• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Frimaire

oooh, podcast's comin' out early today!

Also wow, people are really getting on Pat's case on Twitter over those Switch pre-orders.

Edzi

oooh, podcast's comin' out early today!

Also wow, people are really getting on Pat's case on Twitter over those Switch pre-orders.

I mean, he came off as a massive hypocritical asshole in the last podcast when he was discussing what he'd be willing to do to get a Switch and tbh, he's been getting worse with that lately and I can see why it's starting to rub a lot of people the wrong way. It used to be that we all thought it was an act, but it's getting harder to tell if he's acting or if he's genuinely a shitty person. That uncertainty makes people uncomfortable.

I mean, he came off as a massive hypocritical asshole in the last podcast when he was discussing what he'd be willing to do to get a Switch and tbh, he's been getting worse with that lately and I can see why it's starting to rub a lot of people the wrong way. It used to be that we all thought it was an act, but it's getting harder to tell if he's acting or if he's genuinely a shitty person. That uncertainty makes people uncomfortable.

I don't think he's a truly a bad person. I think that he was trying to build up the persona of him being a giant asshole and it came off as too genuine.

Sylas

I mean, he came off as a massive hypocritical asshole in the last podcast when he was discussing what he'd be willing to do to get a Switch and tbh, he's been getting worse with that lately and I can see why it's starting to rub a lot of people the wrong way. It used to be that we all thought it was an act, but it's getting harder to tell if he's acting or if he's genuinely a shitty person. That uncertainties inty makes people uncomfortable.
I don't really see how he's a shitty person if he gets what he paid for. It's on the store if they fucked up and having a hookup at the store to get what you paid for is... Well, not shitty? It'd be one thing if he actively took it from someone else, but he has a preorder. Why is it on him to make sure someone else gets one? Hell, it's what the store would do anyway. He was playing up the asshole part but people were really missing the argument because of Woolie losing his damn mind by not actually listening.

I mean, really. If a friend of yours said, "Hey, we didn't get enough to cover all the preorders," would you genuinely just say, "Darn! Well, okay," or would you ask if they'll set one aside for you.

Listening back to last weeks podcast before going into this one, I think I figured out what I find infuriating about Pat in this situation - beyond being hypocritical that is.

It's that we know, we fucking know that he is not going to be getting the Switch day one to actually indulge with any new IPs, or even Zelda. He will toy with it, then go back to XIV - within a day. He is going to excessive lengths - lengths the likes he's vitriolically criticised in the past, to get a product that, given his routine, wouldn't get much attention whatsoever compared to XIV.

Woolie mentioned a few podcasts back he would (at the time) just put money down on the Switch on Amazon and get it whenever they got round to giving it to him. Why is this not what Pat is doing?

All that being said, I feel the glee he's emanating as he's telling us how far he is going makes me think this was, in part, bullshit he's ad-libbed knowing it would rustle Woolie's jimmies.

Woolie mentioned a few podcasts back he would (at the time) just put money down on the Switch on Amazon and get it whenever they got round to giving it to him. Why is this not what Pat is doing?

They need at least one for work, and all the extra ones were for Pat's friends. Doesn't really matter how much he actually cares.

Sylas

Listening back to last weeks podcast before going into this one, I think I figured out what I find infuriating about Pat in this situation - beyond being hypocritical that is.

It's that we know, we fucking know that he is not going to be getting the Switch day one to actually indulge with any new IPs, or even Zelda. He will toy with it, then go back to XIV - within a day. He is going to excessive lengths - lengths the likes he's vitriolically criticised in the past, to get a product that, given his routine, wouldn't get much attention whatsoever compared to XIV.

All that being said, I feel the glee he's emanating as he's telling us how far he is going makes me think this was, in part, bullshit he's ad-libbed knowing it would rustle Woolie's jimmies.
What the actual fuck. Am I a bad person for preordering a Switch even though I'm also playing XIV a shitload?

Dude said 1 is for the office, 1 is for him and 2 others are for friends that probably couldn't make it to preorder before it sold out. Or is this because he said he'd ask a friend to hold onto one if he knew they ran out of preorders? Shit, I'd ask someone the same thing if I knew they were gonna run out before I could pick up the product I've money down on.

What the actual fuck. Am I a bad person for preordering a Switch even though I'm also playing XIV a shitload?

Dude said 1 is for the office, 1 is for him and 2 others are for friends that probably couldn't make it to preorder before it sold out. Or is this because he said he'd ask a friend to hold onto one if he knew they ran out of preorders? Shit, I'd ask someone the same thing if I knew they were gonna run out before I could pick up the product I've money down on.

Which is why I said I think it's, in part, bullshit he said just to get to Woolie. As for what I meant in the comment, it was the bolded. For a guy who is so against this kind of behaviour, using a connection to get a hold of a console (last resort, I get it), to then turn around and condone it for himself, that is hypocritical, simple as. And yeah, he can do it, odds are if the same scenario fell to me I couldn't say I would turn my nose up (even though I've lost out on a pre-order out of shit like this), it's the mentality that he'd condemn someone else of doing it.

As for the XIV comment, I meant he seemed more than happy to keep up his playtime there that the Switch would be little more than a distraction to him.

Edzi

Woolie side channel WoolieVersus

zdsU7xU.png

Numb

Still not the worst thing he has done

Woolie: ''I'm putting my anime underwear on the interwebs''
His Girl: ''But why''
Woolie: ''Yes''

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Still not the worst thing he has done

Woolie: ''I'm putting my anime underwear on the interwebs''
His Girl: ''But why''
Woolie: ''Yes''

I wonder how Woolie's girlfriend feels about his 'Love is just a bunch of chemicals in our brains trying to trick us into procreating'

Fat4all

Banned
After he was released, Paul received medical confirmation that he was HIV positive and he descended into depression. While walking the streets to clear his head, Paul was threatened by a group of young gang members. He went berserk and attacked them, leading to his brutal mugging and return to the hospital. During this time he resolved that he would use the rest of his time to dispense justice to the individuals who preyed on innocent victims. One of his friends, a cop named Christina Reid (who had been kicked off the force that day for use of excessive force), was also in the hospital and came to visit him. She informed Paul that she and a man named Carlton Sun had been developing an exoskeleton suit of armor that could help aid him in accomplishing this task.

huh

In his final act as ShadowHawk, Johnstone would rescue his mother from being attacked by Hawk's Shadow. The aftermath of the fight would leave Johnstone in a weakened state and unable to elude the pursuit of the police. He was remanded into custody and transported to a hospital where AIDS eventually took its toll and ended his life.

huh

Disgraced

So is Liam adding/reading sub notifications? Because I wanted to say I'd been tuning in on his stream occasionally and was liking it quite a bit and then, well, I saw the poll on Twitter and chatter about it on here a little while ago and then, well, fuckin' A.

Top Bottom