• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Strike Witches 12 END

http://i.minus.com/iDE2jgqqJGm2w.png

A fitting end.

The :SDBurton was strong in this one. She probably had a lot of maidens in her youth. Overall I really enjoyed this series. It had its downs obviously and was quite :Wonzo to look at a lot of times but the characters more than made up for it. There is also the fanservice which I actually quite liked as is evidenced by my scientific study of such.

Will definitely be checking out further SW content in the future!

A most respectable amount of butts for the final episode all things considered and some actually quite good looking cuts to boot.

S1 Rankings:
Perrine>Lucchini=Hartman>Sanya=Elle>Shirley=Barkhorn>Mio=Minna>Lynette>Miyafuji

Ojamajo Doremi # - 29

So many coincidences.
The eyecatches were updated, so I should expect new
plastic laptop and fairies growing up
. O.O

Theonik

Wow. I'm ashamed I didn't know this term before.
I mean the only reason you'd know was to be reading this thread a lot. We need a glossary.
:cajun - Cute things
:wonzo - QUALITY things
:DTL - FRIENDSHIP, Boys Love, 'Intense' relationships between bros.
:SDBurton - Yuri
:firehawk - Mono no Aware, Sakura Petals, Graduations, the passage of times and emotions.
:chet - Boobs and the love of boobs
Edit:
:kayos - I don't know what this means. I'm so confused. What is .* ???
:duckroll - The CG future
:hito - The Hosoda future (anthro/fur)

Lesser used ones
:kurita - think of Kurita's avatar. Sadness/disappointment
:Kincaido - Waifus.
Edit:
:cuilan - .* with dicks. Cross-dressing.
:izayoi - synonym to :fatalpulse

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox - 02

ZwUAB8e.png
oHsD4bb.png

Telling folktales to explain how babies are brought into this world that's populated only by women. :lol

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I mean the only reason you'd know was to be reading this thread a lot. We need a glossary.
:firehawk - Mono no Aware, Sakura Petals, Graduations, the passage of times and emotions.

Lesser used ones

also
:kayos/:kayo~s - ignorance, obliviousness
:corvo - THE WHITE HOT BURNING RAGE OF A THOUSAND SUNS, also insanity.

Nudull

Banned
School Days - 09

They're falling one by one into Makoto's web, the poor things. I'm surprised, of course, given that the guy is a piece of human waste that won't. stop. GROPING. On the bright side, he does get kneed in the crotch. One small victory at a time. :3

Outside of that, This seems to be more of the same from last episode, what with the constant tugging at the main three and my growing desire to have almost everyone be hit by a meteor.

Pestering women who are already dating someone to go out with you until she says yes! Truly, the path to manhood. Seriously, is everyone on this show this desperate for sex?

Text messages + ominous music...this does not bode well.

...why, Makoto. Just why.

Only three episodes left.
My pain has only just begun, hasn't it?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ANN: Metal Gear's Kojima, Mazinger Z's Nagai, Evangelion's Sadamoto, Ico's Ueda praise del Toro's Pacific Rim film:

Yoji Shinkawa, the artist best known for his work on the Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders game franchises, drew a poster for the Japanese RealD 3D release of Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim film. The illustration depicts the American Jaeger mecha Gypsy Danger posing over the crumpled body of the Kaiju (monster) Knifehead in Shinkawa's signature ink-brush style.

BOy7HbiCQAE4t2F.jpg

Kojima gave his thoughts on the film last week:

Pacific Rim is the ultimate otaku film that all of us had always been waiting for. Who are you, if you are Japanese and won't watch this?

Manga and anime pioneer Go Nagai (Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey) said, "I was overwhelmed by the intense kaijū vs. giant robot action. It was fun!"

Evangelion character designer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto compared the film to a huge, satisfying feast with the best prime cuts from Japanese tokusatsu (special-effects) and anime works.

Game designer Fumito Ueda (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus) remarked that Japanese tokusatsu films burned an indelible mark on his impressionable mind when he saw them as a child. Years later, he said that this film has battle scenes that surpass those images etched into his nostalgic memories.

/XX/

cajunator

Banned
Edit:

Lesser used ones

Damn it has gotten pretty extensive at this point.

Theonik

That looks so god damn Takahata it hurts.

For those unfamiliar with his works, Takahata is less interested in focusing on the spectacular and the extraordinary and devotes a lot of attention to the mundane and the realistic.
And yet it looks so goooood.

/XX/

Edit:

Lesser used ones
Wait... where's :cuilan?

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 24

So I think Sakura has no business being afraid of ghosts anymore. Since she was chased as prey by both a cat and a praying mantis after she was shrunk, I really think ghosts would be child's play at this point.

Also big houses are overrated.

Defuser

Edit:

Lesser used ones

You forgot the duckroll hype curse.

tv1373302574704.jpg

I keep forgetting about the ghost girl

TWGOK S3 1

Opening: Awesome. Been repeating the song since yesterday.

Still disappointed they skipped Yui's arc. Half the fun about seeing her again in the goddess arc was how much more forward she became compared to her own arc. At least, they had the decency to have a mini recap (OVA please!).

Rest was okay, though I do have the urge to reread the manga. Kanon's confession was very nice and I'm actually pleased they changed the attacker to Lune. Would gladly like to see more of her instead of the other one.

DiGiKerot

I think they did catch up to Milky Rose, at least for her to rely on them a lot. And no one's going to reach Cure Ace's level that isn't Cure Heart because they aren't even Cure Hearts level or even relevant.

Remember when Rosetta was supposed to be awesome and was worried that she'd wreck way too much stuff if she became a Cure?

I want that Rosetta.

IMAX tickets booked for the weekend! HYPE LEVELS AT MAXIMUM!

Guys, i'm quickly running out of Texhnolyze and I really don't want it to end. Someone, anyone, hold me.
:( That series is really amazing, isn't it. Some things about it don't make sense, and I still take issue with a few things, but overall... certainly it's the best apocalypse anime ever.

I've heard, by the way which of these two shows would serve as a better anti-suicide measure post-Texhnolyze, Haibane Renmei or Niea_7?

Niea_7. Haibane Renmei has some VERY dark parts as well. It's an absolutely brilliant work of genius, but I definitely would not recommend it as a post-Texhnolyze anti-suicide measure. :p

e_i

Watamote episode 1

God tier OP and ED. Kuroki's meek voice is full of squeeeee and Hnnnngggggggggggg. She's got a good bro though.

Remember when Rosetta was supposed to be awesome and was worried that she'd wreck way too much stuff if she became a Cure?

I want that Rosetta.

Oh god, the biggest let down of them all. It sucks because she's cute, but she's pretty much Cure Mint v2 with Cameras watching people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom