• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
School Days - 06

Funny enough, I'm drinking lemonade as I'm watchi-OH GOD, THIS SHOW IS ENTERING MY MIND.

Hey, taking responsibility and admitting your affair to Katsura! One of the few strokes of sanity on this show, so far. :D

...and they say nothing. And Makoto continues to lie his ass off. The power of love~.

Oh dear, she saw them. It begins. :eek:

Why hello there, giant doll person with vacant eyes staring into my soul! :3

Poor Sawanaga. Any real attempt at humor for this show at this point will slowly be consumed by the evil and stupid, anyway.

Oh lord, the harem is growing, isn't it? Run, Otome! Run before the stupid claims you, too. ;_;

OH FUCK OFF, MAKOTO.

Guys...I don't like what that ominous music at the end is implying.

I really want to try hot lemonade, now. :eek:

cnet128

Banned
I think you misunderstand me, I like the female designs, it's his lame dudes are what I find uninspired and lame.

I can maybe see where you're coming from with Ira, who does look a little generic (though even then, dem eyebrows!), but Uzu and Houka both have really cool designs. I definitely like them better than Satsuki, and possibly even better than Ryuuko.

(Nonon has them all beat, of course.)

cnet128

Banned
:ltd + :dtl = ?

Rejection of all life.

LYtMcaJ.gif

People calling it awful are either being hyperbolic or aren't too crazy about the standard tropes of the genre. It is a very basic shounen series that rarely attempts to be more than what it is, which is just a fun story about fighting mages and a wild guild.

Also, there are A LOT of asspulls, but I personally can forgive that for all the fun that is had. The series definitely has some great moments, even if it's generally pretty predictable and not very tense.

I do recall at the beginning people were really shitting on the adaptation. really budget looking animation, natsu's face was weirdly off. and a bunch of stock footage. And really ugly 'anime exclusive' cg magic circles. I think they got better over time, but I don't recall there ever being a nice sakuga eps if you aren't counting movie. Also a bunch of the fanservice was toned down :<

It's still inappropriate in the overall vibe of LWA.

but just imagine sakuga kissing :3

And there is ways to do kissing that isn't smutty tongue saliva action. It's hard to believe.

Jarmel

Banned

I love all of the designs, well except for the big guy but I hate hulking guys in general in these types of shows, except for this one. My big beef with this one is the belt/tied legs together thing. I actually like the upper body more than in the scans as it looks like the collar isn't actually covering his mouth. It's just the stupidity of having his legs tied together like that.

cajunator

Banned
I love all of the designs, well except for the big guy but I hate hulking guys in general in these types of shows, except for this one. My big beef with this one is the belt/tied legs together thing. I actually like the upper body more than in the scans as it looks like the collar isn't actually covering his mouth. It's just the stupidity of having his legs tied together like that.

That is a rather terrible design.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ew dudes, will not watch.

I'm still going to watch it, but yeah, should've been girls only.

Its unfortunate that they seemed to unfairly skew their character design focus away from such characters leaving only this one as the only great character design.

It's unfortunate there's guys in there to begin with. :lol

Worked fine for Iori Yagami. But I hear you.

Nudull

Banned
School Days - 07

Past the halfway mark of this series, I certainly feel unclean, and I've learned to hate everyone. Except maybe Katsura and her sister. Hope they'll be okay in the end, at least. c:

Ah, the age old question: lolis or zombies? These are pressing matters in the world of School Days. *sagenod*

This Kiyoura person is getting to me. I know I haven't noted her up until now, but something's definitely up.

Watching Katsura get blocked off your own phone and not even bothering to correct it. Oh Makoto, you just ooze loveliness.

I had such hopes for you, Otome... ;_;

Well, well, a more well-rounded and less dickheaded person is chatting it up with Katsura. Welp, can't have that now, can we?

Bombs getting dropped, and poor Katsu's just taking it all. Is this "Let's All Dump On Katsura" Day?...Wait, that's been every day.

Hey, Makoto finally unblocked her...after stalking her for the umpteenth time and allowing Kiyoura to make her look like an idiot and all, but hey, credit where credit is due.

"You're the one who was always saying that we were mean to Kotonoha!" UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE GODDAMN CENTURY.

My, my~. One boy, his girlfriend, and the other lover, all on one roof. Time for some heartfelt sitcom shenanigans! :D

Dat slap. :3

cnet128

Banned
The girls can't have good design or something in your view? I know you can't relate to them, but can they looks cool to you?

Never forget, it is actually possible for DTL to think a female is the best character in a show:

Flowers of Evil Episode 6 &#8211; Flowers of Evil 6 of 13

At this rate the best character in the cast is easily the girl who handed him the handout to give to Saeki

I don't really have a problem with kugiloli .. but i understand your complains.

As for the haxxor level :

1) Milky rose ( yes precure 5 gogo )
2) Cure Ace ( dokidoki precure )
3) Cure moonlight ( heartcatch pretty cure )

All 3 are overpowered , but curemoonlight met a point were she was caught up by the rest, something that didn't happen with milky rose and that i don't see happen ( yet ) with cure ace ...but with mana being haxxor already .... it might .

I think they did catch up to Milky Rose, at least for her to rely on them a lot. And no one's going to reach Cure Ace's level that isn't Cure Heart because they aren't even Cure Hearts level or even relevant.

Westlo

Symphogear S1 + Symphogear G Ep 1 (14 eps in 2 days, most I've done in a long time)

Flawed but I enjoyed the shit outta of it, need more. I guess Maria is this season's Chris. And thank fuck this doesn't have that wack ass 3D GCI/2d mashup dancing like AKB and Love Live.

Kagami

Symphogear S1 + Symphogear G Ep 1

Flawed but I enjoyed the shit outta of it, need more. I guess Maria is this season's Chris. And thank fuck this doesn't have that wack ass 3D GCI/2d mashup dancing like AKB and Love Live.
Ugh that drove me crazy in Love Live. Had to drop the show.
I tolerated it in AKB because of it being more about combat.

The girls can't have good design or something in your view? I know you can't relate to them, but can they looks cool to you?

Looking cool would mean some sort of attraction or appeal to me, so then the answer would be no.

In the context of fiction, I think there are some rather creative and interesting alright designed female characters, Lois Lane, Jane of the Voltori, Chloe Frazer, femShepard, Seven of Nine, are the leading and memorable ones.

cajunator

Banned
School Days - 07

Past the halfway mark of this series, I certainly feel unclean, and I've learned to hate everyone. Except maybe Katsura and her sister. Hope they'll be okay in the end, at least. c:

Ah, the age old question: lolis or zombies? These are pressing matters in the world of School Days. *sagenod*

This Kiyoura person is getting to me. I know I haven't noted her up until now, but something's definitely up.

Watching Katsura get blocked off your own phone and not even bothering to correct it. Oh Makoto, you just ooze loveliness.

I had such hopes for you, Otome... ;_;

Well, well, a more well-rounded and less dickheaded person is chatting it up with Katsura. Welp, can't have that now, can we?

Bombs getting dropped, and poor Katsu's just taking it all. Is this "Let's All Dump On Katsura" Day?...Wait, that's been every day.

Hey, Makoto finally unblocked her...after stalking her for the umpteenth time and allowing Kiyoura to make her look like an idiot and all, but hey, credit where credit is due.

"You're the one who was always saying that we were mean to Kotonoha!" UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE GODDAMN CENTURY.

My, my~. One boy, his girlfriend, and the other lover, all on one roof. Time for some heartfelt sitcom shenanigans! :D

Dat slap. :3

now it gets good.

New eyecatch is a total downgrade. Still uses the same super classy tune, but with an animation that doesn't match it at all.

Speaking of the OP, I'm not usually one to watch the OP with every episode even for those I like, but I haven't yet felt the desire to skip a Doremi OP.

I like it too, but I prefer the first opening and ending.

Ojamajo Doremi # - 27

Magical stage takes it sweet time but never fails...or it does nothing but we need to believe?

Nudull

Banned
School Days - 08

So far, everything seems the same; Makoto and Saionji being terrible, horny people, Katsura angsting, Kiyoura doing her best Wormtongue impression...

Of course, Makoto almost gets motivated by Katsura's cleavage to dance with her as a final request. To think, I once believed that he understood things like guilt or humanity. :3

"I suck." 1. UNDERSTATEMENT., 2. Quite accurate of you to say, dear Makoto.

This episode has mostly been back and forth about Makoto's "relationships", Kiyoura being Kiyoura and maid cafe shenanigans. I'm surprisingly underwhelmed, here.

OH GOD, NOT YOU TOO, KIYOURA. D:

Syrinx

You really shouldn't put each of your sentences/paragraphs in individual spoiler tags. Makes it more of a pain to read, and I so want to read them.

Mushibugyou - Episode 14

Whoever said they stepped up the animation, was right. The battle's look way cooler then before and when that final attack happened, it looked way powerful. Can't wait to see some more action in this show if it's going to look this good.

This anime is very slowly turning into an ecchi anime though. Way too many of those kind of scenes are happening for it not to be.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DokiDoki! Precure - 23

Poor Mana, girl was completely broken. Cure Ace is completely overpowered, but its nice to know she recognizes that and tells the gang to step their game up so they can reach her level. Now the real question is if that's actually going to happen.

Nudull

Banned
You really shouldn't put each of your sentences/paragraphs in individual spoiler tags. Makes it more of a pain to read, and I so want to read them.

I'm trying my best not to bomb this thread with spoilers, though I'll probably just go back to paragraphs for the last four episodes, if things really aren't working out.

Meganebu! Had an update for its first visual and project lead. I think it definiteoy gives free! a run for the money for being anime of the year material. This boy can fight aliens was such a definitive story so this has to be as well since its done by Soubi Yamamoto.

Looks average but delicious glasses.

Kill La Kill character page, translations needed: http://www.kill-la-kill.jp/character/

I do like the character's designs.

DokiDoki! Precure - 23

Poor Mana, girl was completely broken. Cure Ace is completely overpowered, but its nice to know she recognizes that and tells the gang to step their game up so they can reach her level. Now the real question is if that's actually going to happen.

Too big of a goal considering they couldn't keep up with Heart to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom