• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Rated For PC!

Kazza

So, is this likely to be a Windows Shop game rather than a Steam game? I wonder if there will be an X patch too?

Either way this will be great for PC (and X, if patched). Didn't the original Xbox version struggle to hold 30 fps at 900p? Looking forward to see what X and PC can do.

EDMIX

microsoft is really determined on fucking up the xbox one aren't they ?

State of decay 2 scores awful (which was obvious since the game looked like shit) and now they want to release their best new AAA IP of the generation on PC

lol

I'm not really sure how much say MS may have had with this. Insomniac does own the IP. We'll have to see. If anything maybe this shows them they probably should have found another publisher and did a different deal to have it come on many platforms day and date.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Literally the only game on Xboxone that i wanted to play, now i don't ever need to get one
Same here. Microsoft aren't doing themselves any favours. I would happily buy an Xbox One but there aren't any games I care about that I can't play on my PC.

maybe they just see PC as "their" enthusiast "Xbox" since you pretty much need Windows to play games. XB1S = Budget, XB1X = Mid-range, PC = Enthusiast. I guess it saves them making an "XB1X Pro" that can actually do 4K with 60fps lmfao.

Last edited:

Kazza

Same here. Microsoft aren't doing themselves any favours. I would happily buy an Xbox One but there aren't any games I care about that I can't play on my PC.

maybe they just see PC as "their" enthusiast "Xbox" since you pretty much need Windows to play games. XB1S = Budget, XB1X = Mid-range, PC = Enthusiast. I guess it saves them making an "XB1X Pro" that can actually do 4K with 60fps lmfao.

I'm still waiting on backwards compatibility. If that ever comes to PC, then my last reason for getting an Xbox is over too (I'll just keep my 360 for games I already bought on Xbox Live Arcade, but maybe even they will eventually make it over).

Larxia

I'm not sure why so many people see microsoft games being on pc such a bad thing for xbox, you know, not everyone play on PC or want to play on PC.
I know a lot of people who aren't interested in PC gaming and just want to play on consoles, no matter if the games are "exclusives" or not. People should stop focusing on exclusives so much.

Kazza

I'm not sure why so many people see microsoft games being on pc such a bad thing for xbox, you know, not everyone play on PC or want to play on PC.
I know a lot of people who aren't interested in PC gaming and just want to play on consoles, no matter if the games are "exclusives" or not. People should stop focusing on exclusives so much.

As a consumer, I think it's great. When console hardware was very diverse (think Megadrive/SNES or Saturn/PS1/N64) buying multiple consoles made sense, because even the multi-plats had a different flavour to them depending on the system you played the on (or were even entirely different games in some cases). However, since this gen at least, PS4/Xbox One/PC all have very similar types of hardware and multi-plats are pretty much identical (apart from differences in performance). This makes buying multiple hardware seem a little redundant. I only wish Sony would follow suit.

kingbean

Looks like the achievements are leaked and they're slightly different from the xbox version.

It's also been found in the steamDB.

So anyone worried about it not coming to steam should be happy.

If it's a UWP game I'm hoping that it will pickup my already purchased Xbox edition. If it's got different achievements though than I suspect it won't.

thelastword

Banned
I really hope it's not W10 exclusive.

Bring to steam and i will be there.
How would you think so when MS run away from Insomniac the day the game shipped....MS is not funding this PC release, neither is MS funding a sequel. So there's no way this would have ever been a Windows Store Exclusive.....

Are they going to edit out the GAF mention in the ending? lol

inb4 Sony announces they bought Insomniac at E3 :p
How about Sony not only purchasing Insomniac, but giving them the funds to do a sequel that's actually pretty good...?

All in all, I think if this releases only on PC, it won't really matter, perhaps it will cause persons who really wanted to try it do so, since it was exclusive, yet that was one of the few games I've heard morsels of persons say they were eyeing an XB for, but they wouldn't because it was just one game......OTOH, even if this releases on PS4, I mean it will sell a few copies, but it won't light the world on fire.....I think this game was hyped mainly because XBOX didn't have many exclusives, so I'm not sure the appeal is there for a huge seller......I think they need to do a few things to make this game better, (faster traversal, 60fps, basically a quicker game, better characters and personalities).....I mean IQ was not great with lots of aliasing, so at least that will be fixed with some of the perf issues on explosions etc....I'll definitely play it. If they do offer a PS4 release however, I hope they give a 60fps option....and improve gameplay a bit....Kinda remaster it in a way....

LostDonkey

How would you think so when MS run away from Insomniac the day the game shipped....MS is not funding this PC release, neither is MS funding a sequel. So there's no way this would have ever been a Windows Store Exclusive.....

How about Sony not only purchasing Insomniac, but giving them the funds to do a sequel that's actually pretty good...?

All in all, I think if this releases only on PC, it won't really matter, perhaps it will cause persons who really wanted to try it do so, since it was exclusive, yet that was one of the few games I've heard morsels of persons say they were eyeing an XB for, but they wouldn't because it was just one game......OTOH, even if this releases on PS4, I mean it will sell a few copies, but it won't light the world on fire.....I think this game was hyped mainly because XBOX didn't have many exclusives, so I'm not sure the appeal is there for a huge seller......I think they need to do a few things to make this game better, (faster traversal, 60fps, basically a quicker game, better characters and personalities).....I mean IQ was not great with lots of aliasing, so at least that will be fixed with some of the perf issues on explosions etc....I'll definitely play it. If they do offer a PS4 release however, I hope they give a 60fps option....and improve gameplay a bit....Kinda remaster it in a way....

The game was hype because its a fucking blast. Its pure fun, its well written and it looks gorgeous.

Quit with this constant MS bashing in every damn thread and play some games and enjoy them for once in your life.

I will definitely be double dipping on this so thats pissed right on your bonfire.

Last edited:

stranno

20$, November 16!
giphy.gif

I have it on Xbox but played maybe 20 mins of it. I’ll grab the pc version if the Xbox version doesn’t get a patch to 60 FPS.

Vitacat

Fantastic! I have an Xbox One X, so not sure I need this on PC as well.

Now, if it supports high refresh rates (100+) and resolutions (especially 3440x1440 ultrawide), then yeah, I'm in.

Fantastic! I have an Xbox One X, so not sure I need this on PC as well.

Now, if it supports high refresh rates (100+) and resolutions (especially 3440x1440 ultrawide), then yeah, I'm in.
Pretty much a given, as most Windows games support both by now (some still a bit buggy).

And if it's on steam, you can count on it.

And it should be a really easy game to run at 120+hz with all bells and whistels.

DonF

So it's not a MS "Play Anywhere" thing. Weird.
Yeah, it also gives me hope that it may arrive on ps4. Like Mass Effect 1, where is was published by Microsoft, but later published by EA and ported to PS3. I would play it on pc, but I prefer playstation and trophies.

edit: no way is coming to PS4, its still published by Microsoft, THQ is handling the physical release.

Last edited:
Microsoft is not doing this for themselves or the gamers, neither for profit or exclusivity, but to respect the highly talented publisher they hired and keep good partner relationship.

Like for Quantum Break with Remedy, the fact that they're releasing it on Steam means it's about not disappointing and keeping on their bad reputation with publishers (although nothing will change how they dared fucked Platinum Games).

Also I will buy it when it's <15€ on Steam.

Vaev

I'd been wanting to play this for years. I just got a X1X for RDR2 and got Game Pass. To my delight this was in the library, so I started it up and created a character. Still early on, but it's got a great style, fluid shooting, and ridiculous Jet Set Radio grinds. I'm loving it :D

Orta

Banned
Does anyone know if/where the cfg file for this game is? I've got a 16:10 monitor and want to display it at 1920 x 1200, not 1080p.

stranno

Does anyone know if/where the cfg file for this game is? I've got a 16:10 monitor and want to display it at 1920 x 1200, not 1080p.
CFG file is in AppData/Sunset. But it doesnt work like that. Game is 16:9 fixed in any resolution (even 4:3), it takes the resolution from the desktop and you can only change the internal resolution (not the output resolution) in the menu.

If you have a 1080 display and you set 480, it will be displayed on 480 (16:9) internally, but output resolution will be 1080.

It is a strange decision but it makes supersampling far easier. You dont have to deal with Nvidia control panel and all that stuff.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Now where is my X patch? I'm never going to play it at 900P.

EDMIX

So it's not a MS "Play Anywhere" thing. Weird.

Well you have to remember that Insomniac owns the IP, not MS. MS was simply publishing. Consider Witcher 3, Namco Bandi published it in certain parts around the world, that doesn't automatically mean they'll publisher Cyberpunk 2077, it would be up to those who own the IP, so I think MS deal was solely to market, publish etc.

EDMIX

Yeah, it also gives me hope that it may arrive on ps4. Like Mass Effect 1, where is was published by Microsoft, but later published by EA and ported to PS3. I would play it on pc, but I prefer playstation and trophies.

edit: no way is coming to PS4, its still published by Microsoft, THQ is handling the physical release.

? MS also Published Ninja Gaiden 3, they also published Mass Effect....they also published aTomb Raider. So....that doesn't mean it not coming to PS4. Sony published No Man Sky and its on XB. It just means MS won't publisher the version that comes to PS4, could be Sony could be another publisher etc.

Insomniac owns the IP, not MS.

Once again, for the life of me, Microsoft doesn't care what method you choose to give them their cut of the revenue. They see the Xbox line as a walled-off gaming pc platform, which I'm all for. I want them to push foward with whatever deals need to be made for m/kb support on Xbox, and tell the entire community to go hog wild with whatever-the-hell they want to sell to console gamers.

Top Bottom