, Kirino and Kuroneko both suck. Why you gotta pursue those girls Kousaka? Manami and Saori are so much better than those filth. The fujoshi girl was kinda funny, but her schtick got old fast.
What this show needs to try to be less serious and more funny. I mean, it's about a girl who's a super athlete and model that is also a hardcore siscon otaku. The premise is ridiculous, so when they try to be realistic and serious, it falls flat. It really shines though when it doesn't try to tackle serious issues. The best episode being the stay over at Manami's house one.

Accel World 23

Aw yeah, shit is getting real! Great swordplay and some cool developments.
Thought Kuroyukihime showing up would be an asspull, but it seems she's just there to keep mystery dude at bay while Taku and Haru take care of the real villain of this arc.

Can it be next week yet?

Articalys

http://www.zetsuen.net/index.html

Zetsuen no Tempest site update. PV3 is in the movies section. Full animation PV with voices, etc. Great action. Kana Hanazawa is confirmed as Aika's voice as well. Key visual got updated too:
Here's a Youtube link for anyone who finds it easier or can't access the site for some reason:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkjLUR97-B4

Something else amusing they're doing to promote the show:
The staff is holding a quiz giveaway campaign between September 15 and November 15, with the top prize being a trip for two to Easter Island. The other prizes include three scripts signed by the staff and cast, five B2-sized tapestries signed by the cast, and 10 replica sketches signed by Kyou Shirodaira and Ren Saizaki. All who participate can receive PC and mobile phone wallpaper.
http://zetsuen-easter.com/

Soma

Hells/Hell's Angels/Whatever

i1Baxrd4V1JkR.jpg

Yeah I'm not sure what else to say about this that hasn't been said here already.

Great visuals, lively action scenes, pretty poor second half.

To put it into context I started this film last week but once the second half rolled around I found myself losing my concentration. Finally managed to sit myself down and give it a thorough viewing but it got to a point where I was pretty much just waiting for it to end. Maybe I just have a really short attention span or something but the story just wasn't jiving with me all that much. There's definitely some great scenes in the latter half of the movie but it just dragged way too much in my opinion.

That said, this was definitely one of the coolest looking anime I've seen in a long time. I loved the general art style and it made for a wonderfully imaginative setting. I liked a lot of the bizarre yet unique character and monster designs which fit the outlandish backgrounds. Just a shame a lot of those nice looking backgrounds seemed to be more toned down as the film wore on. I'm definitely glad I watched it though and I actually enjoyed how it all ended quite a bit. As much as I found the pacing of much of the movie really slow this is still something I'd recommend to people.

Branduil

I don't really like the gradient hair thing Tempest is doing. Well, at least not in that key visual. It looks better in the preview.

I do like the digital smoke effect at the beginning of the pv.

Branduil

It's actually kinda appealing. I dunno, maybe it's just because I'm a little weird when it comes to certain facial features, but it find the derpy look of her eyes kinda attractive....

What if they have derpy eyes and they're in a wheelchair? Wait, that was dresden.

Basquash 1

This is awesome! I don't care about basketball at all, but this is the kind of creative setting that I love. It's pretty damn stylish too.

ZIUjk.jpg

Who wouldn't want to live in a world where the moon looks like that and sometimes has idol concerts projected on it?

This is what Eureka Seven could have been if it wasn't rage-inducing. Will definitely keep watching it.

wogt5.jpg

Real basketball=MECH BASKETBALL!

cajunator

Banned
Basquash 1

This is awesome! I don't care about basketball at all, but this is the kind of creative setting that I love. It's pretty damn stylish too.

This is what Eureka Seven could have been if it wasn't rage-inducing. Will definitely keep watching it.

Why does that dude have Shredder's mask?

wonzo

Banned
Accel World 23

Show owns when it focuses on the ingame fighting and little else as this episode clearly demonstrated. There's no point doing a breakdown when the ingame stuff is pretty much the whole thing, dumb exposition included.

What if they have derpy eyes and they're in a wheelchair? Wait, that was dresden.
a wheelchair would just be the extra icing on the cake

Jex

[Eureka Seven: Ao] - 20

I don't even know or care anymore. I can't even bring myself to complain about the events that unfolded in this episode.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Basquash 1

It's a fun ride. Goes Japan at the end, but eh.

fertygo

I think it really goes downhill as soon as Moon-tits appears. Sorry to use crude language, but that's basically who she is.

I hope you don't mean the pink rangers since she carrying this show from mediocrity since the director change even with that the anime feel need to destroy it in last 2 episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom