• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Rated For PC!

NeoRaider

The Korean game rating board has rated Sunet Overdrive, which first launched for Xbox One in October 2014, for PC.

A PC version of the Microsoft-published, Insomniac Games-developed open-world action adventure game has yet to be announced.

https://gematsu.com/2018/05/sunset-overdrive-rated-for-pc-in-korea

H5Z5OKv.gif

Can't believe that this is finally happening!

Nice if it happens, should mean a Scorpio patch too.

I bought it at launch but never played it lol. 4K patch and I will though!

Shifty

Oh snap! I watched the giant bomb quick look of this the other day, got me thinking how fun it'd be to play with M&KB. Colour me interested.

It'll probably be a Unified Windows Crapp tied to Microsoft's garbage storefront though, so my expectations are tempered.

what happened to that woman?
Religion, I think.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
This is a top 3 game of the generation for me. I am hopeful that Spider-Man will offer me a similar experience but I really want Sunset Overdrive to be successful so that we hopefully get a sequel some day.

xviper

microsoft is really determined on fucking up the xbox one aren't they ?

State of decay 2 scores awful (which was obvious since the game looked like shit) and now they want to release their best new AAA IP of the generation on PC

cHaOs667

State of decay 2 scores awful (which was obvious since the game looked like shit) and now they want to release their best new AAA IP of the generation on PC
Microsoft is just the publisher of the X1 version and does not own the IP.

And why not release it on PC? It's a nice game that needs a broader audience...

... and it wasn't that successful as it was praised by fans.

I love this game. Bought an XB1 when it came out and sadly it ended up being the only game I really played on the system (sold my XB1 a year or two ago). Spent over 100 hours with it and would love to see it get more attention. I've always enjoyed games that have a heavy emphasis on movement or ability to move about the environment creatively and Sunset Overdrive offers some of the best environment interaction in any game I've played.

I have to say between some last gen PC ports and this I'm itching to build a gaming PC again.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The game was fun, but forgettable. The grinding/traversal was way too auto-piloty and the tower defense parts were just awful. Not sure where all the praise for this game comes from.

I hope the price is around $20. I wouldn't spend that much more than that. The story is meh and the game has a lot of fetch quest. However, I do like the traversal and the style of the game enough to buy it again.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
One of the best games on the Xbone, in my opinion, and one of the main reasons I bought one.

Pity we never got a sequel.

It was the reason I bought one. Then I played it. Too derivative and the humor was bad. I'm glad more people will have access to it, but it was not a great game IMO.

WaterAstro

Given that Insomniac are busy finishing Spiderman 2018, it may be a while before a sequel is announced.
I think that's highly unlikely for Microsoft to publish because Sunset Overdrive didn't pay off for them. If I remember, Insomniac already established that they would have to find a new publisher.

A sequel is definitely something that shouldn't be expected at this point.

Drewpee

Banned
Fantastic game that was overshadowed by the failures of the Xbox at the time. Definitely deserves more love, I hope they release a one x patch alongside the PC release.

jowell24

I think that's highly unlikely for Microsoft to publish because Sunset Overdrive didn't pay off for them. If I remember, Insomniac already established that they would have to find a new publisher.

A sequel is definitely something that shouldn't be expected at this point.

Exactly. I was just trying to also remind that they're focused on their current project for the foreseeable future :)

At their current state, Microsoft really needs a system seller right now

Vitacat

Might buy.

But, I'd rather have an Xbone X update with 60fps 4K etc. since I have an X now, and already own Sunset Overdrive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom