• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT2| We Promise Nothing and Deliver Less

Status
Not open for further replies.
8YNcANW.png

The hypest thread on NeoGAF is on its second thread and we’re going to discuss everything Best Friends, play fighting games, and shit-talk all of your Persona waifus all over again!

Recent Projects

Important Links

Official Website | New hub for everything Best Friends and more, including videos Youtube hates!

Youtube Channel | Source for most full game playthroughs and the majority of Best Friends content.

Machinima Channel | Heavily cut, one-shot playthrough for newer releases and games that provide laughter.

Official Twitter | Twitter bot that reposts updates from the official Facebook page and from the main channel

Steam Group

Super Best Fans | A place for fellow 2BF fans to hang out and play games, on consoles or on PC. Private message PhantomGaming or Pompadour Paragon for an invite to the group. Make sure to add your gamertag, PSN, Steam name/URL, and any other platform-centric name to the private message.

Podcast

The hypest podcast in gaming for a year, the Super Best Friendcast is a weekly podcast starring all the Best Friends. Each week the Zaibatsu talk about their weekly endeavors, discuss the happenings in the video game industry and other assorted popculture nerd shit, and read questions sent in through email. What’s the email, you ask? It’s superbestfriendcast@gmail.com.

Unofficial Origins of the Best Friends Zaibatsu

Originally (and still mostly) known as Two Best Friends Play, the Zaibatsu was established when 2 mutual acquaintances, Matt and Pat, recorded themselves playing Kirby’s Epic Yarn while a crappy camcorder recorded their angry mumblings. Machinima thought this was hot shit and offered them internet money to make more videos. As their popularity and fanbase grew, they moved to make a couple of full play playthroughs on their own Youtube channel. Later on, friends Woolie and Liam joined the crew. The rest, as they say, is history.

The Members

Matt

It31C14.gif

CEO of the Best Friends Zaibatsu Concern, Matt is an American-blooded Canadian with a badass cat named Zach. Brings the hype whenever possible.

Pat

7r2wjeg.gif

Short in both temper and stature, Pat is the brain behind the madness in Two Best Friends videos. Will occasionally come out of hiding to post on this thread and play fighting games.

Woolie

opCmbe1.gif

Fighting game and pie aficionado, Woolie is the lovable dreadlock predator in the group. Currently saddened by the looming end of the Naruto manga.

Liam

h5bitbt.gif

The moe anchor of the group, Liam values everything that is cute and righteous in this world. Is mistaken for a Playstation Vita occasionally.

Zach

IputD0p.jpg

Named after the character in Deadly Premonition, Zach is the voice in the heads of all the Best Friends. Did not enjoy Asura’s Wrath.

Frequently Asked Questions

I haven't heard of these guys before, why should I get into their stuff?
The chemistry that each member has with each other provides for genuinely funny and light hearted entertainment. Each member has their own preferences when it comes to games and such, but they all have passion to create content that they like making and that fans like taking part in. You are bound to either enjoy the company of all members or find a combo that you enjoy the most. There is plenty of content to dive into as well.

Whats the difference between the main channel and the Machinima channel?
The main Youtube channel has full playthroughs and ongoing playthroughs, as well as video features only available on that channel.

What type of games do they play?
The Best Friends play games they personally want to play along with games they feel will provide entertainment for fans. That being said, they usually don't do playthroughs of bad games just for entertainment value. If a bad or questionable game gets played, its usually part of an ongoing series. So expect games ranging from current gen to older handheld games or SNES/Genesis games.

Recommended One-shot Videos

Recommended Playthroughs

Ongoing Series

Friday Night Fisticuffs | “So, this is like a new segment we wanna do, cause I wanna play fighting games.” — Pat

Cryme Tyme With Woolie and Matt | Watch Matt and Woolie plunge themselves into a forgettable era of gangster games, with muffled rap music playing in the distance.

Creepy Anime Bullshit | Turn off the lights and shut the curtains 'cause Liam and Matt are playing those weird Japanese games you don't want your friends or family to catch you watching.

Huntin’ n Killin’ with Matt & Liam | There's a shit ton of hunting and/or killing of animals in these games.

Super Best Friends Brawl | In battles of skills, salt, and ginger seeking chomp chomps, only one will prevail.

Completed Series

Matt and Pat's Shitstorm of Scariness | 31 horror games are played, do Matt and Pat have what it takes to escape the storm of shit?

Shitstorm 2: The Shittening | The sequel to Shitstorm of Scariness. Expect more horror, expect more shit.

Rustlemania | 31 Days. 31 russling games. Unlimited Benoit.

The Amazing Superfriends | The Best Friends play 31 of the best and worst (but mostly worst) superhero games out there. Expect constant shit talking of Cyclops.

Fighterpedia | Sit down friends, and listen closely, as you are about to receive fighting game knowledge.

Scrublords | When you combine fighting game fans with shitty fighting games, you start wars.

Fan Stuff

Zaibatsupedia | The Best Friends wiki. Has tons of info and trivia.

Best Friends Zaibatsu | Fan made tumblr with fan made art, captured pics, videos, quotes, and more.

Fuck Yeah Two Best Friends Play | Another tumblr fan page with more and less the same kind of content.

TBFStream Daily | Best Friends content is streamed on a live channel, chat with other TBF fans while watching TBF.

TV Tropes Page | Full of interesting examinations of the entire catalogue of Best Friends content.

/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay | Fan subreddit. Woolie sometimes posts there.

Welcome to the world of Best Friends. Leave your copies of Face/Off at the door.

tLajp87.gif

(Thanks to everyone on the previous thread for helping me make this OP!)

Alfebit

Banned
I missed the entirety of the last 10 pages of the old thread in the short time I was asleep. What the hell guys?

I wasn't a Top 5 poster, my old man reflexes just can't keep up with you young buck posters. I'm barely pushing 120 wpm these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom