• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

I somehow got to this point without realizing that Spooktober is going to lead up to them playing The Evil Within 2. I'm kind of ditzy lately.

I'm not terribly fond of Nidhogg 2's art style, but I didn't really like the aesthetic of the original, either. (Not so much because it was pixel art, but because it was, in my opinion, not particularly stylish or interesting pixel art.)

In today's splatfest I have seen art from Plague (definitely not a furry even though he was on the furry team and drew a furry for the furry team), Zone, and Boogie art all at once.

Strimei

I know the first fights are supposed to be easy and all but how Woolie is just beasting through them is just...wow.

While I have zero interest in the game itself, I can't wait to see this story mode because of how dumb I expect it to be. I saw the final fight/epilogue some time back and that was hoooooo boy.

I do rather like Ultron-Sigma though.

There's something about the sound-alike VA they have for Tony Stark that really bothers me.

aly

Man, I wish they weren't so bad at DC stuff because Injustice 2 story mode is so much better to watch than this or Tekken.

Matsukaze

Man, I wish they weren't so bad at DC stuff because Injustice 2 story mode is so much better to watch than this or Tekken.
Agreed.

It's super awkward that their (well, at least Pat's and Matt's) disdain for DC isn't even coming from an informed position. They know jack shit about DC. But then it gets even worse because they know jack shit about Marvel, too (barring Matt's decent-to-strong knowledge of Spider-Man, X-Men, and Punisher). Not trying to bash the guys here, just calling it like I see it.

Then again, I have to admit I underestimated Injustice 2. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it so much. Also, I remember in last year's GAF "Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2017" thread, I had MvC:I in my list. In hindsight, it would lose its spot if I knew then what I know now lol.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Agreed.

It's super awkward that their (well, at least Pat's and Matt's) disdain for DC isn't even coming from an informed position. They know jack shit about DC. But then it gets even worse because they know jack shit about Marvel, too (barring Matt's decent-to-strong knowledge of Spider-Man, X-Men, and Punisher). Not trying to bash the guys here, just calling it like I see it.

To be fair, who really has a strong knowledge about every corner of Marvel? Except for Slayven of course.

Fat4all

Banned

Mrb5CUP.png

"As cool as Arthur is" isn't needed as a qualifier, Matt. Arthur isn't and never was cool. You don't have to pretend like him and Spencer were cool to have old school cred; it actually does the opposite.

Edit: Also, Pat, "dethrone Starcraft as the premier esport", lol. I hope that was an intention Ought's Man reference for comedic effect.

Village

Them being wrong about comics and sometimes jojo is part of their charm now

I guess

I find it annoying , because its like sometimes they just like lie. Like there's this podcast where matt " sumerizes" the plot of X men Vs Avengers. And its ... like a lie, he just strait up lies.

aly

You know I am actually legit interested in the Story Parts of Night Trap. I've never seen the whole thing.

I find it annoying , because its like sometimes they just like lie. Like there's this podcast where matt " sumerizes" the plot of X men Vs Avengers. And its ... like a lie, he just strait up lies.

I do too, but its a personal quirk. Like when I watched Gianbomb's Battlefront quick look and they called Clonetroopers Stormtroopers. Like its a silly small thing, but I guess it because I personally know this info and like being correct when I speak about something, especially in front of an audience, but that's a harsh standard to hold others to.

Anyway, yeah Injustice 2 easily had the best story mode of the fighting games out at this time.

It's very important that everyone understands:

No one cares about the difference between Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers, and no one cares whether Power-Girl was Supergirl #1, #3, or #5. If you ever correct someone on one of these topics in person, everyone will stop and stare at you for a solid half minute like you have a weird growth on your head.

Just so we're clear.

Jintor

nah it's about context. you gotta guage whether or not the other person gives a shit before you delve into that info.

a good way to do this is by asking the question 'hey if i was to talk about the difference between clonetroopers or stormtroopers would that be interesting or boring' and go from there

i care but only in certain situations

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

No one cares about the difference between Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers, and no one cares whether Power-Girl was Supergirl #1, #3, or #5. If you ever correct someone on one of these topics in person, everyone will stop and stare at you for a solid half minute like you have a weird growth on your head.

Just so we're clear.

I meant this iiiiis an internet forum for nerd enthusiasts, not a party. I think a certain degree of nitpicking about this stuff should ve allowed and expected.

I meant this iiiiis an internet forum for nerd enthusiasts, not a party. I think a certain degree of nitpicking about this stuff should ve allowed and expected.

However, this is a topic about Canadians who play video games badly on YouTube, not Joss Whedon's blog or the Star Wars movie OT. The level of give-a-damn about nitpicking details, particularly on things that aren't even "core" to the channel's identity (ie, Silent Hill, Platinum Games, etc.) is super marginal. If you're in the DC Comics OT then by all means go nuts on someone for calling Supergirl's Super-Horse "Stardust" instead of "Comet", but it's important to understand that in 99% of your encounters in life literally no one cares.

aly

lol yeah nobody should just bust out with "Let me tell you the difference between Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers and why the latter are trash" That would be silly ( but true).

Village

Just so we're clear.

A lot of folks care, but not everyone does. And much like talking about the pie you stole, you gotta guage the situation apopro to talk about it.

You know I am actually legit interested in the Story Parts of Night Trap. I've never seen the whole thing.

I do too, but its a personal quirk. Like when I watched Gianbomb's Battlefront quick look and they called Clonetroopers Stormtroopers. Like its a silly small thing, but I guess it because I personally know this info and like being correct when I speak about something, especially in front of an audience, but that's a harsh standard to hold others to.

Anyway, yeah Injustice 2 easily had the best story mode of the fighting games out at this time.
What i'm talking about isn't even about like corrections

Matt just strait up said things that didn't happen while giving a synopsis of something he read, in a podcast.

Unless I can tell you something you might genuinely find cooler, i'm not going to correct you because odds are I don't care.

But I am going to question if you actually watched or read something when the telling of the events aren't things that happened.

Disgraced

However, this is a topic about Canadians who play video games badly on YouTube, not Joss Whedon's blog or the Star Wars movie OT. The level of give-a-damn about nitpicking details, particularly on things that aren't even "core" to the channel's identity (ie, Silent Hill, Platinum Games, etc.) is super marginal.
They did have an entire month of videos dedicated to superhero games...

caliph95

I go either way sometimes it funny sometimes my inner nerd wants to nerd out

Top Bottom