• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sailor Moon 12

Have to say though, I appreciate the henshin sequences, they don't take forever, I can bother to watch these when it doesn't feel like a giant time sink just to do less violence... not like there's much violence anyway.
Is this a jab at a certain other Toei franchise? :p

Hattori

Banned
Lupin the Third Part I
Episode 1

What a great first episode, now I remember why I loved this series so much. From start to finish, this episode was just amazing and entertaining. The animation holds up even after 40 30+ years and the music is timeless.

ssAHp04.png

EyMarzV.png

LUqeWqs.png

JCG

Discotek picked up Dallos DVD for 2014 and Cardcaptor Sakura movie DVD/BD for 2014. (USA)

All I hear about Dallos is that it kind of sucks, Oshii or no Oshii, but I might check it out for the historical value of being the first OVA and all.

Guren Lagann's final form not being an actual final form and just being an attack in SRWZ2-2 is bullshit. I wanted to see a 3L Guren Lagann stepping on FLAGs.

They are saving it for SRWZ3!

So it'll crossover with Gunbuster and Diebuster! Or so I hope.

zeroshiki

All I hear about Dallos is that it kind of sucks, Oshii or no Oshii, but I might check it out for the historical value of being the first OVA and all.

They are saving it for SRWZ3!

So it'll crossover with Gunbuster and Diebuster! Or so I hope.

They should hurry up and announce SRWZ3. I don't care if they split it into 3 parts over 3 platforms. I have a Vita and a 3DS. I'm ready for whatever they decide to do.

Pls no Gundam Age kthxbye

cajunator

Banned
I can't understand either, same chara designer, look, and all.

Help me identify the problem.

Maybe Tamako's one have more bang to cover the massive forehead?

The character designs certainly werent the problem.
it just didnt really go anywhere or do anything K On or other shows javent done already so nobody bought into it.

But Corvo says they're the same!

Oh no... you're no God of Cute...you're the Queen of the Moe Borg...

tumblr_makov67lEo1qj3ej9.jpg

we're doomed

This is rather hilarious and wrong.

I've learned its best to avoid Devolution if you have ever liked an anime and you aren't the most extroverted person ever.

(We're talking about that wife cutting up anime thread, right?)

Ohhh that thread. That one makes me quite angry.

B.O.O.M

Didn't realize Kingdom already started. Got all the episodes so far to give it a go. Hope it's good

For all the weird looking animation style it uses, I really enjoyed the first season

Crunchyroll is like the best site ever for what just happened. It was my birthday yesterday so I was away from my computer, or either watching the steam sales. I come back on my computer to watch the new anime that free users could watch on CR, and I'm surprised with a 30 day free trial from CR.

EDIT: Nvm, they just asked me for a credit card :( Darn it! I was praising them so much too. I can do a 30 day trial anytime I want if I'm still going to be using a credit card in the end.

CorvoSol

There one where he
merges with the battleship to become this huge f'in monster
is not an actual form in SRWZ2-2 but is just his final attack.

Wait, Arc Gurren? Or Cathedral Lazengann Gurren Lagann? If that's the case, how did they just flat out leave out the titular Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, let alone
SUPER Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

YOKO

You only kiss once.

IT HURTS.

The Count of Monte Cristo 15

Rocking the matching bath robes in space. CountxAlbert, broz4lyfe.

Trippy atmosphere? Blue dude smoking hooka? Fuck Alexandre Dumas, this is some Lewis Caroll shit.

god albert, you're just a parrot for the count, echoing back everything he says without think, fuck.

lol this fucking old guy had a false arm and a pen in his arm that can access his mind? wtf. yeah, that totally wasn't unexpected.

oh shit laying down the law, Hede! This slow motion house of cards collapse just keeps on giving.

Aww poor Albert. Gets he heart dashed on Luna, gets his heart dash on Earth, gets his heart dashed in space. And yet he never learns.

god this music is fucking epic.

Isn't it? That song totally makes that episode work. But yeah, Albert like, NEVER gets it.

is godannar any good? heard its got fanservice and mechas.

There was something in Godannar aside from fanservice and mecha? I don't remember. There were euphemisms, one unfortunate implication, and some stuff about marriage, but mostly it was "Copiloting a Giant Robot Means Having Sex" the show.

Not bad. The theme song is catchy. GO OH OH OH DANNA

Valvrave the Liberator 10-11

Oh.

Well that was rape. And then she just accepted it. And then he was just like "Hm this was awkward" instead of being like "Sorry I raped you ='(" And then he proposed to her while other chick's dad died and she was ready to confess her love to him. And then next is the season finale.

This show is a show about things.

What if she set it all up, though?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ok so umm... Crunchyroll is like the best site ever for what just happened. It was my birthday yesterday so I was away from my computer, or either watching the steam sales. I come back on my computer to watch the new anime that free users could watch on CR, and I'm surprised with a 30 day free trial from CR.

That is like the best birthday gift ever for me. I'm gonna be watching so much in 1080p now :)
Also I can finally catch the new Watamote now.
I got one too and it's not my birthday! Gotcha!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINTOKI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIZZAROLL

jgminto

Ok so umm... Crunchyroll is like the best site ever for what just happened. It was my birthday yesterday so I was away from my computer, or either watching the steam sales. I come back on my computer to watch the new anime that free users could watch on CR, and I'm surprised with a 30 day free trial from CR.

That is like the best birthday gift ever for me. I'm gonna be watching so much in 1080p now :)
You know a month is only like...$7?

Also happy bday.

Hattori

Banned

belated Happy Birthday!

cajunator

Banned

jgminto

Golden Boy 2 Dub

You know Kintaro is basically Vash the Stampede but more of a pervert.

This seems like the kind of show you could watch with your granddad. I bet he would enjoy the humour.

Is Free good? I thought it's Yaoi so I didn't bother checking it out :S

It's not yaoi...yet. And it's good enough, certainly better than Tamako Market.

CorvoSol

Question: Is there like, a universal faux Japanese used in anime recently? I swear Ledo's space Japanese sounds just like Maou's Magic Japanese.

I got one too and it's not my birthday! Gotcha!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINTOKI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIZZAROLL

Thanks! Nothing beats watching 1080p anime.

You know a month is only like...$7?

Also happy bday.

Thanks!

I can't use a credit card at the moment since I don't have a job and I'm still kinda young. My parents are paying for my Anime Channel subscription at the moment so I can't even ask for a CR sub too, sadly.

belated Happy Birthday!

Thanks!

Sailor Moon 13

And down with Jadeite with it.

Hah, smug douche got told for making Usagi cry in public, although I don't know why she thinks blonde man is Tuxedo Mask-sama, they don't even have the same hair color.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Futari Wa Precure] 25
Mascots. Just what this show needed.

This episode was mind-numbingly boring. Something about going to the Field of Lights and meeting the bad CGI Queen while I fall asleep on the keyboard. I hate it when this show gets into serious plot mode, even if
Ilkubo coming back from the dead was neat

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA7
lYIJAu0l.jpg

Wise words for AnimeGAF.

Wk0aZSDl.jpg

Wise words for fans of Rez.

God, I still love this show. The jokes are all so predictable, but as something that happens like once every few months, it's great. I think there are two more planned, but who knows if that's it or if they'll keep making more.

But hey, I suppose if they cannot get a full series going, this is better than nothing.

Anime channel?

Sorry, I should have said the legit title. It's called Funimation Channel. I watch a lot more TV then I stream stuff so i wanted to get it. I still watch it regularly since they show Ouran High School Host Club, Kenichi, and Baka Test (along with other shows all eng dubbed in HD).

I'm not into it but they also show uncensored anime after midnight so shows like Freezing, Sekirei, and Cat Planet come on. I really like it since I don't have much money to buy most eng dubbed anime boxsets so this is a perfect substitute. Also certain movies like Tales of Vesperia First Strike, and Oblivion Island are shown too.

They also show YuYu Hakusho and Fairy Tail so I caught up with those shows fast thanks to it. I love the channel :)

jgminto

Sorry, I should have said the legit title. It's called Funimation Channel. I watch a lot more TV then I stream stuff so i wanted to get it. I still watch it regularly since they show Ouran High School Host Club, Kenichi, and Baka Test (along with other shows all eng dubbed in HD).

I'm not into it but they also show uncensored anime after midnight so shows like Freezing and Cat Planet come on. I really like it since I don't have much money to buy most eng dubbed anime in HD so this is a perfect substitute. Also certain movies like Tales of Vesperia First Strike, and Oblivion Island are shown too.

They also show YuYu Hakusho and Fairy Tail so I caught up with those shows fast thanks to it. I love the channel :)
Liar, I'm telling your parents.

cajunator

Banned
You know how I rant and stuff about shows I hate?

Eureka Seven was such a good show I sat down, shut up, and realized I was wrong and then told everybody in animeGAF that. Show changed my entire opinion about it. FMP! is my favorite anime ever, but E7 is something I would consider recommending prior to it. The music, animation, cast, setting, colors, concepts all won me over. One of the best love stories in any anime I've seen.

This is why we are trying to protect you from AO.
and I dont mean Saya protection either.

:kurita

WataMote is so goddamn cringe worthy! :S

Nah. Not really. But its fun.

cajunator

Banned
Watamote 2

Yup, still enjoying it, even with all the weird moments. She's just... awkward, but her life isn't so bad. Her mumbling is still cute.

Her mumbling is precious beyond words.

I'm watching some spring shows, what should i watch next?

Photo Kano
Yuyushiki
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

Gargantia is your best bet.

School Days - 5

Well things just took a turn for the WHY.

First off, we have our obligatory swimsuit fanservice episode, where it appears that Katsura seems to have taken a liking to Makoto. How sweet! It's just too bad that
Makoto has now fallen in love with Sekai! Dammit you witch! You can't weasel your way out of this Sekai, you should have told him how you really felt about him from the start or else you wouldn't be in this mess!

Oh no. Don't tell me... Oh, yep. They are. Good lord, this is insane. If I wasn't that invested in this show before, I am now.
Here's hoping that Katsura ends up falling in love with a nicer man by the end of this.

:D

Discotek picked up Dallos DVD for 2014 and Cardcaptor Sakura movie DVD/BD for 2014. (USA)

Oh my god yes!!!!!!!
I havent watched the movies yet. Having them on bluray would be a treat.

They should bring over the CCS BD series :(

Would double dip. Uncut please!

Sailor Moon 15

Last one for the night

Park destruction, more Desertrians, and apparently Mamoru feeling odd when Sailor Moon transforms. Clearly they're tied beyond souls because why the fuck not. Also Rei going after the cock, it is stronger than her evil sensory skills.

Okay, I must not have been paying attention to the stock footage for Sailor Moon enough, because I spy some assheck yo *nsfw*.

AND MARS UNDERSKIRT RETURNS *nsfw*. Dude must really like Sailor Mars or something.

CorvoSol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom