• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Random Anime Dinnertime has now been replaced with watching our daily episode of Mushi-Uta (up to EP 6 now, I think), and it's been okay-ish so far. The way the show barely explained anything at first kept us hooked, even in spite of the plot not being amazing by any means. Guess we'll keep on watching until things get downright stupid/boring or the end of the series, whichever comes first.

Ascheroth

God Eater - 9

This is getting really interesting. Soma backstory and more background information about Aragami and God Arcs.
Fuck that doctor, though.

They showed a preview of episode 10 at the end, so they won't just end it here, right? Do we know when and how the last 3 episodes will be available?

“Ever since we began simulcasting the anime series last year, fans of Tokyo Ghoul have been clamoring for a mobile game,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and President of FUNimation Entertainment. “With Season 2 now finished and Season 3 set for 2016, the anticipation for the game has only grown higher.”

First Nanatsu no Taizai and now this bullshit. I seriously hope this is a mistake on Funimation's part and not a leak. God knows what would happen if a Tokyo Ghoul Re adaption happened in 2016. This day has not been going so well for me.😌

maybe it's Fall 2016

I still believe A-1 will rush it considering they blitz through 103 chapters. Then again it could be anime original.

Anton668

from otakuusa magazine...

Another top 20 list from our favorite pollsters Charapedia – they’ve asked their readership to rank anime’s coolest middle-aged gentlemen, scariest females, and now anime’s most pitiable heroines.

What anime girls have Japanese fans saying, “aww, poor blahblah-chan”? Let’s find out:

20. Nagisa Furiuawa (Clannad)

19. Miki Makimura (Devilman)

18. Lucy (Elfen Lied)

17. Yozora Mikazuki (Hanagai)

16. Tsubasa Hanekawa (Monogatari series)

15. Sachi (Sword Art Online)

14. Shirley Finette (Code Geass)

13. Akari Akaza (YuruYuri)

12. Misuzu Kamio (AIR)

11. Mayuri Shiina (Steins;Gate)

10. Index (A Certain series)

9. Stella Loussier (Gundam SEED Destiny)

8. Sayaka Miki (Madoka Magica)

7. Sakura Matou (Fate/stay series)

6. Ran Mouri (Detective Conan)

5. Mami Tomoe (Madoka Magica)

4. Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica)

3. Meiko “Menma” Honma (Anohana)

2. Kotonoha Katsura (School Days)

1. Kaori Miyazono (Your Lie in April)

Ascheroth

First Nanatsu no Taizai and now this bullshit. I seriously hope this is a mistake on Funimation's part and not a leak. God knows what would happen if a Tokyo Ghoul Re adaption happened in 2016. This day has not been going so well for me.😌

I still believe A-1 will rush it considering they blitz through 103 chapters. Then again it could be anime original.

This can't be real, right...?
What Tokyo Ghoul needs isn't another butchered adaption, it's the Brotherhood/HxH 2011 treatment...

I feel sorry for Ishida Sui, the guy puts a huge amount of work into everything and Pierrot (or whoever is responsible) just shits over him and butchers everything (talking about the script he wrote for Root A and how they ignored like 95% of it) .

javac

God Eater Episodes 10-13 'Coming This Winter'

AnimEigo Roundup:
Announced at AWA yesterday:

Riding Bean Kickstarter later this year.

AD Police Kickstarter early 2016.

More news soon I hope.
AnimEigo Facebook

Anime Limited acquire Assassination Classroom and K: Missing Kings
First is news that the distributor has acquired rights to both the K: Missing Kings movie, as well as forthcoming autumn season show K: Return of Kings, the latter of which will be simulcast via Viewster, with Anime Limited handling the home video release of both titles - we can expect to see Missing Kings released on DVD and Blu-ray "soon".

Also acquired by the company is the anime adaptation of Assassination Classroom, which will be coming to the UK on home video at a future date - the series is slated for a 2016 release, and will feature both English and Japanese audio with English subtitles.
uk-anime.net

This can't be real, right...?
What Tokyo Ghoul needs isn't another butchered adaption, it's the Brotherhood/HxH 2011 treatment...

I feel sorry for Ishida Sui, the guy puts a huge amount of work into everything and Pierrot (or whoever is responsible) just shits over him and butchers everything (talking about the script he wrote for Root A and how they ignored like 95% of it) .

Ishida Sui was interviewed about the anime and all he said was nice things about it. Granted he probably couldn't say anything negative about it but still the amount of butchering his series got is bad. Then again that's what happens when you hire an Oscar nominated Director to direct your series who's so full of himself.

The guy really deserve a lot more recognition for the amount of work he puts out. Anyway hopefully Nanatsu no Taizai doesn't get butchered like Root A.

Jarmel

Banned
Gangsta End
I haven't kept up with this subpar show, but I wanted to see how it ended, and of course it's a shitty cliffhanger.

Yea I just finished this too. For fuck's sake. They didn't resolve jack shit. Not a single god damn thing.

Fucking advertisements.

javac

The following Fall 2015 shows are listed as 12 episodes each:
  • Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (A Tale of Worst One)
  • Hidan no Aria AA (Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA)
  • Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid

L.O.R.D

Charlotte 13 alternate ending ( True ending )

kpaqwhN.jpg

Arslan 25 END

Can this get a second season since the manga is so far behind and will probably be in 2018 before its even caught up to episode 25.

Decent end. My Silver Mask (Arslan MVP award) got all super epic and seems prepped to still be the final boss of the whole series, Elam is still epic (best character of Arslan award), and KENN got a fantastic set of lines (best voice of Arslan award).

Music was its weakness, there was nothing memorable in OST or even in OP/ED.

8/10.

sonicmj1

Clannad 7-8: Yukine Arc

Finally, some real fighting! Hell yeah motherfucker!

As an emotional arc, this one is pretty weird. Yukine has always been an incredibly flat character, and that doesn't change here. She's kind to everybody and wants them all to get along. She even surpasses Nagisa in her banal Yamato Nadeshiko-ocity.

So involving her with these West Side Story-esque gangs that only seem to exist to hang out and fight each other just brings out her most boring traits. She helps everyone. Everyone likes her. She wants them to stop fighting.
She assumes her deceased brother, who she admits to not knowing very well before his passing, also wanted this.
It's just not very interesting. Like, it's dumb that the gangs can't make up, but the way they act is just as unrealistic.

This arc is also yet another sequence where the leads have pretty much no agency as they're pulled along by circumstances and coincidence, culminating in a fight that only happens because of a slapstick comedy gag. It's also yet another arc where one wonders what the heck any kind of authority figures in this town are doing. Are known violent gang members just regularly running in and out of the local high school?

Rival gang leader Sasaki, voiced by Daisuke Ono (who would go on to voice Jotaro in the recent Jojo TV series), is the secret hero of the arc. What a badass.

Not looking forward to whatever bullshit the light orb legend at the end of the episode sets up.

blurr

Kana Hanazawa feature in some random Japanese TV show (no subs). We see her voicing Nadeko for a few moments, has a few jokes, if you understand the language XD

blurr

Sorry, I didn't know that was a thing.

Come to think of it, she always seems to wear one.

You can't underestimate deadly Japanese cold.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 25-End

5YeJ2eV.png

She's the cutest little tsundere holy warrior.

Arslan, it's been a weird journey. You started out great, then kinda burned out. Then it became an Lord of Rings-esque adventurer. Which was fun. Then you had a largely predictable, but enjoyable midway twist.

Then you go into the dessert for the arc that's totally pointless, and feels like filler. Only it's not filler apparently.

And here after the final big battle, despite all the problems, which there are a lot, I find myself hoping it gets another season. Because it's on the verge of becoming a great show again, and not the frustrating up and down slip and slide you've been.

God Eater 09

Eh, at least it looked good.

Lenka also looked good, he's kinda wasted on this franchise.

Will watch when this is resumed, I kinda like it.

Gangsta 12-End

tumblr_mbft46YIPR1ry5zteo1_500.gif

REALLY BANDAI? MANGLOBE? That's the ending?

That's where you thought, yeah, we can stop here, no problem.

One of the main characters is just bleeding out, and it ends. No closure with anyone! That's the end. Because fuck you! Fuck the viewers! Fuck everything! Read the manga.

This is one of the worst read the manga ending I've seen in a long damn time.

i%2Bhate%2Beverything.gif

Ascheroth

Huh, reading those Gangsta impressions it looks like I don't really want to catch up.
(Stopped at episode 9, because the break kinda threw me off).
Seems like just jumping into the manga right away would be the better idea.

Phatmac

Wow this show has just kept going downhill due to production issues and the story putting up questions that aren't getting answered. I'd hope for an ending that left me wanting more but it just ends like it isn't even the last episode. It's just another anime that advertises the manga. Fuck.
3429999qt68fic9th.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There will be no subtitle since, based on extensive research, all threads that have subtitles have resulted in despicable lewd behaviour and the next thread will be a lewd free zone.

Anohana Special

Well I wish they had made new music but then during keyscenes I was glad the op and ed song were able to be used smartly in this. Didnt offer anything new and everyone seemed a bit more accepting and fast on it instead of dwelling in disbelief for a bit. Casting could have been a bit better as no one really looked as pretty as their counterparts in the anime except for Yukiatsu.

I creyed.

There will be no subtitle since, based on extensive research, all threads that have subtitles have resulted in despicable lewd behaviour and the next thread will be a lewd free zone.

What if threads without subtitles results in even lewder behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom